shape
carat
color
clarity

My new Ashoka

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

my-ashoka

Rough_Rock
Hey! I would like to start out by saying how wonderful this site is! I have spent countless hours up here lately, lurking and loving everyone''s bling!
My sweet husband let Santa come a little early this year for me! Saturday we went and bought my dream ring! I don''t have the diamond knowledge that most of you have so forgive me if some is missing! The center stone is a 1.24 carat Ashoka cut diamond. The color is I and the clarity is VS1. Polish and symmetry are both Good. No Fluorescence. .45 carats in pave diamonds around the band and mounting (F-G color and VS1 clarity). The setting and stone are by William Goldberg and the setting is called Anastasia.
I am absolutely in LOVE with my ring!!!!!!! The first time I saw the ring I fell in love! That was about a year ago and my hubby was sweet enough to endulge me!
I do have one question...what to most do about a wedding band with a diamond of this shape. I''ve been married for 5 years and I feel naked without a wedding band!
Sorry my picture skills are not up to par...trust me, it was a miracle to get these!
Thanks!

IMG_4795.JPG

my-ashoka

Rough_Rock
another pic

IMG_4820.JPG

my-ashoka

Rough_Rock
another shot

IMG_4823.JPG

my-ashoka

Rough_Rock
yet another

IMG_4826.JPG

my-ashoka

Rough_Rock
last one...outside

IMG_4830.JPG

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful cut! The ring is fab. Congrats on the anniversary

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve always wanted to see one of those! Beautiful!!! What a great choice!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW!!
30.gif
Your ring is stunning, congrats and welcome to PS!!!
35.gif

justageek

Shiny_Rock
it''s lovely!!!!

about the wedding band -- I think some of the suggestions by PS-ers in previous posts have been:
1. notched wedding band
2. curved wedding band
3. regular wedding band, with a space between ER and WB
4. wedding band on left hand, ER on right hand

Could we get a side-view to see how far the basket (if it''s a basket setting) extends out? If the basket doesn''t go so far out near your finger, I think option 3 would look wonderful. I like a little space between rings :)

Congrats on a gorgeous ring from your sweet hubby
36.gif

littledebbie

Shiny_Rock
It lovely and looks so elegant on your hand. Is an ashoka similar to a crisscut? Just curious because I don''t think I''ve ever seen an ashoka in person, but I have seen a crisscut.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Not sure about the wedding band just wanted to say your ring is stunning :)

What a thoughtful hubby :)

my-ashoka

Rough_Rock
Here is a side shot of the ring with a couple more to follow!

IMG_4864.JPG

my-ashoka

Rough_Rock
another with a little more detail...

IMG_4865.JPG

my-ashoka

Rough_Rock
another from the top...

IMG_4867.JPG

my-ashoka

Rough_Rock
last one for now...this one from the back view of the ring...

IMG_4868.JPG

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
That''s beautiful! Merry Christmas!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a cool cut!!! Congrats and your doggie is so cute!

my-ashoka

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/17/2007 8:38:25 AM
Author: littledebbie
It lovely and looks so elegant on your hand. Is an ashoka similar to a crisscut? Just curious because I don''t think I''ve ever seen an ashoka in person, but I have seen a crisscut.
Thanks so much! I do love it! The Askoka is similliar to a Crisscut and to be honest I''m not sure the exact difference. Our jeweler pulled out almost everystone and showed us the difference between them and the Ashoka. If I''m not mistaken, the corners of the cut are different as well as some of the facets. On the GIA report the "Shape and Cutting Style" is listed as a Round-Cornered Rectanguler Brilliant. It is laser inscripted as an Ashoka. Do they sell unbranded round-cornered rectanguler brilliants?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks gorgeous and HUGE on your hand - thanks so much for sharing the pics with us!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

my-ashoka

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much! You are all too sweet! I know that no one will really appreciate the ring like other diamond lovers so I had to share it with you all
19.gif
! I feel confident most will think it is an EC and when I tell them it''s an Ashoka they will look at me like I''m crazy
1.gif
!

MarksGirl

Rough_Rock
It''s gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing pics! I love the width of the band! So delicate and it makes the stone look HUGE on your hand!

CONGRATS again!!
36.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
very lovely!
never seen that cut--big fan now!
your pup is adorable
1.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
It looks like a Crisscut with fewer and larger facets. It''s a softer look. Very pretty!!!
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Stunning. Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

justageek

Shiny_Rock
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

That side view of your ring is GORGEOUS! I totally vote for some plain or pave band(s) to go with it (I mean, no notch or curve). I think it will look incredible and frame your beautiful Ashoka!

Thanks for sharing the pics
36.gif

Let us know what you decide to do
18.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring...I am not sure on a band, I would probably wear it all by it''s pretty little self!

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your gorgeous ring! I, too, have never seen an Ashoka cut stone - it''s stunning!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring! I juast learned of that cut a couple months back and mentioned to my BF that I wanted one someday! Lucky Girl!!! Congrats!

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/17/2007 10:44:24 AM
Author: my-ashoka

Date: 12/17/2007 8:38:25 AM
Author: littledebbie
Thanks so much! I do love it! The Askoka is similliar to a Crisscut and to be honest I''m not sure the exact difference. Our jeweler pulled out almost everystone and showed us the difference between them and the Ashoka. If I''m not mistaken, the corners of the cut are different as well as some of the facets. On the GIA report the ''Shape and Cutting Style'' is listed as a Round-Cornered Rectanguler Brilliant. It is laser inscripted as an Ashoka. Do they sell unbranded round-cornered rectanguler brilliants?
Great Gem..., enjoy...

I just dont understand why GIA is not categorizing it as a "type" of CUSHION SHAPE???

I guess GIA cant tell the difference between a cushion and other shapes
29.gif
, which makes me mad!

The Ashoka is based on a famous Historic "Cushion shaped" Diamonds (which I believe the Goldberg''s still own).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results