shape
carat
color
clarity

My e-ring: Blue Nile and My Jeweller

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Corseted

Rough_Rock
The last one
25.gif

ring 2051.jpg

immi

Rough_Rock
oh my - stunning!!

anyone seen rings like this (2 curved bands) for wedding bands? Wonder how that would look with a 6prong solitaire?

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Very very beautiful! Great setting choice. I am impressed you were able to decide so quickly. I can never decide!

Your hands are also so nice; lucky you!!
1.gif

Love the stone and the setting.

Corseted

Rough_Rock
I decided quite quickly because I only had 3 settings in mind. A pave halo, a Tiffany 6-prong or this Tacori. This was before PS of course....

I''ve liked this design ever since I started seeing it in fashion mags a while back. I liked the symbolism of it, 2 bands curving to meet and become one. I asked my fiance and friends and they all approved, except for one detractor who liked the classic six-prong Tiffany look. So I went ahead.

My jeweller had to cast the ring twice because he wanted it to be hardy enough but still look delicate. I was so happy with the final result, we approved the final setting at noon and he set the diamond hours late so I could wear it to a wedding dinner. That night, it sparkled like crazy under the ballroom spotlights and everyone at my table noticed. I was so happy, it was embarassing.
5.gif

ZoeFL

Rough_Rock
That''s a lovely ring you got there!
1.gif

I am from Singapore too! Ring like yours would be rare
2.gif

I wish I have hands like yours! You must be pretty young!
9.gif

Corseted

Rough_Rock
2.gif

9.gif

I made a conscious effort to have a ring that looked different. Most of my friends have a simple 4-prong setting. My jeweller quoted me S$400 for that so for a few hundred dollars more, I have a ring that's one-of-a-kind.
2.gif

Not everyone likes it though. My father feels that diamonds should not have any superfluous stones next to them.

I'm actually 27 and my child-sized hands are the joke of the family. My 10 year old nephew has bigger hands!
4.gif

Thanks for posting, Zoe!

Redd

Rough_Rock
Oh my gosh!!! I think this ring is GORGEOUS and then some!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Corseted: Congratulations! That is a beautiful ring and it is a stunning setting!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

ZoeFL

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/4/2007 10:37:50 AM
Author: Corseted

2.gif

9.gif

I made a conscious effort to have a ring that looked different. Most of my friends have a simple 4-prong setting. My jeweller quoted me S$400 for that so for a few hundred dollars more, I have a ring that''s one-of-a-kind.
2.gif

Not everyone likes it though. My father feels that diamonds should not have any superfluous stones next to them.

I''m actually 27 and my child-sized hands are the joke of the family. My 10 year old nephew has bigger hands!
4.gif

Thanks for posting, Zoe!
I think it''s worth the money
2.gif
Don''t worry about everyone, it''s most important that you love it!
36.gif
My girl friends and others felt that my ring is too much as well
9.gif
But I love it!

You are young! We are about the same ring size, but you have less wrinkles on your hands!!!
21.gif
Can ya tell am envious?

Thanks for posting about the bracelet too! I am keeping it!
9.gif

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! I love it. The tacori setting you used as a model was a frontrunner for me -- but I ended up deciding against melee. The custom ring I had made has a very similar shape since I loved that look so much. If you find any wedding bands that fit the curves definitely post them!!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Corseted, it is stunning! And you have such beautiful hands!

Can you post a closer profile/side view of the ring? I would love to see the diamonds under the center stone more clearly. Your ring is gorgeous!

Corseted

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Kim N.
My camera''s with my fiance, I''ll try to take more pictures on Friday.

But if you scrutinise the pictures on the lower half of page 1, from the side and top down, you can see small diamonds between the prongs. They form a circle beneath the crown of my main stone. They''re not visible from the top but help to reflect light onto the diamond. Hope this helps.
1.gif

Corseted

Rough_Rock
As promised:
can you see the circle of diamonds under my main stone?

They help to reflect light onto the diamond and make it sparkle and appear larger, I think.
2.gif

ring 2053.jpg

jennypoo

Rough_Rock
Absolutely GORGEOUS! WOW! :) You lucky girl, you!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous diamond and setting!!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH My! Very unique setting. I thought I''d already posted on this thread. Just a stunning diamond and setting combination.

Wear it with happiness!! I bet it outsparkles most of the rings you see!

mommy3girls1boy

Rough_Rock
Your ring is just beautiful! I love the setting.

vintagebling

Shiny_Rock
I love your ring. The criss-cross is beautiful and the 8-prong low setting is very nice!!

drk

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful ring - congrats on your engagement!
I could picture it with flanking curved bands that echo the shape, though you probably would''t want to wear the bands without the ering. Or you could just wear your ering and wedding band on opposite hands. I''m sure whatever you pick will be great - you have wonderful taste!
Kate

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results