shape
carat
color
clarity

My new kitty, Ezra!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Well, I had been meaning to get Lola a brother for a while, and this weekend was the best time to do it. (It''s actually 3 months to the day since I got Lola, which I only realized about an hour ago.)

He''s 4 months old (he was born in the shelter, so I know his exact birthday) and already completely sweet and loving. His name in the shelter was "Cuddles", but that wasn''t going to fly here. Indy''s post about names for the cubs got me thinking, and I''d been stuck on the idea of a black and white cat named Ezra since that post. So here he is!

(Btw, Lola is not thrilled with this addition right now, but I''m sure she''ll calm down. Mostly she hisses a few times, then comes over to get me to pet her. Ezra lives in the bathroom right now, but tomorrow he''ll probably get his first chance to explore, and I''ll close Lola up in my bedroom.)

ezranumber1.jpg

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Already starting to love on me a little bit...

ezranumber2.jpg

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Wondering about the hissing

ezranumber3.jpg

princesss

Ideal_Rock

ezranumber4.jpg

princesss

Ideal_Rock

ezranumber5.jpg

princesss

Ideal_Rock

ezranumber6.jpg

princesss

Ideal_Rock
This is 20 minutes after we got home. He''ll let me play with his paws and everything. He''s fun and playful, but very docile and sweet.

ezranumber7.jpg

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
He''s a beautiful cat and I love the name!!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!

I love him, and I love you for getting him from the shelter.
1.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Claudia, I am a HUGE shelter person. Since I''m not too particular about breed when it comes to my kitties, I thought the best thing to do would be to rescue them. I thought I was going to end up with a cat a bit older (around 2) but they had 4 month olds, 3 month olds, and 1 6 year old and 1 ten year old. Since I wanted a cat younger than Lola to keep her mind active and have somebody to chase and play with, it was an easy choice to go younger. :)

matildawong

Shiny_Rock
oh Princesss, I love Ezra! I just got a black and white from the shelter, too! And then I got another one a month or so later and they are doing the hissing thing too. That''s about it. Kind of "I''m here." "I''M HERE" thing. :>

Congrats on your new addition!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/23/2008 2:10:13 PM
Author: princesss
Claudia, I am a HUGE shelter person. Since I''m not too particular about breed when it comes to my kitties, I thought the best thing to do would be to rescue them. I thought I was going to end up with a cat a bit older (around 2) but they had 4 month olds, 3 month olds, and 1 6 year old and 1 ten year old. Since I wanted a cat younger than Lola to keep her mind active and have somebody to chase and play with, it was an easy choice to go younger. :)
Me too...

I don''t think I would get a pet any other way...considering how many animals need to be rescued and what you hear about the puppy mills. Then again I understand the reason for wanting a particular breed - but if I was ever to care about breed, and the only way to get that pet was through a breeder, I would check them out with a fine tooth comb.

Enjoy your new pet and I''m sure Lola will end up loving him too.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I L
30.gif
VE HIM!!!! Congrats on your new baby and how wonderful to adopt a shelter cat!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG he''s SO PRECIOUS
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
What a love! Congrats on your new addition - he sounds like a perfect fit for your little family. Definitely keep us updated with pictures and let us know how the introduction goes
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
What a CUTIE!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
His fur looks so soft. Awww! I adore kitties, even though I''m horribly allergic. I am totally jealous of your little kitty family. I hope that Lola gets used to having him around soon enough.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Awwww, kitties are sooooo sweet. Congrats on Ezra
1.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwww, what a sweetheart cutie boy!!!! I
30.gif
him!!!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 4:12:03 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
OMG he''s SO PRECIOUS
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
What a love! Congrats on your new addition - he sounds like a perfect fit for your little family. Definitely keep us updated with pictures and let us know how the introduction goes
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I think he''s going to be great, too! He''s got personality but doesn''t seem like he''s going to really be an attention hog. Hopefully that will help things with Lola.

At the moment, she''s pretty calm. However, if I''m in the bedroom, she sits in the doorway (which faces the bathroom, where Ezra is) and growls and hisses. I really never expected to hear a growl from her! But she doesn''t avoid me when I smell like him, so I think that''s a good sign.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ezra is a total love!!! So CUTE!!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OH!!! He is BEAUTIFUL!!! And seems like SUCH a sweetie! In that one photo of him in your lap, I swear I could almost HEAR him purring!
30.gif
Congrats!

I am sure Sweet Miss Diva Lola will soon come to ADORE her baby brother... she may just need a little time to *adjust*... she has been the spoiled-only-child-princess for a few months now!!!
2.gif

I hang out in a Ragdoll forum and they are very big on gradual introductions. One poster says she always rubs both cats with baby powder when she is introducing, says since it makes them both smell the same, it can help. Just a suggestion.

So, welcome home, Ezra! Head bonks from Boo... chinny skritches from me... and oh, more pictures, please, Mom???!!!
36.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a handsome devil he is! I love his little face markings! Congratulations on the newest addition!

P.S. Another shelter fan here! All my kitties have been rescues, too!

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
Ezra is so cute. I can see why he was called was called Cuddles at the shelter he looks like the cuddliest little guy. I love those pics. He seems to just adore you. Those pics are really heartwarming they just make me smile. Congrats on your precious rescue.
1.gif

Mrs.2Artists

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Princesss, he''s such a cutie!!!
30.gif

And, I''ve been meaning to tell you, I love the pic of Lola in your avatar! She looks very . . . literate! LOL!
34.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Oh how darling! Aren''t cats fun :)

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I know it''s only been a day, but this is rough and I''m having to remind myself that it''s normal. Lola is not going to like him right away. She''s just not. It''s not like she''s completely freaking out, but anytime she''s within 5 feet of him she hisses and growls. Not continuously and not too loudly, but kind of enough to say, "I''m here and this is mine!" And when he meows because he wants to be out with me, she just hisses. She''s spent most of the day glaring at me. I''m really trying to make sure that I pet them equally during introductions, but she''s making it pretty clear that she''s not thrilled about it.

I know it''ll just take time, and I can be patient. It''s just hard to watch.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Oh what a sweetheart! It looks like you have a lap cat on your hands!
30.gif

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
He''s a doll and his personality sounds very much like my little guy.

It depends on the cats. We got Luna when our VERY territorial Dutchess was about 8 and it took a month before Luna was allowed out full time. They are still not friends, 10 years later, but they get along fine like each other well enough and Dutchess is much happier to have companionship; although she would NEVER admit it.

We got our Odin when Maggie was a year old and she warmed right up to him and they are very close.

It has been my experience that when they are younger it is easier and to just give them time. Just like bringing a sibling home, it is a big adjustment with some possible negative effects for them, but they will adjust.

You might try moving Ezra to another room for awhile a let Lola smell around his room for a bit so she can get used to it better

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your new kitty. Love the pictures!!! He''s so cute - with such a cute name. Seeing pics of kitties gives me the warm fuzzies - I swear I love kitties more than I love people.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! He''s adorable!!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results