shape
carat
color
clarity

My last loose gemstone delivery of 2009

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
........... until I see something else that gets me reaching for my credit card!
31.gif

I''ve only seen these in artificial light so need to see these a little more in daylight but ......... there''s no way this Sphene is going back. It''s gorgeous and the fire is just awesome. If anybody has tried to photograph a Sphene they''ll know that it''s virtually impossible to capture the amount of fire this gemstone produces but I''ve done my best.

So, here are the stats for the Sphene:

Colour Description: GIA styG 4/4
Hue: Strongly yellowish green
Tone: Medium light
Saturation: Moderately strong
Clarity Eye clean to Slightly included
Weight: 3.99 carats
Cut: Cushion / Step Cut
Treatment: (N) None
Origin: Madagascar

Here''s the Vendor''s picture. I think that it shows a little more lime green than I''m seeing in incandescent lighting but it may be a good representation of the daylight colour. I''ll have to wait until tomorrow!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So here''s the first of my photos. First, on the hand for perspective:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pink fire!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Green fire

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blue, pink, red, yellow, orange .....

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last one of the Sphene ............. I''m thinking an LOGR Legacyesque setting?????

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fun, fun, fun! I''m so envious of your latest purchases.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the same packet was this:

Gemstone: Natural Sapphire
Colour: GIA Code: bP*5/4
Hue: bluish purple
Tone: Medium
Saturation: Moderately strong
Clarity: Slightly included
Weight: 1.07 carats
Cut: Pear / Portuguese
Enhancement: Heat
Origin: Sri Lanka

The vendor''s photo first

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, this wasn''t quite what I expected. I have a feeling it''s a colour changer because I''m seeing a lovely rich deep purple with no blue BUT in the photographs the blue is coming through. I find this happens with colour changers so I''m going to reserve judgement until tomorrow. In all probability it will stay because it''s very pretty .......

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last photo! I can see both purple and blue in this photo and it looks bi-coloured. It''s not but this gem certainly doesn''t like the camera!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD,
I love the sphene, and it''s a cushion!!! Yum!! What are you going to do with it?

The sapphire is pretty, and although you say it isn''t there, I''m liking the blue coming through in the photos.

Some how I don''t believe the title of your thread
25.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty, I like the sphene photos!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thats sphene is really nice!
30.gif
I find that mine went very lime green after being set, and in indirect light will really glow like no tomorrow.

Very interested in what you think about it in regular daylight! mine tends to be much yellower in direct sunlight.

I''ve tried to capture mine with my new lenses and no luck
38.gif

-A

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!! that sphene has such great dispersion and it looks so lively!
30.gif
well done, beautiful pear too!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I like all the colours it gives off and the cut is amazing.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
I love your stones. What an unusual cut on the cushion.
Oh, and the pear!!! That would be a lovely pendant. I would be loooking in the mirror all day if I wore that.

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
Woweeeee!! Love them both!!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, gorgeous colors!

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Nice stones!

Be careful making a post that declares these your last gems of 2009 . . . I did that earlier, then turned around and promptly proved myself a liar!
3.gif
LOL

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
I did not know how pretty a sphene was until I saw your hand shots! Love it! Show it to us when you get it set, please.
36.gif

Great size too. Excellent fire.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Love the spene''s sparkle. The sapphire is a great shade of purple.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Those are gorgeous LD! I think your pictures of the sphene came out great.
30.gif
That sapphire is very nice too.

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
That sphene is DE-LISH!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2009 2:33:22 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Ok, this wasn''t quite what I expected. I have a feeling it''s a colour changer because I''m seeing a lovely rich deep purple with no blue BUT in the photographs the blue is coming through. I find this happens with colour changers so I''m going to reserve judgement until tomorrow. In all probability it will stay because it''s very pretty .......
Pretty stones. I just wanted to comment on the sapphire colors. I have some purple amethyst, and it photographs bluer for me than it appears in person. I''m thinking it has something to do with the purple color and the camera optics. In any case, looking forward to more pictures of that gorgeous purple sapphire pear, especially in daylight.

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
Such a stunning Sphene! Rich color & lots of fire. *Yum*
30.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Both are beautiful in their own way - one because of amazing fire, the other because of that nice, rich color!

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/23/2009 2:33:22 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds

Wow I love color change sapphire
21.gif

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
that sphene is gorgeous, congratulations!!

care to share which vendor?

2.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The cut on that sphene is GORGEOUS. I love it! Do you have any plans on how to set it?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thought I''d give you all a quick update. Since I go to work in the dark and come home in the dark, I''m struggling to see the gems in daylight but I turned my office lights off and went and stood by the window at midday! Not a great test but about as good as I''m going to get until the weekend.

The result is that the Sphene looked lime green (exactly like the Vendor''s picture) and is even more gorgeous!!!

The sapphire is definitely a colour changer and looks far more blue in daylight. I also discovered last night that it has intense fluor and f
fluoresces bright red which is, again, the reason for the shift in colour I think. Either way, this is scrumptious and I love it even more because of it''s interest!

As far as settings go, I''ve seen two LOGRs that I''m going to get and will probably upgrade the diamonds so watch this space :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results