shape
carat
color
clarity

My last loose gemstone delivery of 2009

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/24/2009 2:06:43 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Thought I''d give you all a quick update. Since I go to work in the dark and come home in the dark, I''m struggling to see the gems in daylight but I turned my office lights off and went and stood by the window at midday! Not a great test but about as good as I''m going to get until the weekend.

The result is that the Sphene looked lime green (exactly like the Vendor''s picture) and is even more gorgeous!!!

The sapphire is definitely a colour changer and looks far more blue in daylight. I also discovered last night that it has intense fluor and f
fluoresces bright red which is, again, the reason for the shift in colour I think. Either way, this is scrumptious and I love it even more because of it''s interest!

As far as settings go, I''ve seen two LOGRs that I''m going to get and will probably upgrade the diamonds so watch this space :)
Good to hear about the stones and their color shifts!! Looking forward to seeing what LOGR''s you''re going to get!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It sounds even better with the flouro and midday light test. LD, I can’t wait to see them set.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very very cool stone purchases. I just love the colors of both. I thought that Sphene had alot more brown or yellow in it. I just didn''t know it came in LIME green. How lovely! Congrats.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thought you might like to see the fluor as I can''t deliver on the daylight photos until the weekend! As you can see the Sapphire has FLUOR (woohoo) but the Sphene doesn''t.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stonehunter - most Sphenes, as you say, have an element of brown, marmalade or yellow. This one is a bright lime green in daylight but does have more yellow and brown tendancies in incandescent lighting. It''s definitely not a lime colour at night.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2009 2:24:34 PM
Pink fire!

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

So LD, will this be set in WG or RG?
31.gif

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love both of those LD! Congrats! Can''t wait to see what you do with them :)

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/24/2009 5:44:23 PM
Author: platinumrock

Date: 11/23/2009 2:24:34 PM
Pink fire!

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

So LD, will this be set in WG or RG?
31.gif
Cheeky monkey!!!
9.gif

White gold all the way (of course)
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results