shape
carat
color
clarity

My e-ring: Blue Nile and My Jeweller

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Corseted

Rough_Rock
Hello, I''ve enjoyed many hours on this forum and this is my first post because I finally have pictures to share.

I live in Singapore and good diamonds are very expensive and sometimes more difficult to find here. So unbeknownst to me, my boyfriend started looking around online. He found me a 1.07 carat RB, VVS2, E, with VG cut and Excellent Polish and Symmmetry on Blue Nile. I was quite flabbergasted when he showed it to me. It''s so pretty, so sparkly, so very clean inside.

He claims it is 30% less than what he would have paid here. I just started surfing around for settings IMMEDIATELY. I chose a Tacori setting which I got a jeweller up in Serangoon North to replicate. And here it is.

Due to the curved shape of the e-ring band, I think my search for a matching wedding band will be quite challenging. But hey...I''m looking forward to it!

21.gif

ring 0131.jpg

Corseted

Rough_Rock
More pictures:

ring 0201.jpg

Corseted

Rough_Rock
Hand shot:

ring 0071.jpg

Corseted

Rough_Rock
On a fresh coat of OPI: I''m Not Really a Waitress

Mods: Please feel free to remove this picture if my feet are offensive.
33.gif

ring 0041.jpg

Corseted

Rough_Rock
The last one, I promise
30.gif

See..the twisted pave bands extend to the sides. It looks like there''s a gap there but my dear jeweller chose to seal the gap for less cleaning.

ring 0111.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Corseted, your ring is just beautiful! And you must have tiny fingers, it looks big!

No need to worry about the toe shot, we have a regular poster here who has put her foot in her post more than once.
9.gif
2.gif

Congrats!!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is beautiful and I love your setting. Congrats on your engagement. You might want to see if Tacori has a curved wedding band that will fit under your ering.

kgwen

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous!!!! I love the setting. It is very unique and looks beautiful on your hand. Congrats!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Truly beautiful! Congratulations.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
what a beautiful ring!!
30.gif
your finger must be a size 3 because that stone looks way bigger than a 1 ct. on your hand.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh My Gosh, your ring is just gorgeous!! Of course I love the twisty sides.
2.gif
Congratulations on such a stunner.
30.gif
30.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring is beautiful! I love the setting - the twisted bands, the milgraining, everything about it!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring! Congratulations on your engagement!!! Also, that''s my favorite OPI color as well - perfect for pedicures!! :) What is your manicure shade?

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely beautiful and unique ring!! If your jeweler made the ring--why not have them make a matching wedding ring that fits the curve--but is delicate enough to not overpower the e-ring? What does the original ring match with?

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Wow what a beautiful ring! I love it! Congratulations,

a

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Gorgeous ering!! The setting is beautiful and very unique. It looks great on you. I agree it looks much bigger than a 1.07. You must have a tiny fingers.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s really a stunning ring, you must be thrilled! Congratulations!!!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Singapore! Oh, I miss it so much!

As for looking for a band, if you are willing to take a holiday up to Bangkok there are some amazing custom jewelry workers there, too, if you get bored shopping around Singapore (though that is hard to do).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really, really beautiful!!!!
30.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Corseted, your ring is gorgeous!!! Where in Serangoon North is your jeweller? I''m in Singapore as well.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful, classic Tacori! Many jewelers will stock a curved pave band, or maybe they could custom-make one for you. Try on some different ones and see what works!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I really REELY love your ring. It is really a beauty. Please post more detailed photos and especially a profile of the head/prongs.

DKS

don''t you just love OPI names? I buy it just for the giggle. OH, and your feet are lovely! .... Even if you aren''t really a waitress!! Ha Ha.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful, congratulations!

I love OPI polish, and "I''m Not Really a Waitress" has got to be the very best shade of red EVER!

elle

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! Very pretty and interesting ring! Looks like your jeweller did an awesome job! Perhaps he can make a matching band?

Corseted

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the compliments, guys. I''m so happy.
It''s been weeks and I still love staring at my ring.

I''ll try to post more shots later.

I''m not sure what my American ring size is. It''s 10.5 in Singapore. I do have small, child-like hands but plump fingers so a lot of the shots I took were really too unattractive to use.
5.gif

My manicure shade is Sally Hansen Bamboo Shoot, a good nude pink for tanned hands.

My jeweller is Michael from World Gold at Serangoon Central Drive Blk 254A, Unit No. 01-155
It''s a heartland neighbourhood and it''s surprising that you can find such a good jeweller there. Oh..and his work is not expensive.

I must try to find wedding bands that look good on my fiance and with my e-ring too.
26.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Corseted, your ring is really beautiful, what a fantastic setting and gorgeous diamond! Love your mani and pedi, in fact Bamboo Shoot is in my nail polish stash right now and it is such a great color, I love it, and it looks lovely on your hands, you have great nails! Can''t wait to see your wedding band, good luck in finding the right one for your e-ring...I''m sure it won''t be easy but will be worth the search!
35.gif

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring!!
30.gif

Corseted

Rough_Rock
As promised, improved pics:

ring 019111.JPG

Corseted

Rough_Rock
From the side:

ring 2021.JPG

Corseted

Rough_Rock
More...

ring 2031.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results