shape
carat
color
clarity

My Jared Galleria of Jewelry .73ct. Radiant E-ring and set

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous set, both bands are beautiful! I love your new ring, the radiant looks so pretty in that setting! I''m so happy for you!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Wow, they look GREAT together!!!!!!!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your new rings!! I''m glad that you got some bling to wear!
9.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I love the look of all 3!!! You are an amazing daughter!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2009 12:05:51 AM
Author: february2003bride

Aww, thank you all so much! My parents are amazing so it was flat out a no brainer. I won''t lie and it sounds materialistic, but I honestly missed having an engagement ring and wedding band. But I have one now!
31.gif

But- I think Jared''s did screw up mounting the diamond after all. I noticed in one photo that the diamond was off centered when looking at it from the side. I thought it was just the way it was angled on my finger. But after inspecting it much closer, it IS off centered. One side of the diamond is definitely slanted. I''m assuming this can be fixed by them but there isn''t any extra space between the ''wanna be'' bezel and the prongs?

Dreamer- rounds are more sparkly hands down. Because yours is and mine was ideal cuts, the arrows and facets are just amazing. The radiant is definitely more of the ''crushed ice'' look that I''ve read about before. I don''t know if this makes sense but, my old round, the fire and light seemed uniform whereas the radiant seems more scattered?
**UPDATE**

I took my ring to Jared''s this morning to have the prong fixed that I posted about above. Unfortunately, the jeweler said he couldn''t really fix it. So my options were 1) leave it as it is. 2) Get a different setting.

I was going with option 2 until I fell in LOVE a setting that would only accept a round! Jared''s did still have the .76 round that I had seen on Tuesday so I exchanged the radiant for a round! I also traded in my diamond band because the new setting came with a diamond band as well! It''s a prong set halo setting
18.gif
and makes the .76 round look nice and scrumptiously huge!
3.gif
I was sad to see the radiant go but that setting had my name on it!

Dreamer- The reason I had originally chosen the radiant was because of it''s rectangular shape. I knew I was compromising on the brillance, but the shape of the radiant was similar to my original engagement ring- a rectangular princess. My original princess had a chipped corner and that''s how I ended up with my old 1.33 round. I would still have my rectangular princess had the corner not chipped! I will say, when I put the radiant next to the round I exchanged it for today, the brilliance of the round blew away the radiant''s brilliance. It was still gorgeous, but for anyone that NEEDS that fire, rounds are definitely the only way to go.

I should get my new set in an hour or so! I will post pictures (probably in a new thread) this weekend.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful stone and setting! Looks lovely one you.
1.gif

Your parents must be very proud of you. I applaud you for your most altruistic act.
36.gif

*´¨)
¸.• ´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•''Cachette
1.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Feb03--your new rings are fantastic!!! So glad to hear you were able to replace your set, and that you had such a great experience at your Jared''s. I''m really happy for you!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I quite like this set - - really! It is interesting with the milgrain edge on the band and the way it is set. It appears to be a really nice stone. I think it is lovely, and looks wonderful with either or both bands.

VRB1

Rough_Rock
great ring congrats !

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2009 2:52:35 PM

Aww, thank you all so much! My parents are amazing so it was flat out a no brainer. I won''t lie and it sounds materialistic, but I honestly missed having an engagement ring and wedding band. But I have one now!
31.gif

But- I think Jared''s did screw up mounting the diamond after all. I noticed in one photo that the diamond was off centered when looking at it from the side. I thought it was just the way it was angled on my finger. But after inspecting it much closer, it IS off centered. One side of the diamond is definitely slanted. I''m assuming this can be fixed by them but there isn''t any extra space between the ''wanna be'' bezel and the prongs?

Dreamer- rounds are more sparkly hands down. Because yours is and mine was ideal cuts, the arrows and facets are just amazing. The radiant is definitely more of the ''crushed ice'' look that I''ve read about before. I don''t know if this makes sense but, my old round, the fire and light seemed uniform whereas the radiant seems more scattered?
**UPDATE**

I took my ring to Jared''s this morning to have the prong fixed that I posted about above. Unfortunately, the jeweler said he couldn''t really fix it. So my options were 1) leave it as it is. 2) Get a different setting.

I was going with option 2 until I fell in LOVE a setting that would only accept a round! Jared''s did still have the .76 round that I had seen on Tuesday so I exchanged the radiant for a round! I also traded in my diamond band because the new setting came with a diamond band as well! It''s a prong set halo setting
18.gif
3.gif

Dreamer- The reason I had originally chosen the radiant was because of it''s rectangular shape. I knew I was compromising on the brillance, but the shape of the radiant was similar to my original engagement ring- a rectangular princess. My original princess had a chipped corner and that''s how I ended up with my old 1.33 round. I would still have my rectangular princess had the corner not chipped! I will say, when I put the radiant next to the round I exchanged it for today, the brilliance of the round blew away the radiant''s brilliance. It was still gorgeous, but for anyone that NEEDS that fire, rounds are definitely the only way to go.

I should get my new set in an hour or so! I will post pictures (probably in a new thread) this weekend.
I can''t wait to see it! I think this takes the cake as the fastest
Date: 11/27/2009 2:52:35 PM

31.gif

**UPDATE**

18.gif
3.gif

I can''t wait to see it! I think this takes the cake as the fastes tPS upgrade ever! LOL!

April20

Ideal_Rock
It's really, really lovely. I've never been much for milgrain, but I must say the look of your plain band is changing my mind. I love it nearly as much as I love your e-ring! Congrats on your new ring- what a wonderful return for a selfless act.

ETA: I replied before i read the thread and just realized you traded in the radiant. Looking forward to pics of your new, new set!

loveloveloveit

Brilliant_Rock
I also cant'' wait to see your new new set, but I really did love that unique radiant setting, however I''m sure the next one will be even better again!

purpleshirt

Shiny_Rock
that was a beautiful set and wedding band! I can''t wait to see your new halo''d rb!!

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for sharing this lovely story. I can''t wait to see the new set!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results