shape
carat
color
clarity

My future e-ring! help/comments

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Hi again all! I know its not traditional but I already know this is the exact setting I want and my bf knows it too. It relieved a lot of my stress to know this is what he is going to get. I''ve looked at a million styles and it has all the qualities I want. I like the squared bottom and the pave sides but...... there''s always a but... I am not sure if it will look better with a round or cushion diamond and the ring is going to be ordered offline so I don''t know how it''ll feel either. Any tips from people who have similiar styles? or have tried on some. I want a cushion cut really and I think it''ll look good from what I''ve seen on here. I''m also nervous now about the pave bc I read so many posts about people fearing the stones falling out. I just love it though.. its so goreous to me aesthetically! Let me know what you think please
9.gif

DIANA_N147E.jpg

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
And this is the band which matches it that I want and I am hoping having both as pave wont diminish the ring?? anyone know.. they''re from the designer Diana off of since 1910 website (am I allowed to say that here?)

Ring specs are .50c g-h vs stones in marquise shape and the band as well... the diamond we are getting seperate somewhere

DIANA_N147D.jpg

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Those are both beautiful rings!

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
that''s a lovely ring.

yes, there is a risk of pave stones falling out, no matter who does the setting.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/14/2010 3:27:43 PM
Author: luckynumber
that's a lovely ring.

yes, there is a risk of pave stones falling out, no matter who does the setting.
Talk to people and see what kind of policy they have to deal with that. Will they replace a lost stone & set it (at their expense)?

Where we got mine (the one I chose doesn't have pave, but another we looked at did), they have an insurance thing that cost $100 or so and covers lost/damaged stones. (won't cover lost ring, but if a stone falls out and is lost they cover it)

ETA: WOW -- beautiful rings.

Those are beautiful rings! But yeah, pave settings are really delicate. I used to work in the jewelry department for a luxury brand and I would always get complaints on our pave pieces.

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
The tacori we''re ordering has lots of paved stones. Tacori will replace loose stones (lifetime). We only have to pay for shipping, which is $25 CDN(insurance included). You should check with your store.

A

Anonymous

Minus the pave setting, that''s almost identical to mine. We chose a tapered cathedral setting with the Euroshank (flat bottom) and I love it. It''s thin, so it''s very comfortable and makes the solitaire really stand out.
9.gif

I''m not sure about the pave setting (am I spelling that right?) but I''d agree that they probably have some kind of warranty. We chose our stone from Bluenile, but got the setting in a local store so I can have it checked, replated (it''s white gold vs platinum), etc. for free whenever I feel like I need the reassurance that the setting is holding up. I''d suggest the same (brick and mortar store with a good warranty policy) if you go with the pave and just enjoy it knowing you have that peace of mind. It''s stunning!
31.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I think the setting and wedding ring are amazing. I''m a round fan but whatever is your favourite shap you should go with.

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Toopatient-- I will definately have to look into the sites policy or have my bf call and ask since now I realize how delicate they really are. I guess I never thought about it and it would be great if they replaced them with a warranty since the setting is kinda up there in our budget!

beezy-- the site also sells tacori so maybe they will have the same kind of policy (i hope)

Tammy-- Your ring looks beautiful from what I can see and as far as the style goesI couldn''t image having a ring that isn''t pave I just love it! so that''s what counts right

Thanks for all the positive feedback!

SAPHIRINA

Rough_Rock
Both rings are gorgeous! I prefer RB, but that''s just a personal preference. I think both round and cushion will look great with that setting, though.

I agree with what others have said about pave. It is very delicate and there is a very good chance that eventually a stone will fall out, no matter how well-made the ring is. I have a few pave rings awaiting repairs, and I am very careful with my jewelry.

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
I heard somewhere here that pave stones in plat are easier to fall out than 18WG because plat is softer. I don''t know if it''s true. Maybe you can search around here?

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
those rings are gorgeous - I think they would look great with either a RB or a cushion - if you love cushions, then you have your answer:)

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty setting. Is the pave on the sides of each the wedding band and the engagment ring shank or just on the top? If the pave stone are on the sides you may have issues with the pave falling out or damaging the rings where the two rings will rub together.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/15/2010 12:04:08 AM
Author: 4ever
Very pretty setting. Is the pave on the sides of each the wedding band and the engagment ring shank or just on the top? If the pave stone are on the sides you may have issues with the pave falling out or damaging the rings where the two rings will rub together.
I was also thinking about that...
But they are both gorgeous rings!!!

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Beezy-- I tried to look around for that info and there''s mixed reviews about the setting. It depends on the craftsman wg is easier to work with whereas platinum is less malleable... that really doesn''t tell you which holds the stones better (if either). DiamondSeeker7 put u a good thresd on pave that got some answers. Also theres an article on http://www.artofplatinum.com/articles/micropave.php but right now "under construction" so booo lol Here on PS the vote is more towards platinum so I''m gonna stick with platinum bc its more scratch resistant and hope that the craftsman is darn good

4ever n kribbie-- hmm I wish i had a different view of the ring but it does look as if there are some on the inside but set back more... the ring and band are made to go together so i figure they wouldn''t make it like that if it was going to cause problems but who knows!

I''ve decided that I am not going to look anymore into it because then I''m gonna become a nervous nelly when I can just simple say so what?! if i have to replace a stone i will or i can just not wear it a often

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/15/2010 8:39:47 AM
Author: dawnabee

I''ve decided that I am not going to look anymore into it because then I''m gonna become a nervous nelly when I can just simple say so what?! if i have to replace a stone i will or i can just not wear it a often
I totally agree. We''re getting Tacori 2561. SO MANY pave stones and I love it.. lol If I stone fall out, I''ll just pay the $25CDN and have it replace. I won''t be wearing it 24/7. I''ll just wear it when I go out. I''ll put it back in the box when I''m home, taking a shower, or washing dishes.
Btw, I love your ring sets. They''re so detailed and I love how it is square at the bottom to help the ring stay in place! I think it''ll look good with a round or cushion cut. If you want to be unique, cushion H&A would be SOOOOOOOOO nice.
30.gif

Have you found out if they warranty the pave stones yet?

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
I''m still waiting on a reply through e-mail... I felt silly calling but if I don''t get an answer soon I''ll tell my BF to do it.

H&A would be sooooo super nice and perfect for me but searching for that with the right size ct and price range is hard so I don''t want to limit it too much! We will seee... love your setting as well! I would have chose Tacori but I know my good friend has her heart set on one so I didnt wanna be a copycat haha

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
What ct are you looking at? We bought a 1.007 AGS triple 0 H&A round diamond. I think it''s just perfect for my 4.25 finger. Since the Tacori ring sets pretty high, it makes the diamond looks even bigger. It was worth getting the H&A... so sparkly.
30.gif

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Beezy- I love the H&A cushion and the sparkle but I''m not sure I could see myself with it and I couldn''t sell my BF on it haha..congrats on your ring I cant wait to see the finished product!

I still want a chunky brilliant cushion though definately!! So we are looking for anything in the 1.5-2cts range my hands are tiny size 4 so I hope it doesn''t overpower but the setting shows a 1.5 and I think it looks just right for me yyayyy

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
UPDATE: We are definately getting this setting and theres a lifetime warranty on it so no more worries!!! I hope to have it within the next 4wks since it''ll take 2-3wks for the jewler to get it in and we are going to order in the next day or week!!

SUPER EXCITING
face4.gif
Can''t wait to share pics

will have to wait for another 5 months probably though for my BF to get the diamond and propose

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/20/2010 2:22:50 PM
UPDATE: We are definately getting this setting and theres a lifetime warranty on it so no more worries!!! I hope to have it within the next 4wks since it''ll take 2-3wks for the jewler to get it in and we are going to order in the next day or week!!

SUPER EXCITING
face4.gif

will have to wait for another 5 months probably though for my BF to get the diamond and propose
Congrats dawn! The setting is so nice. YEAH for lifetime warranty. :)

My FF might not propose ''til a few months later. We''re waiting for our ring and then have to have it set. It will be a month before it''s ready. We''ll both wait together for our bfs to propose.
36.gif

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/20/2010 2:32:35 PM
Author: beezygal

Date: 4/20/2010 2:22:50 PM

SUPER EXCITING
face4.gif

Congrats dawn! The setting is so nice. YEAH for lifetime warranty. :)

My FF might not propose ''til a few months later. We''re waiting for our ring and then have to have it set. It will be a month before it''s ready. We''ll both wait together for our bfs to propose.
36.gif
emotion-19.gif
Then we can throw a party on PS!! lol

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
***********BUMP***********
32.gif
32.gif
sorry I am bugging(overanalyzing) and bumping my own post but I just recently had a momentary lapse in judgement

Do you think this setting will be too gaudy for a size 4 finger thats 2 1/4" long so theres only like an inch between my knuckle...

I never thought of it and I won''t be able to try it on either since its being ordered offline! utohh I cant find any more specs on it for the band width

LAG2010

Shiny_Rock
beautiful ring!!! my ring is also in a platinum pave setting, and i have had it for over a year. i wear it almost all the time, and am not the most careful person with my hands. I did lose one pave, but there''s a lifetime guarentee on the setting, so the jeweler replaced it for free. and he cleaned it too - extra bonus!

in reponse to your question about the ring being gaudy, i definitely don''t think it will be. if anything, i think pave settings make a ring look more delicate.

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
I love PAVE!!! thanks for the response... I tried some settings on with equal thickness/pave etc and it looked good still! gotta love small hands they make a small diamond pop lol

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
I think your ring looks very beautiful and delicate..
30.gif
I know the feeling of obsessing when you haven''t seen the real thing in person.. IT SUCKS! That being said.. I''m sure you''re going to love the ring and all of the beautiful pave work that comes with it. Only a couple more weeks...
2.gif

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Pave Princess did I ever mention how much I adore your ring??!!!! Well I do lol

And I wish it was a couple more weeks but sadly I over-excited it and we couldnt purchase the setting according to the place until we had the diamond dimensions (both of us newbs didnt know that was required). Thats a problem bc BF is waiting a little while more to buy the diamond eeek.
23.gif
So I have to wait and see the final product whenever he proposes!!!

True LIW style

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/27/2010 10:04:15 AM
Pave Princess did I ever mention how much I adore your ring??!!!! Well I do lol

And I wish it was a couple more weeks but sadly I over-excited it and we couldnt purchase the setting according to the place until we had the diamond dimensions (both of us newbs didnt know that was required). Thats a problem bc BF is waiting a little while more to buy the diamond eeek.
23.gif
So I have to wait and see the final product whenever he proposes!!!

True LIW style

Thank you! My bf said this is the only engagement ring I''ll ever get so I better love it!
1.gif

I totally understand not realizing the whole need for dimensions. My bf still asks me why this whole ring buying thing has to be so complicated..
3.gif
I mean, it does make sense to wait until you have the center stone, but it still sucks when you''re so excited to see the ring!
2.gif

I too may now have to wait longer than expected (I still haven''t seen my ring in person). My boyfriend had planned on asking my parents for their blessing this week, but due to a death in the family he thinks it''ll be more appropriate to wait. I totally agree with him.
15.gif
I guess we''ll just have to wait and be surprised!

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I forgot to say..

Since you''re going to have to wait to order the ring, did you ask the store if they could order a sample from the manufacturer for you to see? I know when we were looking at different designers, our jeweler was able to order the samples for whatever pieces they didn''t have on the floor. It was not only really fun, but I think it was almost necessary to see the ring I had been longing for. Haha! I''m a loser. Anyways, you should ask just so you can get a better picture of what will be on your finger!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results