shape
carat
color
clarity

My Leon Ring needs a BAND !!!! Help Girls !!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Hi Girls !!

My Fiance and I are looking at band options to go with my BEAUTIFUL Leon Ring.....
31.gif

I have left it TOTALLY in his hands to make the final decision.. YEAH RIGHT !!! ...

We are looking at eternity bands and have looked at one of Leon''s although we all know how Mr.Mege feels about THAT ! He will do it, however, would not be pleased... :razz:

When my ring was made, the shank was made thicker than most of his rings... Usually he makes his bands around 1.7 - 1.8 mm and mine is 2.4 mm at the widest part, tapering down to 2.0 mm at the bottom.

My FI and I have gone to local B&M stores to look at eternity bands and have come to this dilemna....

If we go with ONE band, a width of 2.5 - 3.0 mm seems to compliment the ring the best...

If we go with TWO bands, one on each side of the ering, a width of 2mm MAX seems to work... 1.8 mm is ideal...

I like the idea and look od two, as you can just wear the two bands together stacked if you don''t want or can''t wear your ering.. you can wear just one band... one band with ering.... two bands with ering.... one on each side, two together... SUCH VERSITILY !!!!

Not to mention BLING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
31.gif

So, this is where I need help from you girls .....

I am going to attach a picture of my ring and a picture of a band that Leon makes that I love and adore.

Would you put ONE band with a width of say 2.8 mm with the ring... JUST ONE ???!!!!

OR

Would you put TWO thinner bands, with say a width of 1.8 mm to 2.0 mm, either stacked together or one on each side ??????

ONE BAND OR TWO ?????

SUCH A TOUGH CHOICE !!!!!!!

20.gif

Here is the link to my ring...

http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=25&mode=search

And here is the link to the band I looooooooove...

http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=352&mode=search

Thanks so much girls !!!!!!!!!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
My vote would be for 1 band. Just my opinion though. Your ring is SO stunning and that band is scrumptious!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh BECG! Your ring is L-O-V-E-L-Y and one of my faves ... it is *also* three-sided pave and just not practical to be worn next to MORE DIAMONDS. those little critters will scratch the beejebus out of each other.

IMHO you need metal sides to whatever band/s you pair with it. Maybe bead-set diamonds on the FACE of the wedding band/s -- but none on the sides.

Honestly, I think two very thin antique-engraved solid metal bands would look lovely flanking your ring & not compete with it. Make the e-ring take center stage. Then, later for an anny you could get a big blingy chunky eternity band & flank THAT with your thin engraved "original" wedding bands.

36.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I''m still swooning over your ring, I just absolutely love it!

I hate to say it, but I think 3-sided pave e-ring + 3-sided pave wedding band = bad news. The diamonds rubbing against the pave just seems like it would compromise the setting and the stones would start to fall out. I can understand wanting a band, but I''d say you should only wear it on its own and not with the e-ring.

We all know that Leon discourages wearing any bands with his rings, especially the pave ones, but if you are dead set on wearing a band I''d probably say a simple 2 or 3mm platinum band is safest.

anybody who has an eternity wedding band that wasn''t bought as part of a set will tell you that the diamonds do eat into the platinum--I have 6 point diamonds in my band, which are pretty small, and they''ve still dug into my setting by about a millimeter.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also wonder if you might like the band I chose ... it''s narrow, has metal sides so won''t chew up your three-sided pave e-ring ... has angles that would complement your bullet side diamonds ... I dunno, just thought you should see it.
3.gif
Think two of *these* would be too busy, but I do enjoy my *one*.
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Agree with the 3 sided pave issue.

What about a thin platinum band that has etching/engraving on it? Complements the look, but is still safe?

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mom has some VERY thin platinum ring guards she puts between some of her stacking rings. How about one of these between your Ering and the band you want. I think just one band with your stule ring, IMO.

DECO, I loooooooove the band you linked !!!!!!!! I have been looking at bands like that, mainly on Fay Cullen and considered donig a band like that as well... maybe pair one like that against the ering and perhaps throw a eternity in for good measure.. just not against the ering....

NewEnglandLady, I understand your point and appreciate your response.. three sided pave is sooo tricky and there are sooo many risk factors involved... Leon certainly expressed this to both of us and we are taking everything he and others said into consideration.... the LAST thing i want is to damage my ring... I am soo insanely in love with it... seriously, it''s RIDICULOUS !!!!!

When we tried on rings in the stores, eternity bands or otherwise, they don''t sit "flush" to the ering as the centre stone juts out just enough to leave a small gap between the ering and the band so seeing that certainly took some of the "rubbing together" fear away.... there is quite a bit of space between the two when the bands are actually on your finger.... ohhhh, the dilemna !!!!!!

ONE band would look beautiful, whether it be the Leon or otherwise..... and yeah, the Leon band is scrumptous....

The problem his, is work is soooo extraordinary, that most bands look "off" against the ering... it''s hard to find an eternity band similar to his style....

I do really like the one Deco posted.... very pretty....

Thanks for all your input girls.. you are the best !!!!

We did talk to Leon about putting a spacer between the two.... just a plain, thin patinum band... I asked him about putting just a "sprinkle" of diamonds on the top, and judging by the look on his face, I''m gonna say that''s a NO NO !!!!!!!

He was soo patient with me....
20.gif

A spacer with one band would definately work....

Ahhhhhh, more decisions !!!!!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the idea of a matching pave band, but wouldn''t do a 3 sided one. the metal on the plain band will still get dinged up but I''d still do it, if it were me
3.gif
some of the other idea''s here are really good too though.

re: 2 bands..have you tried on 2 bands with your e-ring? I do sometimes like the look but everyone on here that does the 3, butterfly17 comes to mind, says when she wears all 3 bands her e-ring stone looks smaller. plus, it seems like such a shame to have a 3 sided pave e-ring and then cover up BOTH sides with bands. you could have just saved $ and done one sided
1.gif

cara

Ideal_Rock
I just don''t have that much finger real estate to do two bands on either side of a basket set ring - at least it would not be my favorite look!

I would get one blingy band, have Leon make it so the pave matches (as you will not get the same look elsewhere) and I would really really really strongly consider listening to the designer''s concern and getting one-sided pave (or maybe 2-sided if you want diamonds showing on the side and are willing to be a bit anal about it).

If you go MUST three sided, maybe getting a custom plain plat spacer made to go in the middle. But this will add a lot of weight to the look, and Leon''s rings are delicate confections. BLINGY, but delicate and balanced.

If you want more bling, hold out for a super-carat eternity band on an anniversary or some other RHR, or earrings, or a necklace, or multiple bracelets, etc. There are many places to add bling - you don''t have to do it all on your left ring finger.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
BECG, I think a spacer might be a good option for you--I looked into have this done myself and to have a jeweller make me a 1mm platinum spacer was about $100. He told me that the spacer would be so thin that over time it might start to bend, but I could just go back and have it re-made. You might want to look into it. The problem is that there aren''t any 1mm spacers to try on, so you wouldn''t be able to see the whole look first.

A spacer might be the ONLY option to get the look I want..... I am very traditional in the sense I want and have to wear my ering and WB together... my Fi wants this as well... I can''t imagine wearing my band on my right hand...

Is metal rubbing against diamonds not just as bad as diamonds against diamonds.... ????

You would think there would still be some wear of some sort...

*sigh*

Finding a 1mm spacer is pretty much impossible... but they certainly are not expensive, so having one made isn''t a bit issue... and if it protects the ring, it is definately worth looking into to... Leon did state a spacer would help.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Does anybody on PS have a 3-sided pave set they wear together? I''d love to hear from them....

I only know 2 people who have 3-sided pave sets, both are coworkers. One is in 18k white gold and she had two stones fall out after wearing the set together for 2 months. The other is in platinum, but plans to move her e-ring to the right hand after the wedding because the jeweller told her not to wear them together (even though they were sold as a set?)

Platinum against platinum/diamonds is fine, which is why it''s safe to wear a plain band. If you decide to buy a matching wedding band, you might want to ask Leon what size spacer would work best--I assume 1mm is enough, but maybe 1.5mm is safer?

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a suggestion that I think hasn''t been covered yet. I like having a diamond band on each side of my engagement ring.
What if Leon made you the pave'' band that you love but left the side that was going to touch your E-ring, just platinum?
In other words, a two sided pave'' band. The top and the outside of the bands would be all pave''. No one will ever know that the inside is not. Just a little illusion. You could have one made for each side and the illusion would be all pave''. You couldn''t wear them separately, but you could wear the two W-bands together without your E-ring with the platinum sides inside, so both sides and the top would be all pave''. Then you''d have a double wide three sided pave'' to wear alone. It could work out perfectly.

md74

Rough_Rock
Your engagement ring is beautiful, and so is the band you like.

I think gemgirl''s idea might be good, and that might be more like what you want, but I have an alternative suggestion, too.

I wanted to have an ornate/interesting wedding band. But nothing really looked good with my pear solitaire, and it became too busy. We were also married in the Greek Church, and the rings get put on your right hand, although in the States people often switch them to the left. I ended up doing an overall compromise that gave me everything I wanted: engagement ring and plain platinum band on the left, and more ornate wedding ring on the right. If I wanted to I could have done a spacer, but for my rings it was just too busy and detracted from the engagement ring to put an ornate band next to it - too busy. Of course this does knock out the possibility of future rhr
1.gif
, but I really like what I have and that they were all part of the wedding. Just another idea of an option.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a spacer would just ruin the look.

My suggestion is to go to Tiffany''s and try on the 2mm Legacy band with it. It is gorgeous and has the milgrain edge but has plain metal sides (so one sided pave). I would not put another 3 sided pave band with it as diamonds can scratch diamonds. If the sides of the band get scratched, it''s no big deal because you can get it repolished now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results