shape
carat
color
clarity

My daughter just got accepted to MIT!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/19/2006 12:45:50 AM
Author:MaryAlaina

She basically works from the time she gets home from school until 10 or 11pm every night to get all her school work done. Then she spends most of the weekends doing more work.

Oh wow! How great for you both!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Sure know how that sort of work load feels like... and getting into a top program still was a huge kick in the gut. It is for most though. But how exciting! Mostly likely you know allot better what to expect from MIT than I knew about Cambridge before jumping off the plane into the first class.

Many heartfelt congratulations
10.gif
and best wishes for your daughter, MaryAlana!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on raising such a motivated, hardworking, and BRAINY kid!! (good genes, no?) So very happy for you and your daughter!! Best of luck to her!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

What wonderful news! A big congrats for a big accomplishment!
emstar.gif

cheers--Sharon

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again all!

I was originally a Math major myself (ended up switching over to Business/Marketing), so I LOVE that she is so talented in that area and loves Math so much. But while she may have gotten my genes, God definitely has blessed her with extra intelligence, as she is much smarter than I am. In addition, she is much more motivated, driven, and confident than I was at that age. I never would have been able to leave CA and go across country for college. It makes me so glad that we''ve traveled a lot with the kids so that they are comfortable with that and being new places, and that I continually looked for different opportunities for her to get involved with (summer school in San Diego, volunteering in 2 hospitals, etc.), so that she is confident in going into new situations.

I''m just SOOOOO proud of her!
1.gif

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Wow MA! Congrats to your daughter and your family!

Geez...math and physics? I had to take a few physics classes for my major and I was so glad when the semester ended! A friend of mine has a master''s degree in math and the way his brain works just amazes me! The best of luck to her!

How is law school going?

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
With admission percentages like this, I''m really starting to worry, and my son is only 14!!!!!! He''s smart, but you best believe Mommy will be on his back for nest 4 years.
27.gif

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/25/2006 2:10:28 AM
Author: pebbles
How is law school going?

It''s going good! After December midterms, I was ranked 6th in the class. I''ve got 5 more weeks until finals, so we''ll see how I end up. I''m really enjoying being back in school and having the academic challenge. It consumes so much of my time, but thankfully, I''m don''t have a job right now, so I''m not overwhelmed.

Thanks for asking!
1.gif

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
MaryAlaina.

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to let you know that I graduated from MIT, class of 1998. If you or your daughter have any questions, I''d be more than happy to answer them. Also, I am an interviewer for MIT currently, and from everything they''ve told us, this year was very competitive. I think the acceptance rate was 13%.

Also, I grew up in So Cal...so I had to get used to the change in weather also (lots of J.Crew!). In fact, I never even owned a pair of long pants (even jeans, which are now a staple)...I was always a shorts or skirt girl.

Congrats to your daughter!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results