shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Engagement Ring & Wedding Band...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I have been away from PS for quite a while although I have been reading everyone's postings and drooling over the gorgeous jewels that have been posted! I had gotten engaged a while back (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/princess-cut-engagement-ring-thanks-for-inputs.30793/). Everything was perfect. I loved my guy and I loved the ring we picked together but we had a terrible miscommunication between us and split up. The good news is that we loved each other so much we talked through out miscommunication, we got back together and got re-engaged!
30.gif
The bittersweet thing for me was that he returned my princess cut ering
39.gif
(which I loved so much) but picked out a gorgeous RB for me with his mom and nephew
30.gif
. Even though my favorite cut of all time is the princess cut, I am a sentimental sap so I could not even bear the thought of asking for something different
36.gif
. The ring has grown on me and I think it compliments the wedding band I picked out. Anyhow, I have attached a picture of it...which is a bit blurry but I love the colors that jump out of the stone against the rose
18.gif
. I have a bunch more pictures to post, including my wedding band. We got married on December 30th! Here are the stats on my new ering:

GIA report
RB: 7.11-7.17 x 4.29 mm
Carat Wt: 1.30
Color: H
Clarity: VS 1
Cut: Excellent
Total Depth: 60.1%
Table Size: 57%
Crown Angle: 34.0 degrees
Crown Height: 14.5%
Pavillion Angle: 41.2 degrees
Pavillion Depth: 43.5%
Star Length: 55%
Lower Half: 80%
Girdle: Thin to Medium, Faceted (1.9%)
Culet: None
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None

I hope you enjoy the pictures!

Hugs,
Terri
36.gif

DSC00886.jpg

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Here is a hand shot.

DSC00883.jpg

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Here is one in the sunlight...

DSC00887.jpg

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Here is a view of the setting.

DSC00888.jpg

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Here is a semi side shot...

DSC00889.jpg

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Lastly a side shot of my new ering....

DSC00890.jpg

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Here are some shots of my wedding ring...it has pave set princess cut diamonds on top and round brilliant diamonds on both sides. Hopefully I have explained that correctly! I am still learning but boy have I learned a lot thanks to everyone on PS!! I love the antique look to my wedding ring. The first shot is a hand shot of my wedding ring.

DSC00892.jpg

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
A side shot of my Wring....there are round brilliants on the other side as well.

DSC00894.jpg

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Here is my Wring nestled inside a rose. I just loved everyone''s shots with their rings nestled inside of flowers...thank you for the inspiration! I hope you like this shot!

DSC00897.jpg

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Here is a shot of my wedding set together that my DH took while we were on our minimoon. I love the way the sunlight makes it look so shimmery!
31.gif
36.gif

DSC00376.jpg

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
A hand shot in the sunlight of both rings...I hope I am not overwhelming everyone with my pictures! I just got inspired looking at everyone''s pics today!
1.gif

DSC00898.jpg

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
I took a few shots with the rings nestled inside a rose blossom. Here''s the first one...

DSC00900.jpg

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Another rose blossom shot...

DSC00901.jpg

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Last rose blossom shot....

DSC00902.jpg

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! I love it with the wedding band!

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Last shot...I got some nice sunlight for this shot...thanks to taking a gander at my pictures! I hope you liked them!!! Many thanks to all of you for sharing your beautiful erings and wrings...there are some amazing rings on PS!

Hugs,
Terri
35.gif

DSC00904.jpg

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Luckystar112. It has taken some time for me to adjust to a RB but I am grateful to have such beautiful ring set with such sentiment behind it!!
26.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Congratultions! I think your set looks fantastic! I also think you are very sweet for being so determined to love your ring even though you initially wanted something different. Your dh is lucky man! Maybe down the line you will get the princess you love in a different ring.

Thanks for sharing your lovely photos!

a

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh, your rings are gorgeous! I''m glad you got back together and are now married to your man...even if your center stone isn''t what you''d initially imagined it would be or had, the RB is just beautiful and looks fabulous with your PC wedding band! I myself have a RB e-ring and a wedding band with PC''s, and I love the combo! (See avatar, lol!) I personally love the combination of squares and round shapes, so I''m very happy with mine...DH chose them both, he got my e-ring as a suprise knowing I wanted a RB center but when we went to choose our wedding bands I didn''t realize how great the PC band looked with a RB solitaire, i never would''ve put the two together. I wish you all the best, congrats!!!
36.gif
35.gif

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
so pretty!!!
30.gif
30.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
What a happy ending!!!! Your rings are gorgeous together
3.gif
30.gif
congrats on the wedding!

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/22/2007 8:04:27 PM
Author: luckystar112
Very pretty! I love it with the wedding band!

Hi Luckystar112,

I wasn''t sure if you saw my thank you post. I am still learning the ropes on PS. I just wanted to say thanks! I really appreciate your message!
1.gif

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/23/2007 1:22:16 AM
Author: angeline
Congratultions! I think your set looks fantastic! I also think you are very sweet for being so determined to love your ring even though you initially wanted something different. Your dh is lucky man! Maybe down the line you will get the princess you love in a different ring.

Thanks for sharing your lovely photos!

a

Thanks so Angeline...you made me feel better. I shared my posting with my hubby but I think I hurt his feelings. My intention was to show my pride in the ring he, his mom and nephew picked out but I think it backfired. You made me feel better when I read your posting. Hopefully in time he will see that I was showing it off because I am honored he gave me such a nice ring. Thanks so much again!
1.gif

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/23/2007 2:19:39 AM
Author: monarch64
Ohhh, your rings are gorgeous! I''m glad you got back together and are now married to your man...even if your center stone isn''t what you''d initially imagined it would be or had, the RB is just beautiful and looks fabulous with your PC wedding band! I myself have a RB e-ring and a wedding band with PC''s, and I love the combo! (See avatar, lol!) I personally love the combination of squares and round shapes, so I''m very happy with mine...DH chose them both, he got my e-ring as a suprise knowing I wanted a RB center but when we went to choose our wedding bands I didn''t realize how great the PC band looked with a RB solitaire, i never would''ve put the two together. I wish you all the best, congrats!!!
36.gif
35.gif

Hi Monarch64,

Thanks for your message and the congrats. I really appreciate it! I too love my PC wedding band against the RB solitaire...it was an unexpected surprise. I just wanted a princess cut so bad, I figured having it in my band would be perfect and what made it even cooler was having the RB on the sides to tie back into the RB solitaire. BTW the picture of your ering and wband is lovely! I love it against the orange..it really makes the fire sparkle! Thanks so much again!!!
1.gif

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/23/2007 2:57:57 AM
Author: 04diamond<3
30.gif
30.gif
so pretty!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Thanks so much 04diamond! I appreciate the compliment!!!
26.gif

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/23/2007 1:04:40 PM
Author: poshpepper
What a happy ending!!!! Your rings are gorgeous together
3.gif
30.gif
congrats on the wedding!

Thanks for such a nice compliment poshpepper! I meant to ask you on the color forum what kind of stone that is in your avatar? Hopefully you will see my post back to you...it''s beautiful! Thanks again!
1.gif

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
ulualoah, what a beautiful new ering and wedding band! And what an amazing story.....When I read it I thought "their love came full circle"---hence the round stone. Man I''m a DORK! Congrats to you, it''s lovely. I am a previous princess cut girl and now have a round----even though I was heart set on a round this time, I do still miss my princess cut from time to time, but I have fallen in love with how lively a well cut round is!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely - congrats!

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/24/2007 5:07:40 PM
Author: Jenn5504
ulualoah, what a beautiful new ering and wedding band! And what an amazing story.....When I read it I thought ''their love came full circle''---hence the round stone. Man I''m a DORK! Congrats to you, it''s lovely. I am a previous princess cut girl and now have a round----even though I was heart set on a round this time, I do still miss my princess cut from time to time, but I have fallen in love with how lively a well cut round is!

Hi Jenn5504,

No way are you a dork, you gave me goosebumps with what you said. I never thought of it that way. I think you brought the princess cut gremlins at peace! That is such an awesome way of thinking through what happened!!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Hugs,
ulualoha
1.gif

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/24/2007 5:22:46 PM
Author: aljdewey
It''s lovely - congrats!
Thanks so much aljdewey! I really appreciate the compliment!!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results