shape
carat
color
clarity

My Little Treasure

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
HI Isolde :)

Your ring is just beautiful and how wonderful is it that your now future hubby surprised and can''t wait to spend the rest of his life with you
36.gif

Try not to listen to other peoples negativity as some other posters have said it can be spawned from jealousy. The rock does not matter what matters is the man that gives it to you :):). These people are not worth your time or energy :).

But I do agree with Spark we definitely need more photo''s one is never ever enough :)

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Shame on whomever has made you feel bad! Your ring is positively beautiful! I love the classic setting, and the diamond is just perfect!!! May you wear it in good health!

Congratulations on your engagement...I am very, very happy for you.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

MonkeysInk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It''s absolutely beautiful and classic and I love that he was able to surprise you with something so amazingly unexpected. That, to me, is the best part of your story. Can''t wait for more pictures!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2008 1:04:55 PM
Author: Isolde
Thank you! This is definitely the happiest I''ve ever been, but it''s hard to not get down about things like this. Certain people who abide by the ''if it''s not a carat, it''s not worth it'' mentality have scoffed at it, and said some awfully rude things. When people insult things you treasure, you naturally get a bit defensive and upset
8.gif
. My Fiance takes it even worse, he said he feels bad that he couldn''t have gotten me a bigger ring. Which is silly, since this is perfect and more than I could have ever asked for.
1.gif

Again, thank you all for the kind words, I''ll have to take some lovely pictures of it later.
1.gif

I am always amazed at how shallow some people can be. Obviously, the size of the diamond is of no real importance and bears no relation to the depth of feeling you have for each other, or the level of commitment or any of the actual things that a marriage and engagement are about.

Don''t let them get you down! Congratulations and I think it is wonderful that you are engaged and that your FI didn''t wait until the socially approved size of rock was within reach.

I think your ring is gorgeous, we just need more pics though!

a

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! This is definitely the happiest I''ve ever been, but it''s hard to not get down about things like this. Certain people who abide by the ''if it''s not a carat, it''s not worth it'' mentality have scoffed at it, and said some awfully rude things. When people insult things you treasure, you naturally get a bit defensive and upset
8.gif
. My Fiance takes it even worse, he said he feels bad that he couldn''t have gotten me a bigger ring. Which is silly, since this is perfect and more than I could have ever asked for.
1.gif

Again, thank you all for the kind words, I''ll have to take some lovely pictures of it later.
1.gif

Oh my goodness - that is absolutely horrid! Anyone who would say rude things about your e-ring will suffer the fate of karma!!!
It is beautiful!! Sounds like a giant diamond would be very out of place for the lives you are living right now as students - this ring is a perfect reflection of the two of you at this moment in time! I had a friend who was engaged while in college and had a small diamond as well, her parents offered to chip in to get a bigger stone, and she refused - thinking it would be "weird" if she walked around wearing a ring that was obviously not in their budget. She could easily upgrade now, but says she is too attached to it, and wears a blingy eternity band with it instead.
You should go check out the "under a carat" thread (the title is something like that) there are other fabulous diamonds on there, many sizes! Congrats - wear it proudly!

mijamajasky

Rough_Rock
My husband and I got engaged when I was 19 and he was 20. I had a very classic 6 prong setting and an .23 oval stone...and I wore it so proudly...yes everyone around me had these bigger stones - but what did that prove? Bigger stone bigger love? I think not! To this day I will wear that ring because of the sweetest sentiment it beholds...and that is love..it has been 16 years and I have now gotten different rings, different stones, but nothing will ever replace the anticipation in his eyes when he gaev me that ring...congratualtions and many best wishes....

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
i love the setting, and the stone looks beautiful. my first e-ring was a .25-.3 j/k I1 marquise. i was so excited about it and everyone thought it was just lovely! i think he could have used a piece of twine around my finger and i wouldn''t have cared.

Joolskie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/24/2008 7:41:35 PM
Author: waterlilly

8.gif
1.gif

1.gif

Oh my goodness - that is absolutely horrid! Anyone who would say rude things about your e-ring will suffer the fate of karma!!!

It is beautiful!! Sounds like a giant diamond would be very out of place for the lives you are living right now as students - this ring is a perfect reflection of the two of you at this moment in time! I had a friend who was engaged while in college and had a small diamond as well, her parents offered to chip in to get a bigger stone, and she refused - thinking it would be ''weird'' if she walked around wearing a ring that was obviously not in their budget. She could easily upgrade now, but says she is too attached to it, and wears a blingy eternity band with it instead.

You should go check out the ''under a carat'' thread (the title is something like that) there are other fabulous diamonds on there, many sizes! Congrats - wear it proudly!

I love the under 1ct diamonds thread! Especially because I also love the .51 RB that my DH gave me over 12 years ago... so much so that it is still my e-ring stone.
9.gif

Here is the under 1ct thread:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/under-1ct-diamonds.25028/

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
First off I have to say that your ring is sooo classic... and the diamond looks to be gorgeous! Pay no mind to what others say to you about the size of the diamond... because how I look at it... is a diamond is a diamond... no matter what the size... if it''s white and it sparkles like mad... then it''s a keeper! My first engagment ring was .10ct I''ve been married for almost 7 years and have just now gotten into the .30ish carat weights... so don''t worry about the size it has nothing to do with that... Diamonds are beautiful no matter what the carat... and I think you got a knock out!
1.gif

makandaddie

Rough_Rock
My husband proposed to me with a .24 round diamond flanked by 2 small blue sapphires...I LOVED my ring! When we got to the point where financially things were in a good place, my husband upgraded my ring to a 1.22 C with the most beautiful sapphires on either side. He had my origional stones set into a necklace. Cherish this gem...it will always be the one that means the most to you!

Kaitebug

Rough_Rock
Your ring is lovely and anything set in such a graceful setting is always a classic. Shame on those people who would say otherwise! They are simply jealous! May you have much joy in your engagement and many happy years in marriage!
XOXOXOXO
Kate

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is just beautiful!!!
30.gif
Congratulations on your engagement!!

(And we need more pictures, too!!!)

BlackIsland

Shiny_Rock
I can never really understand the motivation of people who would purposefully go out of their way to rain on someones parade! The ring is beautiful AND he chose to set the stone in platinum AND he chose to surprise you with it - that means he put a lot of thought into it. Everytime you look at that ring you will think of what he went through to get it. Over the next 50 years of anniversaries and birthdays, etc. you may get "bigger" stones from your husband, but I can guarantee that those pieces will never give you the same warm fuzzy feeling of your first ring. Revel in the feeling!

Congratulations! and good luck in school!

3shebabes

Shiny_Rock
Just thought I''d add that I can think of several examples of girls I know who received huge rocks -- followed by very short marriages...so what does the diamond size really mean? My cousin is a good example. Years ago, she was marrying a guy who was inheriting quite a bit of $$ and she was presented with a 3.5 carat boulder at a time when no one I knew had anything close to even half that size. They were married about 18 months. That''s it.

I also knew a girl who was engaged for a year, planned a massive, expensive wedding and pranced around town making sure everyone got a load of her "headlight" on her finger -- and yes, she called it that herself! Long story short -- they never married, as a week or so before the wedding it became common knowledge around town that he had both a fiance and a girlfriend! Not a happy story - but just another example that the old "big rock = big love" way of thinking doesn''t add up.

And just for extra emphasis ..let''s add a celebrity example: what about Jennifer Lopez''s $1 million massive pink diamond e-ring from Ben Affleck a few years back...and then no wedding!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring is beautiful, it is so classic. More importantly, you obviously treasure the ring and the MAN who presented it to you as he proposed marriage. What more could a girl want?

All those naysayers are just showing you the nastiest bits of who they really are when they make unkind comments, what they''re saying tells the world NOTHING about you and EVERYTHING about them. I''d try to muster up a pitying smile and say something like "oh, honey, you completely missed the point." Then I''d shake my head, look ''em straight in the eye, and smile my sweetest smile ever. Then I''d admire my hand a bit, just for emphasis. Kill.them.with.kindness.

Congratulations, sweetie, and wear that beauty with pride.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2008 11:22:22 PM
Author: BlackIsland
I can never really understand the motivation of people who would purposefully go out of their way to rain on someones parade! The ring is beautiful AND he chose to set the stone in platinum AND he chose to surprise you with it - that means he put a lot of thought into it. Everytime you look at that ring you will think of what he went through to get it. Over the next 50 years of anniversaries and birthdays, etc. you may get ''bigger'' stones from your husband, but I can guarantee that those pieces will never give you the same warm fuzzy feeling of your first ring. Revel in the feeling!

Congratulations! and good luck in school!
I agree. Congratulations on your engagement and your lovely ring. What a wonderful surprise. The size of the stone is not what is important, but rather the love behind the gift and the fact that you will get to spend your lives together. It sounds like some of the people you know have their priorities a bit mixed up.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
8.gif
1.gif

1.gif
That''s just jealousy, and spells out to me the type of girl that is far more in love with the concept of engagement just to get the ring, not the man. It''s gorgeous, classic, and picked exclusively for you by the sweetest, most selfless sounding guy who went above and beyond to suprise you! You are SO lucky! Huge congratulations on your engagement!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/25/2008 12:55:02 AM
Author: Haven
Your ring is beautiful, it is so classic. More importantly, you obviously treasure the ring and the MAN who presented it to you as he proposed marriage. What more could a girl want?

All those naysayers are just showing you the nastiest bits of who they really are when they make unkind comments, what they''re saying tells the world NOTHING about you and EVERYTHING about them. I''d try to muster up a pitying smile and say something like ''oh, honey, you completely missed the point.'' Then I''d shake my head, look ''em straight in the eye, and smile my sweetest smile ever. Then I''d admire my hand a bit, just for emphasis. Kill.them.with.kindness.

HA. I LOVED this
9.gif

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2008 1:24:09 AM
Author: Kay
Date: 1/24/2008 11:22:22 PM

Author: BlackIsland
The ring is beautiful AND he chose to set the stone in platinum AND he chose to surprise you with it - that means he put a lot of thought into it.

I AGREE - 100% !!!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
congratulations!! your ring is lovely, and the love between you and your fiance and your joy at becoming engaged is palpable just in the few words you posted here. that warms my heart like nothing else!

i feel sad for the people who have made negative comments on your ring. their priorities in life are mixed up, and i imagine it will be very difficult for them to experience true joy and happiness which, again, makes me very sad. i love Haven''s response to these comments - not only does it ring true but it has the potential to politely wake these folks up and hold a mirror to their lacking character.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2008 12:55:02 AM
Author: Haven

All those naysayers are just showing you the nastiest bits of who they really are when they make unkind comments, what they''re saying tells the world NOTHING about you and EVERYTHING about them. I''d try to muster up a pitying smile and say something like ''oh, honey, you completely missed the point.'' Then I''d shake my head, look ''em straight in the eye, and smile my sweetest smile ever. Then I''d admire my hand a bit, just for emphasis. Kill.them.with.kindness.

I love that response. Your ring is beautiful and special.

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/24/2008 7:49:11 PM
Author: mijamajasky
My husband and I got engaged when I was 19 and he was 20. I had a very classic 6 prong setting and an .23 oval stone...and I wore it so proudly...yes everyone around me had these bigger stones - but what did that prove? Bigger stone bigger love? I think not! To this day I will wear that ring because of the sweetest sentiment it beholds...and that is love..it has been 16 years and I have now gotten different rings, different stones, but nothing will ever replace the anticipation in his eyes when he gaev me that ring...congratualtions and many best wishes....
I just had to say that I loved this story. The way you wrote it was very touching and really describes the meaning of what a ring (any size, shape, color, etc.) should stand for. Time goes on, tastes change, but love should be pure and unconditional.

Isolde

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much for the lovely compliments! It truly made my day. I don''t really know why people have had such a negative response, but it definitely hurts. Instead of just being happy for us, they automatically have to pick at something. Thank you as well for tips on having to deal with these people. I''m sure it goes both ways, really. If a ring is big, it''s ''too big and gaudy'', if it''s smaller, it''s too ''tiny and microscopic'' in their minds; you just can''t win with people who are bent on putting you down. I absolutely love and cherish my ring, and I can''t believe he would have gotten me a ring period, since it absolutely was not a requirement for asking! Also, I can only imagine the lengths he went to, to purchase this, as he has very little money and is a full-time student. He is the most amazing man I have ever known, he has such a beautiful, kind soul. I will never upgrade this ring, as I''m far too sentimental, and I will wear it with pride for the rest of my life. Again, thank you for the support and kind words! I promise to add more pictures!
1.gif

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your engagement!!
36.gif

Don''t let those people get you down! It''s a beautiful ring!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, congrats
36.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is so beautiful! Your posts are so sweet and kind. I can''t imagine that you are getting unkind comments. It''s pretty clear to me that they are from people that are so jealous of how happy you are and it has nothing to do with the size of your stone. You will treasure this ring forever and ever! Congratulations on your engagement!

BlackIsland

Shiny_Rock
Isolde,

You hit the nail on the head when you said

"If a ring is big, it''s ''too big and gaudy'', if it''s smaller, it''s too ''tiny and microscopic'' in their minds; you just can''t win with people who are bent on putting you down."

Imagine if you had shown up with some 1ct plus sized stone. The same people who made hurtful size comments would be making snide comments about how "students should not be showing off", and "who do those two students think they are" and "she must be a gold digger to make a struggling student buy her such a big stone"! I loved your comments about your FI''s kind soul - that really shows how you feel about him.

I really like Haven''s advice - Kill them with kindness! Just the look of happiness on your face when you admire your hand will have them eating their heart out.

BI

wen104

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is beautiful and that is a shame that people have to be like that. Makes me so unsocial. I love your ring and it will still be beautiful for years to come. People forget the sentimental value of an engagement ring. I didn't even have a diamond when I got married. When we were able to afford one I got a beautiful .70, which I picked out with him.
Then a year later this Christmas, I was able to get a 1 ct band to match. Enjoy life with him and don't get caught up in everyone else's opinion cause happiness is from within not from that rock!

Last night I was talking to my sister who confided in me that she had just sold her diamond to help pay for an operation her son is having in May. It just made me think how in the grand scheme of things it really doesn''t matter in life who has the biggest or the best in anything. I think any of us would sell what we have if it meant helping those we love. Wear your ring with pride! It is what you do within your marriage union that really matters.

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2008 12:15:23 PM
Author: married with children
Last night I was talking to my sister who confided in me that she had just sold her diamond to help pay for an operation her son is having in May. It just made me think how in the grand scheme of things it really doesn''t matter in life who has the biggest or the best in anything. I think any of us would sell what we have if it meant helping those we love. Wear your ring with pride! It is what you do within your marriage union that really matters.
M W/ C I just wanted to say I hope things go well for your nephew. As a mom myself I would do it in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results