shape
carat
color
clarity

my new 1.18ct e-ring, PLEASE COMMENT!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iamredeemer

Rough_Rock

it''s a 1.18ct, J, SI2, ideal cut, GIA cert

it looks a little yellow to me, could just be the lighting
please be honest and let me know what you think

the last 2 pics i took with a camera thru an H&A viewer

redeemer1.jpg

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Photo #4 looks white, the others look too dark to tell color for me. #3 looks really dark. J color stones do have a hint of yellow to me. Does it have fluorescence? What are the polish and Symmetry on this stone? Is it a GIA excellent cut? They don't have "Ideal". The setting looks really neat!

Hey, maybe do a handshot outside (in the shade). I get my best shots with grassy backgrounds, or pinks. I get my worst with beige or brown around me. That might show the color more. I like J color. Do a search on here for people with J color rings. They love them.

iamredeemer

Rough_Rock
i mean GIA excellent
the HCA came out with a 0.7

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, that''s a really beautiful setting! I love the lines of it!!! And that stone looks lovely to me!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Superb and elegant! Fabulous. Please don''t stop on the photo shoot. Give us more!

DKS

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nice ring. But I''ll agree that it does kind of look a little tinted in a couple of those shots. If the tint bothers you, exchange the stone for something whiter. I''ve seen some white Js and even a very white-facing K here on PS butI haven''t ever found one of those myself.

Photo of a hite G on the left and a J on the right. The G is about the same size as your stone and the J is just a tad bigger. I wanted bigger, but I thought this J was just not white enough to make it an acceptable compromise.

(Photo''s not attaching, PS. I''ll be back w/ a link to the posted photo.)

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I purchased J diamonds for earrings. I have an F in my e-ring. Spent many hours comparing the colors in different lighting situations. About 95% of the time, if I thought the J looked yellow, the F looked exactly the same. If you look through the sides, against a white background, in just the right light, then you could see a difference.

I concluded that J diamonds are a terrific deal. And, most of the time when the stone is looking yellow, it''s the lighting.

Enjoy that beautiful ring. J''s are white. Not icy, icy white, but pretty darn white all the same.

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
The stone does have a bit of warmth, but I think it''s beautiful!
36.gif
It doesn''t have that dirty yellow tinge at all. And that setting is
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
looks lovely to me!!! handshots pleeeeeeeeeeeease!

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Didn't mean to sound like I'm knocking your ring, b/c I wasn't. Just thinking technical again, not emotional, LOL.

Or, w/ that low HCA, is it more of a FIC that would have a darker appearance? FIC has fire & maybe lower light return vs. more light return from TIC or BIC cuts.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OK, finally a blazing white G on left and probably an average J on right. My 1ct H can look much browner in incandescent light than either of these stones in this pic, so take a look @ yours in daylight and it may be fine. The G is 1.19ct & 6.9mm or so.

(The mounting is Stuller Solstice 4-prong.)

G_vs_J.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2007 9:16:56 PM
Author: gwendolyn
Oh wow, that''s a really beautiful setting! I love the lines of it!!! And that stone looks lovely to me!
I agree; it is gorgeous and the setting is awesome
30.gif
30.gif
!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring; I like the setting. Your diamond looks really pretty.

Glow

Rough_Rock
J color diamonds can look very white and I think you have a lovely stone there. Don''t worry about it looking yellow in some lighting. It could be coming from the light, the walls, your blouse or whatever.
30.gif
It looks pretty white to me.

Hey, if it makes you feel better I have a GIA certed F and you can see in my thread I have a photo in a bathroom with very yellow lighting and yellow walls to compare. It''s probably picking up yellow from the environment. A diamond does reflect the colors around it. Light is colored!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Your ring looks great! I love the smooth, sleek setting! Nicely done, and I think the stone is a beauty! Congratulations!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does it bother you? Maybe you are more color sensitive than you thought. A well cut J should be very white but there will be a tint in certain lighting/certain angles.

Corseted

Rough_Rock
The diamond is a tad tinted. If it bothers you, trading it in and setting it in a halo can make the diamond look huge too.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I disagree about setting it in a halo-or if you do, make sure your melee isn''t too white. The white nature of the micro pave areas could bring out the color in your stone. That''s a problem I had with my future ring. The halo was so sparkly white and gorgeous that my center H (which when I saw on it''s own was WHITE) looked off.

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring! Wow, what a beautiful setting! I am the proud owner of a J SI2 myself, and I love my stone. It did take me a little while to get over what my head was telling me about it being a J and start letting my eyes decide if I liked it or not. In the end I am thrilled with it. Very rarely do I notice a tinge of color. What is funny is my first "photo shoot" of the ring/stone is what made me the most paranoid! MOST of the pics were showing a lot of warmth that I did NOT see in real life. Take some pics outside in the daylight and you''ll be much happier with the pics I think.
1.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOO............I think the stone is just beautiful!!!! I have an I colored stone and in photos it can look a little warm too

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
I think the stone looks great in your photos. The ring is very beautiful!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Well, since you want my honest opinion...here are a few comments about the ring:

1) It is a very nice, unique setting.

2) The diamond does sparkle very nice!
30.gif
Yum!

3) I can notice a slight tint. Most "Js" are "warmer". If it bugs you now, it will probably always bother you...Keep that in mind.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think your ring and stone is beautiful!!!!!

Linda

StarSpun

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE it! Your setting reminds me a bit of mine
2.gif

I don''t see anything wrong with a warmer colored diamond. I think it looks fabulous.
However, if it''s going to bother you, that''s another story.
But I really don''t see anything wrong with your gorgeous ring and diamond!
30.gif

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m dying to see more photos of your ring. I get my best shots in my garden. Don''t use a flash, and try some flower and handshots in a bright setting. Photo #2 looks like you have brown or darker color walls, that might have been why you thought your stone looked dark. Go to the market and look at your ring, the bright overhead lights will make your Excellent cut take off, and I''ll bet it won''t look yellow there. My diamond has it''s "Good viewing locations" and it''s "Bad viewing locations", I''m sure yours will too, you just have to find which is which for your particular stone. All diamonds are different.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results