shape
carat
color
clarity

My favorite stones in the sunlight

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Well I finally have a backyard. So I thought I would take some outside pics. I got a lot of stones this year, and have learned that I really like the more vivid colors. So I got all those stones together for some outdoor pics.

I will start with my sapphire

LTFsapphiresun.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I would love to get some pics of my sapphire on an overcast day, that is really the best. But for now this will do.

LTFsapphiresun2.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Hand shot of the sapphire.

LTFsapphirehand.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Next the tsavorites. My new one was so frustrating. I had this great view of it bright and vivid, but when I took a picture, it would look pastel. The camera seemed to get light bouncing off of it that I did not see. Here is what I am talking about.

LTFtsavlite2.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Here is a more accurate picture, although it did not capture the sparkle and brightness I saw

LTFtsavreal.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I also took some pics of my ACA studs I got from Whiteflash a couple years ago. They are about 1/3 ct each, one is a G, one an F both SI1s. Here is my first shot that captures some of the arrows.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Oops, here is the pic

LTFACAsolo.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
The spinel and the spess, they share a box right now, so they often get photographed together

spinelspesssun.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s just not fair how easy it is to photography diamonds. Your stones look great. Maybe playing around with the positioning of the stone and camera might help?

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I finally figured out, that if I flip the spess, I can photograph the color of the stone in natural light and it is pretty accurate. Probably because their is less light reflection to distort the color. I originally took this photo for Sally because I was thinking of putting it in a lush lotus ring, but I decided to wait.

spessupsidedownLTF.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Chrono - I think it will be easier when I have a table. I did this sitting on the ground. But it will be a couple months before I can afford outside furniture.

Here is a fun one of the spinel on the jewelry box

LTFbspinelwood.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t initially plan to photograph my tourmaline, but it really has a cool blue/green tone in sunlight.

LTFblugrtoursun.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine are all done on a table, so I understand your difficulty. I have not mustered enough courage to try any flower shots for fear of dropping the stone and being unable to find it in the mulch!
23.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Here is a picture of all my favs. The green stone in the ring is my other tsavorite. All the others are in the pics above.

LTFfavsgrp1.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2009 11:57:38 AM
Author: Chrono
Mine are all done on a table, so I understand your difficulty. I have not mustered enough courage to try any flower shots for fear of dropping the stone and being unable to find it in the mulch!
23.gif

I have no flowers, I kill plants
7.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I LOVE IT!!!

So pretty. Your tourmaline is just yummy!!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2009 12:09:39 PM
Author: mochi
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I LOVE IT!!!

So pretty. Your tourmaline is just yummy!!!

Thank you - if I end up doing the LOGR halo, I will call it my "Mochi ring"

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Very nice! Spinel and the tsavorite are my favs.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Mr. Ma re and D&T

I will try to get some more this weekend at my BF''s house.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Very pretty! I like the tourmaline!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful collection, LTL! I really love the sapphire in that setting and for loose stones, your spess and spinel are gorgeous!

I kind of like them together, actually.
3.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stones. I really like the tourmaline.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
LTP - thanks, I don''t know if you know, but I had a recent disaster with that setting (the jeweler was wonderful, the benchman had his own ideas). It is pretty much back to normal, but it will never be the same again. The jeweler (who really knows his stones) actually changed it to an E-W orientation when it was re-set. The stone looks so much better that way. Some of the flaws I used to see don''t even show up. It is amazing how much better a gem can look when someone who knows gems are working with it.

Topicgal10 - thank you - hopefully I will set the tourmaline next year after I deal with the expenses from moving. For now, my collecting and setting is on hold (except for a couple x-mas gifts I am having made).

serenitydiamonds - thank you. The sapphire is my fav and I wear it almost every day. I have a pretty "hands on job" so I like having a stone that can handle that.

oddoneout - thank you

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Mmm...love the ACAs and the tourmaline especially!

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
WOW!!! Nice parade of beautiful gems! I sooo love the sapphire
30.gif

freefly

Shiny_Rock
All your stones are gorgeous!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
What lovely stones!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results