shape
carat
color
clarity

My dog''s surgery

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Dear Linda -- I can''t believe I missed this. I am sorry not to have been on this thread. Yea! I''m so proud of you and of Maisie!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Jas and Hareigh.

Harleigh, Looking forward to meeting you next month.

Linda

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Linda, just wanted to pop in and say I hope Mazie''s doing well. About that hand feeding--it''s a dangerous thing! Once when the puppy was sick he would only eat even rice if I fed him by hand and he was SO disappointed when he got better and life went back to normal and he had to eat out of his bowl, LOL.

Dogmom

Shiny_Rock
Linda, I''m so sorry to hear of Maizie''s ordeal, but very happy to hear she is on the mend. I see many dogs at work who have overcome incredible situations and their resiliency absolutely amazes me. Big hugs to you both!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Dee Jay, yes they do get spoiled. I sent you a note, on your thread about Demon.

Thank you DogMom. I know she will do well with one eye. It just breaks our hearts to see her this way. Lhasa''s have gorgeous faces and eyes. To see her, with one eye, just makes us so sad.

Linda

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh My Goodness, Linda! I hadn''t seen the other thread so I went back and checked it out.

I''m so sorry you had to deal with all of this, and so happy your baby is ok! Wow, my cats fight very violently sometimes, and it really scares me. I just can''t imagine how you felt, poor thing. I''m glad she''s home and recovering now. I''ll keep her in my thoughts for her thoughts for a speedy recovery!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Lauren,

It is so scary when animals fight. Our three other Lhasa''s used to fight. They passed away from old age. They squabbled, but never got into serious fights.

Linda

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Linda, I am thinking about you and your Mazie today; how is she doing? Praying for a speedy recovery sweet Linda.
12.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2008 3:00:18 PM
Author: Linda W
Hi Bee,

LOL, no they are not. Mazie has a hard time seeing with her good eye, but she will get used to it. None the less, she could eat by herself. She just doesn''t want too. ha ha ha ha.

After her surgery, we had to hand feed her, so I guess she decided she likes it.
27.gif

Linda

They do seem to love it-after Amber had her lump removed a few years ago, I had to hand feed her also as she wasn''t eating out of her bowl and I was worried about it. I wouldn''t keep it up for too long though as it can sometimes be hard to get them eating out of their bowl again. Sending more hugs to her!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is a picture of Mazie, when she was 15 months old. She is 5 years old now.

mazie 4.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
She basically still looks the same, only her color is lighter and her ears are lighter too. My little sweetheart. Don''t you love her little face. Breaks my heart her left eye is gone now.

Linda

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
She is just darling! They''re such a wonderful breed. So sorry about her eye, but glad that her other eye is good!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2008 6:47:41 PM
Author: coatimundi
She is just darling! They''re such a wonderful breed. So sorry about her eye, but glad that her other eye is good!
She is darling, I too am sorry about the eye. Thanks for posting the adorable pic!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2008 6:42:48 PM
She basically still looks the same, only her color is lighter and her ears are lighter too. My little sweetheart. Don''t you love her little face. Breaks my heart her left eye is gone now.

Linda
Linda~my heart breaks with you. My best thoughts are with you and Mazie.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Mazie is so sweet! I hope she is feeling better. Healing kisses to her from myself and Brownie (the poodle).
emlips.gif
emdog.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, Linda, what a darling little face!! Please give her lots of smoochies for me. I think she is going to need a nice pink bling studded eye patch doncha think?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Linda, sorry I missed this because I want you to know my heart goes out to you and Mazie. I am so sorry this happened. She is adorable. I am glad she is recovering and can still see. I know you will take excellent care of her. Big HUGS to you and Mazie.

Marcy

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Linda, I went back and read your previous thread and when I read about those Labs attacking your puppy I almost fell off my chair! How aweful and scary! We had a scare a year ago with our Dreamer (she''s my avatar) when she ate poison mushrooms in our backyard and almost died. She was in the hospital for 4 days, so I know how aweful and helpless you must have felt when the attack happened and when you were waiting to see if she would be okay. I am so glad your cutie is getting better and *only* lost an eye, it could have been so much worse because of the size difference between the two dogs.

I have to admit that it is really funny to picture little Masie sitting on your bed like a queen being hand-fed by two adult humans, but you know what? If I were in your shoes I would gladly hand feed my dog every day for the rest of her life if it meant I could still enjoy her companionship and love! That''s a small "price" to pay!

Give Masie a belly rub from me, my DH, and our dogs, Dreamer and Seamus!

DD
35.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you DD,

Dreamer is so darn cute. I love your Avatar. What a scare that was with the mushrooms. We get those on our lawn at times. I check the lawn all the time, and yank those things right up.

Mazie is resting again today. The funny thing is, she doesn''t want to be downstairs at all. I carry her down to "do her business" when she is done she wants to go right back upstairs to our bedroom and lay on our bed.

I guess it is warm and safe there for her, so I just stay there with her. I go downstairs to clean up, while she is napping.

Linda

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad she''s recovering at home. She''s probably a bit traumatized, but with your nurturing she''ll be great. She sure looks like a sweetie.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Lumpkin, she sure is.

That is what Rick and I said, that she is traumatized. She just refuses to be downstairs at all.

When Rick comes home from work and I give him his dinner, Mazie walks into the livingroom and cries by the stairs, until I carry her back up into our bedroom again.

Linda

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Linda, does she realize all the other dogs are gone now? Has your daughter done anything to help or give comfort?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lumpkin,

The other dogs are still here. My daughter is still trying to find homes for them.

Linda

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Linda, Maisie feels safe and very loved in your bedroom and considering that the other dogs are still there I can understand why she would want to stay there. I hope your daughter is able to find good loving homes for her dogs and for Maise''s sake I hope it happens quickly. Please give her hugs for me!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Me, too, Linda. I thought the dogs were already out of the house. It explains why she wants to be in your room, and that''s probably the best place for her. I imagine that once the other dogs are gone she''ll settle down much better.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think so to Catmom and Lumpkin. She can stay in our bedroom, for as long as she wants. I''ve been watching movies today and she''s been cuddling with me, bless her little heart.

Linda

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2008 5:59:12 PM
Author: lumpkin
Me, too, Linda. I thought the dogs were already out of the house. It explains why she wants to be in your room, and that's probably the best place for her. I imagine that once the other dogs are gone she'll settle down much better.
yea I think so too...
once they are gone carry her on a tour of the house to show her they are gone.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good idea Storm.

I don''t know how long it will be, before the Labs are gone. We want them to go to good homes. We hope it is soon though.

Linda

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2008 6:58:03 PM
Good idea Storm.

I don''t know how long it will be, before the Labs are gone. We want them to go to good homes. We hope it is soon though.

Linda
For the sake of Mazie''s mental and physical well-being, I hope it''s soon too! Poor little girl, she''s been through enough trauma that she wouldn''t want to be within 100 miles of her tormenters.

Can''t the Labs be boarded somewhere until you find a home for them??? After all, they would have killed Mazie had there been no intervention!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know, we are wishing for that too. It was only one Lab, who attacked her. We are keeping both of them away from her. My daughter is very upset about giving her dogs, up and we are dealing with that also. Mazie comes first and that is the priority for all concerned. Like it or not, that is the way it has to be. This is Mazie''s home and she comes first.

The younger Lab, Mandy, I hope we can find an excellent home for. She is so darn sweet and loving. I adore her too. I don''t think she would harm a flea, but there is always that chance. But....... both of them do go after my little parrot. They are bird dogs afterall. Can''t take a chance of something happening to him either.

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results