shape
carat
color
clarity

My Etoile-esque wedding band!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its beautiful!!! I actually emailed WF a couple of weeks ago for a quote to have this exact ring made but I never heard back. They must be too busy for little old me
1.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your new band is just sheer perfection with your beautiful solitaire Ebree!!!

Edited to add: Maisie you might try calling Whiteflash. That worked better for me than emailing them. That ring is worth pursuing!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2007 5:43:14 PM
Author: Sundial
Your new band is just sheer perfection with your beautiful solitaire Ebree!!!

Edited to add: Maisie you might try calling Whiteflash. That worked better for me than emailing them. That ring is worth pursuing!
Lol nah! I am too cheap to phone them all the way from England! I will try emailing again next week
9.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Your rings look beautiful together!!

Camilla

Rough_Rock
Wow, your rings look amazing, the band looks *gorgeous* with the e-ring. I tried to find pictures of your e-ring (i.e. profile shots and stuff) but on your original e-ring post you can''t see e-ring shots. Could you possibly post them again?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful, I think it looks perfect with your e-ring! Congrats!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Diamond*Dana, nala2000, NYCsparkle, Sophie, kgwen, elaineh, Maisie, Sundial, swingirl, Camilla and monarch,

A million thank yous! When I''m finally able to wear it, I''ll try to grab some better pics.

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Ebree, it looks fantastic! I remember when you mentioned that you were getting an ''etoile'' style ring made and personally, I think it looks even better with your e-ring than the Tiffanys version would. It''s dainty yet modern. Well done!

Kats

Rough_Rock
It''s lovely, it looks great with your ering! I love the Etoile rings and have an Etoile wedding band myself (which I can''t wear yet either!).

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I love it.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Beeeeeeeeeeeee-oooooooooooo-tiful!
I love them together and you seem thrilled! Congrats
36.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE that band - I almost got that style myself! It''s such a modern, yet playful look!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
LOVE the band as well!
What a neat idea to just buy a platinum band and have someone put the diamonds in.
I've been thinking of a simialiar ring for a wedding band, and found one on e-weddingbands.com for $419 (14kt WG) but I'm too nervous because I can't find anything on here regarding the quality of their stones.
32.gif

Anyway, great job! Did you pick out the melee yourself or did you jeweler do it?
Edit: Oops, just read that your jeweler picked them out!

E B

Ideal_Rock
wolftress, Kats, Gothgrrl, mela lu, vespergirl and luckystar112,

Thank you all so much. Your opinions really do mean a lot to me!
1.gif

tumbelina

Rough_Rock
Lovely ring!

Great to see a pic of it wiht your e-ring too. I am looking for something similar for my wedding ring. I''ve wanted a thin band with burnish set stones ever since I was a teenager and saw my friend''s grandma''s wedding ring. I thought the diamonds looked like little points of light or stars embedded in the ring and winking out.
I''ve been a little worried at how it will look with a plain band solitaire ering though and your pics have set my mind a little at rest.
As my e-ring band is only 2mm wide, I really only want a 2mm wide wedding band and I haven''t been able to find any out ther in premade rings to try on to see.

How ''high'' did your plain band have to be to get the stones burnished in?

I think I want really tiny diamonds in the 1mm diameter range. I wonder if this is possible...

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Oh Ebree!!!!

Something about that first picture just grabbed me by the throat. I''ve been back twice to look at it! They look perfect together! Beautiful choice!

graceelou

Rough_Rock
Looks beautiful! May I be so nosy as to ask how much it cost? I have a 3mm plat band and would love to do this to it. THanks!
1.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much Tumbelina, allycat and graceelou!

Tumbelina- I believe my jeweler said a band needs to be at least 1.5mm thick to have stones burnished in, lessening the risk of the band eventually 'pushing' the stones out. My wedding band is 1.7-1.8mm thick, which is still VERY low. My e-ring setting is also very low and the wedding band hits it perfectly.

As for setting 1 pointers, it's absolutely possible. See the small one in the first picture? It's half of a point. The bigger stones range from 1.3 to 1.5 points.

graceelou- I don't remember exactly how much it cost, but I believe the 'work' (including the melee) was around $300. With the cost of the platinum band, the approx. cost of the entire ring was around $700.

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
EBree, what an amazing looking set!!!!
36.gif

graceelou

Rough_Rock
THanks Ebree. That''s a great price on a beautiful ring!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
They look great together, what a fun band!!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it looks perfect with your e-ring. And the plus is you can wear the band alone (on days when the e-ring is too much or not practical) and the band will hold its own with sparkle and size.

Great choice!!!!!

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
EBree...that ring is PERFECT! They look so great together!
36.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
fabcrab, graceelou, kcoursolle and IrishAngel,

You all are so sweet- thank you!
9.gif

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
EBree, I completely adore your w-band...It's looks perfect with your ring! And I like your version better than Tiffany's. ;-)

E B

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, blinger! Any news on your soon-to-be e-ring?
10.gif

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/29/2007 7:38:34 PM
Author: EBree
Thank you, blinger! Any news on your soon-to-be e-ring?
10.gif
No...
7.gif
I think I am going to be a lurker for a while longer yet...I still love looking at everyone else''s beautiful rings! My BF has now dropped our budget down on the ring (
39.gif
) since he just bought a bigger house. Mind you, I can''t live in my ring so I guess the house is kinda more important.
9.gif
So it''ll be awhile before we buy the ring but we do talk about it lots and he understands that my addiction to PS helps to tide me over! So keep posting pics, EBree!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results