shape
carat
color
clarity

my new 1.18ct e-ring, PLEASE COMMENT!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shminbabe

Shiny_Rock
I think we on pricescope can get a little over obsessed with details, myself included. How many people will really be examining their diamonds through loupes, macro lenses, idealscope images, HCA cut advisors, etc? Now you''ve got your ring, I really encourage you to embrace it. I think it''s really, really pretty (honestly) and if it''s a bit warmer than the ''colorless'' stones, well, it is what it is. I don''t think that detracts from its beauty a bit. I recently bought and F color emerald cut and go back to the jeweler to see about the setting. I saw a J colored emerald cut and I think it''s just beautiful. I said if I had seen the J, I might have gone for it (it was smaller in size than I wanted). I could see the color difference, the ''warmth'' in the J, but it was well cut and the warmth did not bother me or detract from its beauty a bit. I think we get wrapped up in the idea of what is ''better'' and if our stone doesn''t ''measure up'' to as near perfect as we can afford in all domains, we start to second-guess the stones we either chose, or accepted.

You don''t say anything about how you acquired the e-ring (maybe in another thread?), just that you seem a little bothered by its warmth and want reassurance. Please, love your ring. It''s really and truly pretty and I dare say that very few people off of a forum like this will know or care that your stone is a ''J'' color and maybe a little warmer in appearance than a F or a G. They will just see a lovely, sparkling diamond engagement ring! And I hope you will, too. I personally like a little warmth. I am remembering that ''J'' EC and how much I liked that too.

Embrace your ring! It''s over a carat large and it''s gorgeous.

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 11:56:54 PM
Author: shminbabe
I think we on pricescope can get a little over obsessed with details, myself included. How many people will really be examining their diamonds through loupes, macro lenses, idealscope images, HCA cut advisors, etc? Now you''ve got your ring, I really encourage you to embrace it. I think it''s really, really pretty (honestly) and if it''s a bit warmer than the ''colorless'' stones, well, it is what it is. I don''t think that detracts from its beauty a bit. I recently bought and F color emerald cut and go back to the jeweler to see about the setting. I saw a J colored emerald cut and I think it''s just beautiful. I said if I had seen the J, I might have gone for it (it was smaller in size than I wanted). I could see the color difference, the ''warmth'' in the J, but it was well cut and the warmth did not bother me or detract from its beauty a bit. I think we get wrapped up in the idea of what is ''better'' and if our stone doesn''t ''measure up'' to as near perfect as we can afford in all domains, we start to second-guess the stones we either chose, or accepted.

You don''t say anything about how you acquired the e-ring (maybe in another thread?), just that you seem a little bothered by its warmth and want reassurance. Please, love your ring. It''s really and truly pretty and I dare say that very few people off of a forum like this will know or care that your stone is a ''J'' color and maybe a little warmer in appearance than a F or a G. They will just see a lovely, sparkling diamond engagement ring! And I hope you will, too. I personally like a little warmth. I am remembering that ''J'' EC and how much I liked that too.

Embrace your ring! It''s over a carat large and it''s gorgeous.
Schminbabe, I absolutely love your advice, and agree. Your words were comforting and very wise. I think we should love our e-rings for their own personalities. I sometimes too get caught up in wanting mine to fit into the "Ideal" category, but it is close enough for me, and it''s differences have grown on me.
Rough Rock, I have tried out many different stones, and each one had it''s own ups and downs. Buying a diamond is a series of compromises, Unless you are on an unlimited budget. (I had to make my 4 C''s come together within a set amount) Seems like when one aspect gets better (color, size, clarity), then you take it home and find out something that was perfect on the other stone is not right on the new one. Believe me, it can drive you nuts! I would take a warm color J over a mediocre cut any day, and yours has an Excellent cut. Like I mentioned above, your J will look pretty darn white in different surroundings, and you already have a great size and setting, so I think you''re doing great! And again, more PICS please!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is really pretty and the setting is very unique. If you LOVE it, dont worry about it being warm or not! OTOH, if that bothers you then you might consider swapping the stone now. The only person''s opinion that matters on this is yours...!

Junebug, what lighting did you use for your avatar photo???

SpldRotten

Rough_Rock
I had the same concern with my H color stone, but keep in mind that no one will be examining your stone so closely, they will only be admiring it on the finger, from about a minimum of 10 inches away... The ring is beautiful, and the stone is sparkly!

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful setting!! I love it.

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/4/2007 10:34:21 PM
Author: surfgirl
Your ring is really pretty and the setting is very unique. If you LOVE it, dont worry about it being warm or not! OTOH, if that bothers you then you might consider swapping the stone now. The only person's opinion that matters on this is yours...!

Junebug, what lighting did you use for your avatar photo???
Surfgirl, I was outside about 1pm using the shadow of a "Riding Hood" plant (vine type with pink flowers), sun was behind me. I find my green shadowy background photos give my diamond the best color. Dark green leaved with pink flower plants are my favorite. I also get great photos under my orange trees. No flash, Macro setting. Auto focus.

iamredeemer

Rough_Rock
after 1 week of thinking it out

i''ve decided to exchange it in
i''ll be getting a slightly smaller 1.11 ct, H color stone for about $200 more, GIA graded, very good cut, with similar stats and a 0.6 on the HCA

the color was starting to drive me insane! like Lady Macbeth

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results