shape
carat
color
clarity

MY CAR WAS STOLEN!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
BR..I''m so sorry to hear this! Such a frustrating thing.

hugs!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lovey
1.gif
I can always count on my PS girls to hold me up. (How are the wedding plans btw, it''s coming up quickly!!)

I''m in a better mood today b/c I just had a really good audition--the rescheduled one from Saturday morning that I missed b/c of the car--I think I actually got a lot more time and attention than I would have on the original day, so it all works out....who knows!! If I get this job, it''s a children''s theatre tour, so I will be going who knows where all over the country--maybe can meet some fellow PSers!!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
UPDATE: Just got a call, and my car has been found.....in Tijuana!!

It sounds like it''s been stripped (there''s no transmission, motor, etc.) so my insurance will certainly consider it a total loss. HOWEVER--the fact that it''s been found in MEXICO may complicate some stuff w/ the process, WE''LL SEE!!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
OMG
23.gif

Well, at least you won''t have to drive your old car around wondering who''s been in it and what they were doing in it. That would drive me bananas!

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Tijauana... that''s quite a joy ride!!! I hope the whole process goes as smoothly as possible!!

Oh, and congrats on the rescheduled audition - I''m sending some good vibes back your way!
28.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blueroses, I agree with Erin! It would make me feel bad car karma to wonder what happened it my car. My uncle had a car stolen to be used in crime and got it back with bullet holes from the police chase. He also had a homeless guy climb in when he forgot to lock it and the man used it first as a bedroom AND bathroom...Lorelei, that violates the never eat (or sleep) and "blank" in the same place...one hopes he left after using it as a toilet. Time for a new car for my uncle and he never left it unlocked. I am sure being out of the country complicates things, but try to find a silver lining if you can...and I hope your insurance pays well and quickly!!!

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
Tijuana!! i chi wa wa !!!!

Good to have closure on the car theft. But still unsettling.

Great news on the audition. Keep us posted! you''re a star. :)

Thanks for asking...wedding plans zooming along. just ordered our rings last weekend. two months to go!!!

ky6

Shiny_Rock
Tijuana!!! Holy cow. Hopefully the insurance will just pay you for the vehicle and you won''t have to drive around in one that God only knows who has been in it and what they have done. Keep us posted.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Blueroses--I''m sorry this happened to you..and in La Jolla no less. Who would have thought? I''m glad they found your car at least so you can move on with the insurance company rather than them wanting to wait and see if it turns up. Hopefully your insurance company can help you with the Mexico issue! Good luck!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Thanks again everyone, for all of the support and good wishes!

My insurance guy called on Monday after their counterparts in Mexico had seen the car and taken pictures, etc. It was SO very stripped that it wasn''t even worth towing back to this side of the border. He said that he had never seen one as bad as this--basically all that was left was the hood, the trunk, the doors, the bumpers, and the metal holding it all together. So they took....the engine, the transmission, the battery, the headlamps, the tires, the spare, some windows were smashed in.....pretty much everything else!!

It''s a drag, but at least it is easy for it to be declared a total loss and now they just have to figure out the value based on the condition it WAS in before the theft, and then just cut me a check, the end. And I agree, it IS preferable to driving around in a car with that bad karma!! (or CAR-ma, hahaha)

The only upside of all of this is that I ended up getting the job for the audition I missed the day the car was stolen....maybe I would have anyway, but it felt like I had more time one-on-one with the make-up audition, and it went really well, probably better than the originally planned one might''ve. So I''m going on tour in the fall (children''s theatre--natl. tour)!

May wait on buying a new car until after I come back from that in the winter.....but in the meantime, I''m checking the classifieds for some new wheels!
10.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Blueroses on Tour
Stopping in your hometown
for one night only

36.gif
Congratulations!
36.gif

San Francisco Chronicle - Mick LaSalle states, 'Her masterful performance brought tears to my eyes. Never have I seen an actor with such panache. Blueroses gives her most commanding performance of the year.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Erin, LOL, that is HILARIOUS!!!!!
31.gif
31.gif

Nothing that thrilling though...I mean, my audience is K-8!! But MANY thanks, m'dear, I really appreciate it!!!
10.gif
10.gif

caligal

Shiny_Rock
OMG- it was in TJ! Huge congrats on the job- it will be exciting!!!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Quick update--thanks again to all of you for all of the wonderful good wishes and support, SO great of all of you.

So. Just got off the phone with my claims adjuster, and I''m almost EMBARASSED!!!....the cash value they determined on the car is over FOUR TIMES what I paid for it. (I bought it from my brother-in-law for under bluebook last year.)
I didn''t cheat anyone, but I''m just feeling kind of sheepish with the figure they came back with--I''m FLOORED--it''s enough for me to get another nice used car AND actually pay some bills, pay off some credit card debt....(or buy some bling
11.gif
)

WHOA! I don''t recommend having one''s car stolen, but I can''t say I mind THIS nice surprise!!!
6.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well good for you!!!!! After all you went through you deserve the extra money bigtime!!!!! Congratulations on your audition. If you come through Philly let me know!!!!!
36.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Blue -- That''s awesome about both the job and the car! How long do you have to be on the tour for? As unfortunate and stressful as everything ws these past couple weeks for you, I guess it did all end positively
1.gif
Glad things are going well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results