shape
carat
color
clarity

My cat is dying

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
You have all made me feel so much better, despite the sad situation.

It makes me cry just thinking about losing my babies and now it will happen soon it is so much worse. I kept crying at work - I think my poor boss thought he''d really upset me or something.

FI has been great today. He lost his cat Scrabble last Christmas. His dad and stepmum didn''t even bother to tell him till 2 weeks later and I don''t think they really took great trouble with her
29.gif
- she lived with them because he was too allergic to have her, but he was more excited about my meeting her than meeting his dad. At least I know that Sophie is hugely loved and my parents will do anything to keep her happy and with us.

The greatest love of my life, Professor Pye, was put to sleep in 1999, the day of the solar eclipse. I couldn''t ring my parents for a week because I was too scared to hear the news. He was probably the largest siamese cat in the world - he was about 8 kilos and huge, with paws like a small leopard. My sister used to dress him up in dolls clothes and wheel him round the garden in a pram - he would lie on his back with his paws on top of the covers and his head on the pillow in a bonnet with a big bow under his chin. He didn''t have a huge brain, but he did have a huge heart. I still miss him like crazy - my father always said if you could marry a cat, I''d have married him! When I told FI I loved him as much as the Professor, he knew how big a thing that was!

I''m so sorry for all of you who have recently - or less recently lost their furry friends. I always find it amazing that animals choose to give us so much love and affection and make our lives wonderful in so many ways. I''m sure I will end up as one of these old ladies with 20 cats when I''m 80.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry to hear this! Our cats are like our children and you are right, 15 years does seem too short. I hope you find comfort.

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Pandora, I am so sorry to hear that.

Big hugs to you... and I do think there is a cat heaven where good cats go when they pass on.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Give your baby all the catnip and treats and snuggles she can take till it''s her time.
emlove.gif
emcat.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry, Pandora.

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
*big hugs*

I''m going through the same sort of thing - my cat is terminally ill and I don''t know how I''ll be able to come home and have him gone. I know it may be corny, but it helps me to imagine that he''ll be waiting for me "up there", running around, tipping over garbages, chewing on socks, and all the stuff he loved to do before he got sick.

I''m sure you''ve given your kitty a great life, with lots of love. You are doing the best thing possible by making sure she is comfortable and not in any pain.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry, Pandora...as you said, she has had a good and long life, and I hope you take comfort in knowing that I''m certain she knew how much you loved her. You and your dear kitty are in my thoughts and prayers. Sending hugs your way...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh, huge lump in my throat as I type this Pandora...big hugs to you from me. My grandma always had Siamese kitties and they are just wonderful. I hope that your baby gets to come home to you and goes peacefully in the harbour of your arms/home, etc. My heart goes out to you and yours. Take care.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I''ve suffered the death of two cats, both dying of old age, having lived to 14 and 16 years. It is never easy to lose a pet, and it shouldn''t be. We should love them as a member of our family, and it should be a deep loss to us. You have my deepest sympathy and I''m sending up a prayer for your comfort.

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Pandora,

I''m sorry to hear of your cat''s situation, and send my prayers and sympathies as you were so comforting to me when my dog died. *hugs*

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Pandora,

I am so sorry to hear about your kitty. I left my childhood kitty, Shadow, with my parents when I went off to college because she could not live with me in student housing (and my parents thought she was too old to move cross country once I had my own place). When she was 16, my parents called to let me know that the vet said they would probably need to put her to sleep within the next couple of months, but she didn''t appear to be suffering much yet so they could take her home w/ some pain meds. I was devastated, but also grateful I would get a chance to say goodbye when I went home for Easter a couple of weeks later. When I saw her, she was thin, and her once lustrous gray coat looked dull, but she was as sweet as ever. She was stiff and had trouble getting around, so she didn''t want to play much. Over the course of that trip, I spent a lot of time sitting with her in my lap and stroking her and talking to her. I was grateful to have gotten the chance to say goodbye, and I could tell by the way she was acting that she was worn out and it was time to let her go, but it was so hard leaving. A couple of weeks later, my parents took her back to the vet and my father stayed with her and held her while they put her to sleep. They buried her in the back yard and planted a tree for her. It has been almost 10 years, but I am sitting here crying thinking about it.

Our fur babies are such a big part of our lives that it is always hard to lose them. Enjoy the time you have left with her. Others have given you good advice -- spend time with her doing things that will be meaningful for both of you, whether it is taking walks, giving her special treats, or just holding her. Hugs.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so very sorry, Pandora. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your cat.

StarSpun

Shiny_Rock
Pandora, I am so sorry to hear of the news. But I am also so happy to hear that you have been touched and blessed by a wonderful kitty for so many years! Keep in mind throughout it all, that the happiness and memories are always what matters....you are both lucky in this life to have found eachother, and I''m sure your furbaby knows that very well!

My thoughts are with you all....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results