shape
carat
color
clarity

My new 1.08ct I VS2 cushion from ERD!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I would have never guessed it was an I! It''s absolutely gorgeous! Congrats again!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a BEAUTIFUL stone you have there!!! You must be one happy lady
2.gif
Pic #112 is my fave--what a great shot of the stone! I just love the facet pattern.
Biggest congrats!!!!!
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Luckystar, it is just too beautiful for words!!!! Bless your FI''s and M. Turnowski''s hearts, they designed the perfect ring with the perfect stone for you...congrats, and wear it in good health!
36.gif
35.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much everyone!!! I am so in love with this ring! I''m sure FI''s family thought I was nuts taking pics of it all over the place. lol!!! (Luckily I had the excuse that I needed to get a clear shot to send my parents in Maine.)

Stone Hunter- Deep down I knew I was a solitaire girl...so I''m glad it worked out this way. This was the least expensive WG setting that ERD has!! But to me it looks like a million bucks. It really makes the stone POP and it is just so dainty. I love it!

Fly Girl- Staring at the pretty reflections on the wall sure did help my fear of flying!!! But I will admit that I though to myself "What if we crash and I can''t show it to anyone?!" lol!

dianne- I love Mark! I wish I could give him a big hug.
4.gif

Thanks again everyone....I am so glad you like it! And your sweet words are so uplifting this early in the morning! I have a few more pics just for fun:

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Finger coverage example. I''m a size 6.

ringvirginiavacation097.jpg

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Princess, Fi''s family owns a lake house on Lake Anna. Beautiful property....they have their own little cove. It''s private, and beautiful! They have a strip of land that outstretches far into the lake. (I foget the technical term for it. lol)

They''ve already offered up the property to have the wedding there, but we haven''t decided. It would save so much money and it is gorgeous, but it''s in the middle of nowhere (for oot guests) and I''m afraid of it raining! I''m so torn.

The lake house: front view...water behind it.

ringvirginiavacation005.jpg

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
This is all of the land BEHIND the house, where tables and chairs would be set up. The lake is behind me and to both sides of me. There is a gazebo behind me too, right on the water.
37.gif

ringvirginiavacation091.jpg

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Last one. These are the weird moth looking bugs that swarm by the hundreds and land all over you when you walk anywhere. They could ruin the wedding. lol.

ringvirginiavacation130.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve been to Lake Anna. It''s really nice. But it truly is in the middle of nowhere!

Thanks for the extra photos of your ring. You''ve gotten really good with the photos. Great looking stone.

So what if the setting was the cheapest they had -- it makes your stone look great!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it really is stunning! Your bf (well now FI) did a great job! Congrats on the engagement and beautiful ring!!!!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
I love your ring! The cushion is yummy, and the setting is one I have looked at and love! I love the taper and it is so simple yet striking IMO. I hope you are enjoying wearing it!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Awww thank you so much you guys!! You are all so sweet.
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowzers, beautiful stone and looks perfect. . . congrats
36.gif

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous ring and beautiful house/area!
(And funny Nicole Richie story!)
I saw your ring photo in the LIW forum, but had to come over here to see the specs!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2007 10:36:11 AM
Author: Stone Hunter
I''ve been to Lake Anna. It''s really nice. But it truly is in the middle of nowhere!

Thanks for the extra photos of your ring. You''ve gotten really good with the photos. Great looking stone.

So what if the setting was the cheapest they had -- it makes your stone look great!
I absolutely agree about getting the least expensive setting. That is the way to go! Best to put every single $ into the best possible diamond.
30.gif
(My mama taught me this when I was very young. In this case, mama was absolutely right!). So don''t apologize about that ever! There is no better way to put the focus on that beautiful stone.

Your FI did a great job.
36.gif

Just perfect!
36.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I didn''t mean it was BAD that I got the least expensive setting....I just thought it was funny that I had been daydreaming about $2000 settings and ended up falling in love with one that cost a couple hundred bucks! lol. It was a definite PLUS! I love the way the stone is the star of the show, and how delicate it is. I think it is perfect and I wouldn''t change a thing!
9.gif

The scary part though....Cushions are supposed to face up smaller than rounds of the same ct weight. Before I discovered PS, FI and I looked at diamonds at Jared. This stone is bigger than their 1cts!!! And so much more sparkly! I''m so glad I discovered this site.
4.gif

lizardofaz

Shiny_Rock
What a gorgeous cushion and simply perfect setting! Would you mind telling me what type of cushion plot your diamond has? i.e. the 4 pavillion or 8 pavillion? I''m guessing 8, but I''m still getting the hang of these crazy cushions!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
I know nothing about cushions, but I do know your ring is beautiful!
30.gif
As for Jared''s, do not get me started
38.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/13/2007 5:50:29 PM
Author: lizardofaz
What a gorgeous cushion and simply perfect setting! Would you mind telling me what type of cushion plot your diamond has? i.e. the 4 pavillion or 8 pavillion? I''m guessing 8, but I''m still getting the hang of these crazy cushions!
Good guess! It''s an 8 pav...
9.gif

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous gorgeous! Ring and house!

lizardofaz

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/13/2007 6:56:03 PM
Author: luckystar112

Date: 8/13/2007 5:50:29 PM
Author: lizardofaz
Good guess! It''s an 8 pav...
9.gif
OK, that''s for sure the kind I want!! Yours is PERFECT!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Aw thank you so much lizardofaz! I really owe it all to Mark Turnowski though...he''s amazing!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cushiony-tastic! Congrats!!!!!! Love the setting too though I never *think* of cushions in solid metal bands -- seeing yours (& TG''s & her mom''s) reminds me how YUM they are!!! Great coverage too! Think a sparkly band will work perfectly ...

AND DARN YOUR NEWLY ENGAGED SELF for not getting the dangly skinny from Ms. Richie.
3.gif
Next time!
27.gif
9.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Deco!! I''m having the hardest time with the wedding band.
15.gif

mara54

Shiny_Rock
Wow, Wow, I just love your cushion, it is so beautiful, and the setting is so pretty! The house is great looking as the site. Where is Lake Anna? I have never heard of it. It looks beautiful. Congratulations on your engagement!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results