shape
carat
color
clarity

My new Ashoka

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring is beautiful! It looks lovely!

my-ashoka

Rough_Rock
Thanks again for all of your sweet comments! It truly is beautiful and at times it''s still hard to believe it''s mine
19.gif
! I just wish the pictures did it the justice it deserves...this sucker sure has sparkle and fire. It looks like it''s dancing on my finger!

To be honest, I was a little concerned at first about the I color. To go up to an H would have run about another grand or more and my jeweler said that I really wouldn''t be able to tell the difference. To go colorless with this stone and the size I wanted (hahahah...in my dreams I would go way bigger) was WAY out of our price range. In bright light and definitley outdoors, it looks as white as a D. My husbands jokes that I am blinding everyone and that if we lose power, we''ll use my ring as our flashlight
37.gif
! The only time I can tell it''s true color is at night when there is low lighting. Even then it''s not bad (still gorgeous) but I can tell a little difference. I just think it looks more like an antique, estate piece then. And then there are times when I think it''s all in my head just because I know what the GIA report says
26.gif
! Nonetheless, I feel very, very lucky to have such a special ring and husband!

my-ashoka

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/18/2007 4:11:03 AM
Author: DiaGem

Date: 12/17/2007 10:44:24 AM
Author: my-ashoka

Date: 12/17/2007 8:38:25 AM
Author: littledebbie
It lovely and looks so elegant on your hand. Is an ashoka similar to a crisscut? Just curious because I don''t think I''ve ever seen an ashoka in person, but I have seen a crisscut.
Thanks so much! I do love it! The Askoka is similliar to a Crisscut and to be honest I''m not sure the exact difference. Our jeweler pulled out almost everystone and showed us the difference between them and the Ashoka. If I''m not mistaken, the corners of the cut are different as well as some of the facets. On the GIA report the ''Shape and Cutting Style'' is listed as a Round-Cornered Rectanguler Brilliant. It is laser inscripted as an Ashoka. Do they sell unbranded round-cornered rectanguler brilliants?
Great Gem..., enjoy...

I just dont understand why GIA is not categorizing it as a ''type'' of CUSHION SHAPE???

I guess GIA cant tell the difference between a cushion and other shapes
29.gif
, which makes me mad!

The Ashoka is based on a famous Historic ''Cushion shaped'' Diamonds (which I believe the Goldberg''s still own).
I''m not sure if the Goldberg''s still own the original one or not but they do have the rights to the stone. They are the only one''s who cut them and there are only 15 jewelers worldwide that carry them. That definitley plays a big role in price. I suppose it''s the same way with any branded stone?!?! I really had to think long and hard about how much I loved this particular cut
30.gif
. For me, in the end, it was worth the extra money!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
That''s a future heirloom! Very pretty and elegant.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I love the Ashoka cuts...I read about them a few years ago...I believe Natasha Richardson has one....They are very cool and rare...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring...and love your pup, looks like a Westie? We have one too...super spoiled little girl.

my-ashoka

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/18/2007 2:37:23 PM
Author: Mara
Beautiful ring...and love your pup, looks like a Westie? We have one too...super spoiled little girl.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!

Yes, she''s a Westie...Ellie. That pic was taken when she was around 12 weeks. She''ll turn 3 the end of this month and SUPER spoiled as well!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is just beautiful!
30.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring, I love it!

Happy anniversary!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results