shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Engagement Ring & Wedding Band...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful rings! They look great on you! So glad your story has a happy ending...or rather happy beginning! Congrats!

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/24/2007 7:26:40 PM
Author: snlee
Beautiful rings! They look great on you! So glad your story has a happy ending...or rather happy beginning! Congrats!

Thanks so much Snlee! I really appreciate it! Your ring on your avatar is so stunning by the way!!

Hugs,
ulualoha
1.gif

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
After seeing your introductory post over in the LIW forum, I just wanted to come over here and say hi!
Lovely engagement and wedding rings! I especially like the diamonds on the side of your wedding band - such a beautiful detail!
Also, just curious about your user name - any Hawaii ties?

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/25/2007 12:07:13 AM
Author: lsyama
After seeing your introductory post over in the LIW forum, I just wanted to come over here and say hi!

Lovely engagement and wedding rings! I especially like the diamonds on the side of your wedding band - such a beautiful detail!

Also, just curious about your user name - any Hawaii ties?

Thanks so much Isyama! You are so sweet! Yes, I lived in Hawaii as a young girl on the Waikiki side of Oahu. My mom saw the movie Gidget Goes Hawaiian and decided she needs to be in HI. She saved up her money and moved us there. She ended up getting remarried so we left the islands to live in AZ (yikes, big change of environment for me!). I missed HI so much I ended up going back there for college on a scholarship. It was wonderful. Are you from HI?

ulualoha

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful rings, and a beautiful story. Thanks for sharing the great photos, and best wishes to you and your hubby. Tell him he did well!!!
28.gif
36.gif

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/28/2007 10:27:11 AM
Author: Fly Girl
Beautiful rings, and a beautiful story. Thanks for sharing the great photos, and best wishes to you and your hubby. Tell him he did well!!!
28.gif
36.gif

Thanks so much Fly Girl....you are so sweet! I will tell him what you said! I am sure he will love hearing that! I hope you have a great day!

Hugs,
ulualoha

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/28/2007 5:01:07 AM
Author: ulualoha

Thanks so much Isyama! You are so sweet! Yes, I lived in Hawaii as a young girl on the Waikiki side of Oahu. My mom saw the movie Gidget Goes Hawaiian and decided she needs to be in HI. She saved up her money and moved us there. She ended up getting remarried so we left the islands to live in AZ (yikes, big change of environment for me!). I missed HI so much I ended up going back there for college on a scholarship. It was wonderful. Are you from HI?

ulualoha

Hi ulualoha! That''s a really cute story about your mom being inspired by Gidget!
I grew up in Kaneohe... But then I went to college in SoCal, and I don''t have any plans to move back.
(I love being able to take road trips, which you can''t really do in Hawaii...)

What part of AZ did you move to? I think it''s a beautiful state (Grand Canyon, Sedona, Monument Valley...) albeit a bit hot for my taste!

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/28/2007 2:22:03 PM

Hi ulualoha! That''s a really cute story about your mom being inspired by Gidget!

I grew up in Kaneohe... But then I went to college in SoCal, and I don''t have any plans to move back.

(I love being able to take road trips, which you can''t really do in Hawaii...)

What part of AZ did you move to? I think it''s a beautiful state (Grand Canyon, Sedona, Monument Valley...) albeit a bit hot for my taste!

OMG Isyama...I went to college at HPU in Kaneohe! My dorm overlooked the Koolau Mts....which I loved! Do you still have family back there? I miss it...and now my friend is living there and I would love to go see him but I know that wouldn''t fly with my DH and I can''t say that I blame him. I wouldn''t want him to visit some girl in Hawaii if the situation was reversed.

I used to live in Glendale, AZ...and yes, it was VERY HOT! Sedona is gorgeous as is the Grand Canyon...I haven''t been to Monument Valley as far as I know...where is that located? I liked living there at the time as we had a nice pool to escape to if necessary. I hope you are doing great Isyama...and hope to hear from you again soon!

Hugs,
ulualoha

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
I love the Koolaus!!! I think they''re the most beautiful mountains I''ve ever seen (aahh, feeling the nostalgia!).
My family is still there (parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles...), although many of my cousins have moved to CA (due to the lack of jobs in HI).
Maybe you can bring along your DH to visit your friend in HI
1.gif

Monument Valley is in the NE corner of AZ, straddling the AZ-UT border. (It''s near Kayenta, AZ.)
They shoot a lot of commercials and movies there, so I''m sure you''d recognize it
1.gif

I used to think HI was so hot and humid, but after experiencing the weather in other places, I realize just how spoiled I was! (Although I think I''m still pretty spoiled with the weather in the South Bay
3.gif
)

I hope you''re doing well too - wishing you and your husband the best in upcoming move and job transition!
PS What do you think of the weather in VA? I just visited earlier this month - talk about hot and humid!

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/29/2007 9:55:59 AM
I love the Koolaus!!! I think they''re the most beautiful mountains I''ve ever seen (aahh, feeling the nostalgia!).

My family is still there (parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles...), although many of my cousins have moved to CA (due to the lack of jobs in HI).

Maybe you can bring along your DH to visit your friend in HI
1.gif

Monument Valley is in the NE corner of AZ, straddling the AZ-UT border. (It''s near Kayenta, AZ.)

They shoot a lot of commercials and movies there, so I''m sure you''d recognize it
1.gif

I used to think HI was so hot and humid, but after experiencing the weather in other places, I realize just how spoiled I was! (Although I think I''m still pretty spoiled with the weather in the South Bay
3.gif
)

I hope you''re doing well too - wishing you and your husband the best in upcoming move and job transition!

PS What do you think of the weather in VA? I just visited earlier this month - talk about hot and humid!

Hi Isyama,

Oh that''s awesome you still have family there so you have somewhere to stay when you visit! I too miss the Koolaus...doesn''t matter what the weather is, they are always stunning and breathtaking.

Hmmm, looks like I am going to have to do some research on Monument Valley! Sounds pretty neat...I guess it must be if they film a lot of stuff there.

I really appreciate your supportiveness....thank you so much! The DH seems to be hanging in there ok but I think he and the rest of his peers are in shock. The VP he reports to directly was laid off too. He said it is weird to hear someone that high up in the company trying to organize how they are going to handle their future affairs. Oh well, there is a reason for everything right?

To answer your question about the VA weather...it''s icky! Very humid in the summer and dry in the winters...but the fam lives back there so I am trying to suck it up to be near them. I think I may have lost my mind but I have to admit I am looking forward to seeing my family and my little brothers too! I hope you are doing great today! I wish I was down in South Bay today...it''s over 100 up here in Santa Clarita! Yuck!

Hugs,
ulualoha

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, congrats!!
36.gif

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ulualoha!
Just wanted to say that I''ve been enjoying this conversation with you
1.gif

It is nice to have family in Hawaii to stay with when I visit - definitely a big cost saving! But it''s also very hard being so far away, especially my grandparents. It''s a horrible thing to think, but I never know when it''ll be the last time I see them. And I really look forward to seeing my cousin''s little boy whenever I go home - he''s adorable! And she''s going to have another baby soon!
So I can totally understand the desire to be closer to family.

Have you been in HI since they opened the H-3? That has to be one of the most amazing drives - especially when you''re driving from Halawa toward Kaneohe... when you get out of the tunnel, the Koolaus are on both sides of you, and the bay opens up in front of you... I really want to do the Stairway to Heaven hike one day.

It does seem like things happen for a reason, and often when looking back, you realize that the hard times led to something so much better. The difficult part is hanging in there until you gain that perspective!
(insert virtual hug here!)

Anyhow, I better call it a night. Hope you have a sub-100 degree Thursday!

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/29/2007 8:49:49 PM
Author: Skippy123
Gorgeous, congrats!!
36.gif

Thanks so much Skippy! You are so sweet!

Hugs,
ulualoha

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Hi Isyama,

I too have enjoyed chatting with you...you are so nice! I have not been on H3 yet...they were still building it when I left...but I remember seeing that tunnel you are talking about...it was right along the base of the Koolaus...I can imagine the view must be stunning! I really want to go back there- and now that I have accepted this offer I am feeling even more badly that I haven''t gone back yet. All of a sudden I am going on my gosh, I have two weeks to do everything I wanted to do in CA before I have to move. I do realize though I can always come back for a visit but it''s nice to not have a 5 hour flight to go play! I hope that makes sense. I do appreciate your words of encouragement....you are so nice! I hope you have a wonderful weekend and that it''s very relaxing! I hope to hear from you again soon...

Hugs,
ulualoha

BlackIsland

Shiny_Rock
The combination is lovely. I am now looking for a wedding ring and I will keep the one you have in mind, as I love the diamonds on the side. My centre stone is almost the same carat weight only my clarity is not as high - yours is a really beautiful stone.

I had a similar story, we were together for five years, broke up for three, and now back together for two years and getting married. I was not ready to get married the first time around as I had come out of a 25 year marriage and needed some time. I am ready now.

Think of the round versus princess issue in this way. IT''S AN OPPORTUNITY! It appears your fellow is a good shopper when it comes to jewellery - he has already proven that twice. Think of all the future surprise opportunites he has now. Maybe on your 5th, or 10th, or 20th he will present you with a lovely princess cut to honor the occasion. Look at all the posting''s on Pricescope where the ladies are showing us their anniversary presents. In the meantime, enjoy flashing your ring all about town. I am nowhere near as young as most of the people posting on this site and I cannot believe how quickly I fell back into that habit of showing off my ring to its best advantage to absolutely everyone I meet (grocery store clerk, banker, neighbours) Boy am I having fun. You get out there and do the same!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Your rings are beautiful.

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/1/2007 11:51:50 AM
Author: BlackIsland
The combination is lovely. I am now looking for a wedding ring and I will keep the one you have in mind, as I love the diamonds on the side. My centre stone is almost the same carat weight only my clarity is not as high - yours is a really beautiful stone.

I had a similar story, we were together for five years, broke up for three, and now back together for two years and getting married. I was not ready to get married the first time around as I had come out of a 25 year marriage and needed some time. I am ready now.

Think of the round versus princess issue in this way. IT''S AN OPPORTUNITY! It appears your fellow is a good shopper when it comes to jewellery - he has already proven that twice. Think of all the future surprise opportunites he has now. Maybe on your 5th, or 10th, or 20th he will present you with a lovely princess cut to honor the occasion. Look at all the posting''s on Pricescope where the ladies are showing us their anniversary presents. In the meantime, enjoy flashing your ring all about town. I am nowhere near as young as most of the people posting on this site and I cannot believe how quickly I fell back into that habit of showing off my ring to its best advantage to absolutely everyone I meet (grocery store clerk, banker, neighbours) Boy am I having fun. You get out there and do the same!

Thank you so much Blackisland...your posting was so sweet! I am glad you and your honey got back together too!
36.gif
Have you set a date yet? I still can''t believe we chose to plan our wedding in a month once we got back together. I think I may have gone nuts temporarily!
26.gif

Here is a link to my wedding ring.

http://www.bluenile.com/product_details.asp?oid=5408&catid=8&filter_id=0&nav1=band_channel.asp&page=1&col=2&row=2&pos=5&set_shape=

We bought it off Blue Nile. Their customer service was very good...I have to say I was impressed. I got my hubby''s ring there too...this is his ring...

http://www.bluenile.com/product_details.asp?oid=5929&catid=127&filter_id=0&nav1=band_channel.asp&page=2&show_all_pages=0&col=1&row=1&pos=1&set_shape=

I loved it but he wanted the scattered diamonds all the way around...so I guess I know what to get him for our anniversary. Congrats again to you...can''t wait to hear about your upcoming plans!

Hugs,
ulualoha

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/1/2007 11:55:29 AM
Author: marcyc
Congratulations! Your rings are beautiful.

Thanks so much Marcyc...I really appreciate it!

Hugs,
ulualoha

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I love your set! It looks great on your hand. Wear it in good health!

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/1/2007 2:27:47 PM
Author: anchor31
I love your set! It looks great on your hand. Wear it in good health!

Thanks so much Anchor31! I appreciate it very much! By the way, I saw somewhere on a posting you were a bit shy about sharing your picture on PS....you are just adorable...I am glad you decided to share your pretty face with the rest of us! Have a wonderful weekend and thanks so much again!

Hugs,
ulualoha

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results