shape
carat
color
clarity

My Little Treasure

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I think that your ring is gorgeous - congrats on your engagement!

StarbuttsKoffee

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is absolutely beautiful from the inside(the lovely story of you and your boyfriend) out! those people with negative comments are just simply jealous on both of you! Don''t mind them, they are just naive~!!

designchica

Shiny_Rock
You ring is pretty and very classic looking!

As far as negative comments go, don''t let them get to you. If your boyfriend wasn''t thinking about your future and being a good provider, I''m sure he could have gone deep into debt buying you a big showy ring to shut the naysayers up but he''s a smart guy...what matters most is your future together and not what people think of your ring.

Most importantly, these negative people should know that the size of the diamond has no correlation to the amount of love your man has for you.

sparxs111

Shiny_Rock
After just proposing to my GF now fiance, and having received a couple negative comments I know where you''re coming from. I gave a beautiful ring like yours, and the comments some of our friends made about the ring and not about the ring were tough. We were dating less than some of our friends, and they think it should be them. It basically comes down to a little bit of jealousy on their part wanting to be in YOUR situation. Thats what we tracked it down to anyway. All the negative people talk about now is wanting to get engaged NOW and harrasing their significant other...

ENJOY the moment, the day, the week, the little moments the momentous ones, and love your fiance who gave you that priceless ring with your whole heart. MAKE THEM EVEN MORE JEALOUS by seeing your happiness undiminished!!!!!!!
36.gif

Isolde

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much for your wonderful comments! As promised, here are a couple of more pictures. They aren''t the best quality, as they were taken with a camera phone. We''re simply not going to allow anyone spoil our elation, anymore.

mybeauty2.JPG

Isolde

Rough_Rock
A close-up. :)

mybeauty3.JPG

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Isolde - it''s so beautiful!
1.gif
Congratulatons on your engagement!
36.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
It''s a gorgeous ring, and even better with the lovely sentiment behind it. Please don''t let anyone else get you down and just be happy with what you know is in your heart.

Wear it with pride and know all of us here are very happy for you!

Congratulations!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your lovely ring looks even MORE beautiful in the last 2 pics you posted. PLEASE PLEASE A HANDSHOT

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Love Love Love your ring!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
The new pics really shows how gorgeous it is!!! Yes please you must take some handshots!!!
36.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting more photos!!
It''s beautiful.
Can''t wait for handshots!!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Isolde--Congrats on your engagement and your ring. The last picture shows the lovely stone off very well. When I was married the first time my engagment ring was an emerald ring with a stone about the same size as yours. People made all sorts of comments on my "dinky stone" that "wasn't even a diamond." Didn't bother me a bit. I was thrilled. Enjoy your wonderful ring.

nursekola

Rough_Rock
My fiance was sad and felt bad that he couldn''t get me an engagment ring to begin with. He''s a poor college student right now too. I told him I didn''t care, what I cared about was that he wanted to marry me!!!!! As for ring requirements, all I cared about was that our wedding bands be identical.
1.gif
So we kept an eye out for identical wedding band sets. One day we were at Wal-Mart, saw some beautiful sets there, and bought them. He was soooo embarrassed at the fact that first, we got them at Wal-Mart, and second, that my diamond wasn''t "big." I didn''t care, I went from no E-ring to a very pretty one!!!

I too got those, "Aw, poor girl, look at her little diamond... " looks. I''d give em a dirty look and say, "Well, like my Mom told me, it''s not the size of the diamond that matters, but the size of his heart." Then I''d smile, look at my ring, and walk away. So remember that, it''s the size of his heart, the meaning behind the diamond, and what it entails for your future that makes the ring so valuable. My mother must know what she''s talking about, my parents have been married 28 years!

Months later, we started to research diamonds, because he had saved up money to buy me the diamond he had originally wanted to buy me!! We had talked about upgrading, but I told him I didn''t care, we had YEARS ahead of us to do so. So him telling me to start looking now was a HUGE surpise! Here''s a link to the posting of our rings, be sure to look a the end so you can see the bands too and the prices. Wal Mart Ring with James Allen Diamond.

Congratulations and wear your ring PROUD!!!!

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! I didn''t even get an engagement ring 16 years ago- I think my M-in-law was so embarrassed she gave me her original .25. Alas 3 kids later and 40lbs extra I can''t wear it.
1.gif

I am glad you''ve decided to ignore the stupid comments made to you.

mara54

Shiny_Rock
Wow, your ring is so pretty, I love the pics that you just posted. Wear it with pride, as it was given to you with so much love. Congratulations on your engagement!!
35.gif

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Isolde, I also think your ring is gorgeous...but I could be biased because mine is fairly similar in size and appearance! Like everyone else, I agree that you should ignore anyone who tries to bring you down. I know it's easier to say than do, though -- I sometimes find myself getting defensive when I see people eyeing my ring with this "I-know-that's-not 2-month's-salary" look. One of my best friends has said in the past (long before my FI and I were even dating) that she thinks anything under a carat is a "chip" and anything under a half-carat is a "chiplet," so even though she's said that it's pretty and she likes it, I know she's thinking that she'd die if she had to wear a 1/3 ct ring. But I wouldn't want something too much bigger in any case. She and I are very very different when it comes to things like jewelry, and it's kind of nice to know that neither of us will ever covet the other's ring
2.gif

Good luck dealing with all those people, and like others have said, it's more about the love and respect your FI gave you along with the ring than size, shape, or any of that. If you're happy -- which it sounds like you are -- that's the most important part.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that is such a beautiful ring -- it looks so pretty in the last two pics you posted! That ring is classically beautiful and will stay that way forever. All who replied to this thread have made a good point - negativity is bred mainly from jealousy and just plain stinks.

You are awfully lucky to have someone love you so much and to love him back - all the money in the world can''t buy that. And not that i don''t appreciate all jewelry (because i do!) but plenty of people who get big, huge diamonds still won''t be happy regardless.
28.gif

p.s. it might make you feel better to know i am completely envious of your ring, because i happen to be a single (non bitter) girl who would love to be engaged and obviuosly sooooo happy
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results