shape
carat
color
clarity

My daughter just got accepted to MIT!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
My brilliant daughter just found out this morning that she got accepted into MIT. It was her top choice, and she is so excited. I''m just thrilled for her and can hardly believe it, as this year they had more applicants than ever before, so the acceptance rate was the lowest it had ever been.

She has wanted this so badly, and worked so hard for it. This is the kid that has a 4.32 GPA (because of all the AP classes she has taken), got a perfect 800 on the Math portion of her SAT (and a not too shabby 730 on the verbal portion), taught herself the second year of Calculus because they didn''t have enough kids to take the class at school, tutors other students, volunteers at the local hospital. She basically works from the time she gets home from school until 10 or 11pm every night to get all her school work done. Then she spends most of the weekends doing more work. She is the most motivated, hardworking and driven student I have ever seen. And she SOOOO deserves this!

I''m just so proud of her I had to share!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
kewl
congrates!!
What is she going to major in?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS!

...but that California girl''s gonna freeze to death.
32.gif
2.gif
Buy her lots of warm clothing!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!
36.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your daughter is amazing!!!! Congratulations to her and to your family!

Deb
34.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations to your daughter, and congratulations to you too, Mom, for raising a brilliant young woman.
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
congratulations!!!

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks all! She will major either in Math, Physics, or both.

Yeah, the thing I worry most about is her and the weather. She is used to wearing flip flops and shirts that show 2" of belly most of the year. "Bundling up" to her means wearing a sweatshirt. That part is going to be a huge change.

We''re going to the campus preview weekend in 3 weeks, so I''m hoping she will be able to see the kind of things the other kids wear/have in their winter wardrobes.

Anyway, I''m just so proud of her!

f0rbidden

Shiny_Rock
Congrats to you and to her! What a great accomplishment!!!!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
wow! what an impressive accomplishement! Dem math and physics majors are some smart (if off in their own world) cookies
3.gif

congrats to you both.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
That is fantastic.

It is so good and refreshing to see that there are great kids out there.

Congratulations to her.

InLuvWithMrH

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!! I am experiencing the same type of excitement with my daughter! She got accepted to USC and UCLA, along with a FULL SCHOLARSHIP to UCSanta Barbara, which happens to be her last choice
32.gif
. The next month is gonna be tough deciding..... by the way, my cousin's daughter got a full scholarship to MIT and graduated with top honors..it's a great school!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
huge congrats to your daughter!! my sister is the same way re: a sweatshirt means bundling up....but i''m sure your daughter will adapt once she gets into that environment.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
What an accomplishment!! Congratulations to your daughter MA!

Heather

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations MA!!!
36.gif

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
MA

I meant to to mention this to you earlier;

I was at the Corvette Museum this past Friday (getting new car) and I saw a t-shirt with

"Vette Girl" on it.

Reminded me of you!!!!

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
Congrats,

Your daughter sounds AMAZING!!!!

Getting into MIT is a real accomplishment in any year, but this year is the largest baby boom echo, so it''s such a GREAT accomplishment.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes it is. We heard that University of Pennsylvania has 22,000 applications for regular decision and only 1200 spots available. Lucky that Ashley got in early. Yikes!!
32.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on a fabulous accomplishment for your daughter, MA. Hard work does get rewarded, and she will be just fine in the cold weather. She will after all be using a lot of energy thinking.
2.gif

shay

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! You must be proud of her and yourself for raising such a smart girl.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2006 5:02:57 PM
Author: kaleigh
Yes it is. We heard that University of Pennsylvania has 22,000 applications for regular decision and only 1200 spots available. Lucky that Ashley got in early. Yikes!!
32.gif

That sounds like a lot of openings to me! When I applied to my college there were about 2000 applicants and 100 spots available. Big difference!
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2006 2:23:26 AM
Author: researcher

Date: 3/19/2006 5:02:57 PM
Author: kaleigh
32.gif

That sounds like a lot of openings to me! When I applied to my college there were about 2000 applicants and 100 spots available. Big difference!
9.gif
actually it's the same...5% being admitted out of all the applications!
5.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Wow, congratulations to your daughter. Good for her and good for you for raising such a dedicated daughter.

One word of caution--I hope your daughter takes time to do things besides study. I was one of those overly driven students too and I look back and high school and college and think that I missed out on a lot of fun.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Thats is just wonderful!!! tell her congrats!! WOW>....

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
that is wonderful!
36.gif
congrats to your daughter! glad to see all her hard work is paying off!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats to her - what a great accomplishment and a huge step towards her future! She deserves it and sounds like a wonderful young woman.

Gemklctr

Shiny_Rock
Congrats to you and your daughter MA. A great achievement for both!!!!

Tell her to be prepared for the weather though. When I was in school in the Boston area, I had a classmate from Alabama who had never seen snow except in photos. He was wearing his down jacket when the temperature dipped to the high forties in late October and asked me - quite seriously - if it was going to get any colder.
20.gif
I think he ultimately transferred out.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s just wonderful news MA.. Congrats to you all..

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats to all of you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results