shape
carat
color
clarity

My cat is dying

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
My sister just rang me to say my mother has taken one of my cats to the vet.

She''s had breast cancer for a year now.

They operated twice, but she developed secondaries about 8 weeks ago. I saw her two weeks ago and although she was still eating and running around and sitting out in the garden in the sun, her coat was all staring and she had got very thin.

I know she had a wonderful life - she''s 15, which is pretty old for a siamese - I am still really upset. My dad has been giving her steroid injections every few days so she''s not in any pain at all.

I have a feeling the vet will decide to put her to sleep this time. I''m sitting here at work and I just can''t concentrate at all.
15.gif

I hate it when my animals die (one of the reasons I have pythons - they normally live 30-40 years.)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Pandora, many of us here know how you must be feeling, my thoughts are with you and your kitty.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Oh Pandora, I''m so sorry! I lost my cat to cancer earlier this year and it was devastating. A year is a long time for a cat to live with cancer, she''s fought hard, but if it is her time to go, it''s best to let her go. Spend your time grieving though, it''s important to help process your feelings.

We had a rough month of grieving after Max died. It felt like it had been a lot longer than just a month though... we miss him every day, but recently decided to give another cat a home and little Jack is purring on my shoulder now. He''s never met his big brother, but they have a connection anyway. And Lorelei... he keeps lunging at my screen to attack your avatar!

Head bonks to you.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pandora, I''m so very sorry to hear about your cat. As a fellow animal lover myself my heart goes out to you right now. We are here for you. Big hugs.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so sorry this had to happen to your cat. Losing them is heartbreaking, but we have to do the most merciful thing when the time comes. You gave him a good home, and he was loved. Hugs to you and your family.

Nicki

Shiny_Rock
So sorry to hear that.
7.gif
You and your kitty will be in my thoughts today.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I''m so very sorry, Pandora.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so, so sorry, Pandora. I lost one of my own cats to cancer about a month ago. I wanted to give you a much longer post but I just can''t at this point. It''s still too raw but please know that I''m thinking about you and your poor kitty! I''m sorry.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pandora, I am so sorry.
7.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pandora, I am so very sorry, hugs.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Pandora. I''m so sorry. It''s so hard to lose a pet, as so many of us on here can commiserate with. My heart goes out to you and your family. ((HUGS))

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry...

togal

Shiny_Rock
I''m very sorry about your cat. Having been through this several times myself, I know how tough it is. My thoughts are with you.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry to hear about your kitty Pandora - I can only imagine the heartbreak you must be going through. I wish you and your family the best in this difficult time, and try to remember that you gave her a long and loving life and when it is her time I''m sure she will go peacefully, with someone she loves and trusts there with her.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2007 10:47:17 AM
Author: door knob solitaire
I'll be holding you up in prayer.

DKS
me 2
outgoing

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the lovely comments
35.gif

My dad just rang to say that the vet has decided to operate again next week.

They think as she''s still quite perky and purry that it would be better to let her die naturally at home rather than put her to sleep at the vets.

My dad is a doctor and is going to keep her topped up on pain meds so that she doesn''t suffer at all and they think she''ll have a few more months at least.

I know she won''t recover, but I am so glad that she will be at home and that I''ll probably have a chance to see her another couple of times. The other cats know she''s not well and are being so kind and lovely to her which is good - normally they all beat each other up.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I''m really sorry about your cat. My thoughts are with you (and your cat).

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry about your kitty
7.gif
39.gif
Hugs and good thoughts are going out to you!

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Dear Pandora,

I am so sorry you are going through this and I know no matter what I say it won''t make you feel better. I just lost my kitty to breast cancer two weeks ago. She was the third kitty I lost in less than 1 year and the second kitty I lost to cancer. I know how painful it is and I know how much you want to hang on to them because they bring such joy to your life. The best advice I can give you is to love the memories you have of her, be prepared for when the times comes when she passes by perhaps getting some clay from a pet store to make paw prints with, take lots of pictures and let her do whatever it is she loves to do but maybe you denied her of doing for her own protection. In my case, she was an indoor kitty...I took her outside for the first time and let her walk around and enjoy the fresh air. Just do whatever you think is going to be special for you and her until the time comes when the vet says it''s time to let her go. When that time comes, remember you have done everything you can for her and now you are doing what is best for her. Just love on her until you can''t anymore. My heart is with you and I am here for you if you need to talk.

Hugs,
ulualoha

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
As a fellow kitty lover, I''m glad to hear that your beloved cat has been warranted a reprieve for at least the next few months.
1.gif

jas

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry Pandora, but how wonderful that your kitty can live with and in your family''s love for a little while. Hugs

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I already have a lump in my throat while writing this so I can''t go too far or I''ll start tearing up at work.
15.gif
I''m so, so, so sorry. It never is easy to lose a pet...the bond and the love between cats and their people is a very strong one.

I can only imagine how you''re feeling right now - I actually tear up every time I start thinking about Chloe getting older now (11)...I''m sure I will be a complete wreck when it''s her time to go.

Big hugs to you.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry Pandora. Thinking of you.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry Pandora. *hugs*

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry you are sad Pandora. I''m hugging you xxx

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very sorry to hear that. Wishing your kitty the best and I hope that her operation goes well.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
**hug*** I am so sorry.....

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Oh, honey, I went through this with my Siamese earlier this year (put him to sleep on Dec. 29th, 2006, after a good life of 17 years and kidneys that had finally given up on him). I am so very sorry. I know there''s nothing to say that will make it better, but my heart goes out to you. I know how much mine broke when I lost my beautiful baby...
8.gif

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry. It''s so difficult to lose a beloved pet. My prayers and heart goes out to you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results