shape
carat
color
clarity

My introduction...please add me to the list!

serinatran

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking on these boards for awhile now and I am finally making my first post. I am so happy to find this board and see that I am not crazy since I see that there are many girls that feel the exact way I do! First off my bf and I have been dating for over 4 years now. We finally moved in 7 months ago and have talked about getting married. We both agreed that living together for a year would be enough time for him to know if he wanted to marry me and propose. So I have been waiting and it has been hard trying to be patient. We finally went ring shopping and I was so excited. I never thought I would be one of those girls that cared so much about a ring. But since I am not that into jewelry and don't wear anything, I feel like I am even more picky about the one piece of jewelry that I will wear all the time. He wants it to be a surprise and he wants to pick it out for me. On the one hand I know I will like whatever he gives me but I know I can be really picky too and I just want to be sure that I love the ring. I really love him with all of my heart Audi know he loves me too. I have to try really hard not to keep constantly talking about the ring and getting married. It's just that I am 32 and I really want to have a baby before turning 35. I worry about the higher risk of downs syndrome and genetic abnormalities that come with becoming pregnant at an older age. I have always been a planner and it doesn't help that a lot of friends have been getting married and having babies.

I guess 5 more months is not too long to wait but having waited for so long already, I just wish he would just propose already. When you know you want to spend the rest of your life with someone, don't you want the rest of your life to start right away? It makes me feel insecure to think that maybe he really doesn't want to marry me and that's why he is putting it off. It really does help to know there are other ladies in waiting out there and that iamnot alone in how I feel. Hopefully being able to vent about my feelings here will make me not talk about it all the time with him. I don't want him to feel pressured. I want him to propose because he wants to. Sorry about the long post but it feels good to write about my feelings. Please add me to the LIW list and here's to hoping I won't be on the list for long.

MisakiChan

Rough_Rock
Welcome! May your stay be short & sweet! :wavey:

MrsDrP

Shiny_Rock
Welcome! This forum was a great help to me during my time of "waiting." My time on the list was short (about 5 months), as I hope yours will be too!

I think that your reasons for wanting to get married soon are fair and very logical. Even in your 30s your fertility decreases, your risks of having children with genetic and chromosomal abnormalities increased, and the chances of going into pre-term labor increase as well. I'm not saying that women shouldn't have babies in their 30s and I'm not saying that women in their 30s don't have healthy babies, but it is something to consider. Have you told your boyfriend these things? If not, I think that you should, especially if having a child is something very important to you. It is difficult for men to understand our feelings towards motherhood because it is a completely different ballgame for them. Their biological make up is different and so technically there is no "biological clock" for them.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to plan important events like that. But it's very important that he is on the same page as you are!

RebeccaMUA

Shiny_Rock
Welcome! I hope your stay is also short and that we can help you in your "waiting" :)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
welcome! I hope you stay is short and sweet.

serinatran

Rough_Rock
Yay you can take me off the list now. He proposed in June but I haven't had a chance to write about it yet. Will post a ring pic soon! For all of those other ladies on the list...hang in there...it will happen!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! I can't wait to hear about your story!

gatorblue

Rough_Rock
Congratulations!! :bigsmile: Can't wait to hear the details!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results