shape
carat
color
clarity

My JKT Ring *Very Picture Heavy*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks SanDiegoLady, MakingTheGrade, Skippy123, Porridge, Fly Girl, tourmaline_lover I told Julia that we''d talk about another next year.

MTG, it was very much worth the wait. Matter of fact, I''m still wearing it
21.gif

JKT and I had talked about this ring for probably a month...lol there was a lot of back and forth and changing of the pictures. She''s so accomodating that way and she also will update you as to where she is in the process. That type of customer service made the wait not to terrible.

We had talked about going with 22K gold on the head but decided to not in favor of the 18 which was good with me from a cost perspective.

The ring is quite substantial and heavy considering how petite it is. The stone is also quite petite so to keep everything in perspective and to not shrink the leaves, Julia added another piece around the bezel. That said, the head of the ring nearly fits underneath my thumbnail!

The leaves was something I really really wanted for this ring. I wanted it have an organic feel to it, and as dainty as they are, they soley support the head of this ring.

Though I used a lot of fall props (well I AM in New England
28.gif
), I think the ring will also be wearable in the summer as well. I tend to wear lots of orange then for some reason.

The only thing I didn''t anticipate (though I like) was the stone color changing like it did.

-A

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Arcadian- your ring is stunning and you have impeccable taste!!!!!
2.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow-it''s beautiful!!

joy2theworld

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty! The color of the stone really pops in the setting.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very unique ring. I really like the color of the stone. I LOVE the handshots and think that the ring looks best on your hand, although it looks very very nice in some of it''s glamor shots. But really it belongs on your hand. Enjoy!!!
36.gif

dancingflame

Shiny_Rock
Wow- that''s gorgeous!!!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Julia said that finishing yours inspired her to work on mine because some of the design elements are similar. I''m glad it turned out so well!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Sarahbear621, packrat, joy2theworld, Stone Hunter, dancingflame, and jstarfireb!

Sarah, I really have to give Julia a lot of credit. Sure I added some design elements of my own (she does encourage that),but once she saw the stone she brought it all together. The leaves were a must have for me, so she worked around that.

Stone Hunter, this ring loves to be worn so I totally agree with you. A custom ring should fit the wearers personality. I think this one fits me to a T
21.gif

jstar, thats awesome!!!!
36.gif
I remember seeing your ring and thinking how similar it was to mine. Your zircon is going to be absolutely crazy awesome, can''t wait to see it
36.gif

I really don''t want to take the ring off, its so full of good energy its amazing!

-A

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
This ring is so perfect -- the leaves give it personality, and I love that orange fire!
30.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I love the little leaves holding up the stone, it really makes it flow and look "grown" as opposed to made.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful ring. I love the leaves and it looks lovely on your finger. Thanks for sharing!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring looks awesome. The leaves are such a cool touch!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW. I think this just became one of my favorite spess rings ever on PS! Wear it in the best of health!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that''s a beauty! I love the leaves and the color. It looks soooo good on your hand--really beautiful with your skin tone.

freefly

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!
36.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much fierypyropixy, MonkeyPie, AustenNut, Cind11, Gypsy, glitterata, and freefly
36.gif

MonkeyPie, thats a comment that just makes my day! This ring really FEELS alive.
30.gif
Maybe thats why I don't want to take it off!

Firey, just the FYI since you have a kissing cousin stone. They can be quite moody but soooo much fun to wear, and if you haven't already found out by now, it will absolutely GLOW in low light! (but of course, capturing that on camera is nearly impossible..lol) I think you're really going to have fun with it!

Thanks so much to everyone for the lovely compliments to my ring! Julia's daughter called this ring a Faeries Ring and she was right!

-A

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous photos Arc! I love the leave basket and it''s a spess pear, my current favourite shape!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Wow, amazing!

But then, I''m rarely not amazed by bezeled spessartites, it''s just my thing
9.gif

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
It turned out
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
great --- especially love the leaf details!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, fantastic!!!!!!!!!! My spess hunger just grew into a raging fire
1.gif
I hope you enjoy your ring, it''s gorgeous.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Lovinggems, ma re, bling addict, mariedtiger
36.gif

LG, I''ve also got a softspot for pears. I feel like they''re so under rated! That said, all my pears will require custom settings
39.gif

Mr Ma re, I''ve yet to see a spess on here I didn''t really like! I tend to rebel and go with the more firely reds because they do look much better against my skintone. The ones that lean closer to yellow don''t do a thing for my skintone
38.gif
but they can sure be pretty!

blingy and MT this particular spess is really special as it was an anniversary gift from hubby. that and everyones spess stashes here is what started the hunger for spess unfortunately.
26.gif
But I think I''m done (unless I see another I just can''t live without lol).

-A

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
It''s incredible!!! The color is out of this world!!!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Wow that''s amazing. I love the detail in the setting.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
That ring is so pretty; I just love the leaf detail!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
WHOA NELLY!
30.gif
GORGEOUS RING ARCADIAN!!
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, Arcadian! This ring is a showstopper! I absolutely adore the leaf detail! It looks lovely on your hand!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks princessplease, oddoneout, Kismet, brandy_z28 and LaurenThePartier!

Though all I did was go to class today, I''m wearing it
21.gif
It has very quickly become a favorite piece!

-A

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful and the spess just pops off your hand!
30.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Catmom, coming from you thats an absolute compliment! (I have long drooled over your jewelry!!)

SandiegoLady, I already miss working with her!
39.gif
My next project may challenge us both
2.gif

-A

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out spectacular! I love JKT''s artistry! It looks just gorgeous on you!!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results