shape
carat
color
clarity

MY CAR WAS STOLEN!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I have been off PS for a good week and I really miss you girls, but I have to rant:

MY FCUKING CAR WAS STOLEN LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have already gone through denial and shock and am now just completely pissed and overwhelmed. This SUCKS. I was walking out of the house this morning on my way to an audition and I just froze--like, huh? Where did it go???!!

I have a '94 Acura which is apparently one of the easiest cars to steal. I bought it from my brother-in-law when I moved back here from NY almost 6 months ago. In these 6 months, I have had: someone hit the bumper while it was parked the first week I owned it, had my windshield smashed by partying high school kids a few weeks later, had the car broken into last week (I'd left the driver door unlocked and they didn't take anything--just rifled through and disapproved of my cd choices--now I believe they were "casing it" for their big heist last night,) and dealt with abject DMV idiocy w/ the title transfer paperwork being sent back 3 times.

This is in freaking LA JOLLA. This is not a crime-ridden street. I mean, there are a lexus and an audi parked in front of the house, so please, pick on the starving actress in the 11 year old car w/ 120,000 miles. GGGRRRRR!!!!!!!!!
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

I have filed a police report and informed my insurance. I have another car to drive, and no one is hurt or injured and I should count my blessings, but it is such a violation, and I'm pissed. And it had a FULL TANK!!! That's a lot of cash with these gas prices!! And I had just paid $150 for next year's registration TWO days ago!!

This is also my big girls' weekend. I have 2 friends who have been close to me for almost 30 years--we've been friends since we were toddlers. We have a weekend together every summer and all 3 of us fly in and drink, go to the beach, get pedis, go to disneyland, celebrate our summer b-days, etc. We call ourselves the "Westward Hos"
11.gif
So not only have I missed an audition for a well-PAYING gig, I am missing hanging with my girls while I talk to the police and print up fliers warning my neighbors. GGGGGRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for letting me rant. I know things could be worse--I KNOW. There are people in London desperate for knowledge of their missing loved ones, and this is a minor problem in the grand scheme of things, but after a year in which I have left the city I love, had my dad almost die, had an aunt diagnosed and treated for small cell lung cancer, lost one dog to renal failure, had another fall off a deck and get 20 stitches, and had the YEAR anniversary of "yes, we'll be engaged by your b-day 2004" come and go, turned 31, and finally gone into therapy/prescibed anti-depressants (aside: Screw you Crazy Tom Cruise), it feels like almost more than I can handle today.
32.gif
32.gif
14.gif
29.gif
39.gif

Thanks for letting me spew here. I know it is all going to be okay, but I'm practically itemizing the rest of what can go wrong in my life so that I can be prepared for it. I know it's small and inconsequential, but dadgummit, people SUCK!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear about the car, what a DRAG.

I had my car broken into a few years ago and it was such a horrible experience, mostly for just how violated my space felt.....aka someone had been rooting in and around my car and taken some personal items. Thank goodness the car was still there, but I was upset and freaked out at the same time.

Good luck getting everything sorted out and hopefully you can salvage this wkd with your gals!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Mara
28.gif
It IS such a violation--makes you feel so exposed.

I''m actually only missing a little time with the girls and we''re meeting up later (I won''t let this ruin our weekend)--I''ve done all I can do and have had my last chat w/ the police for now.

I think I just needed to get that vent out of my system--thanks!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG that sucks big time. So sorry!!!!
14.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
29.gif
29.gif

I really hate people sometimes.
20.gif
This is just ridiculous. How dare they! I am so sorry to hear about this...I hope you recover as soon as possible. This just stinks...but I am glad you were not hurt, or that it wasn''t YOU who was attacked or violated in an even worse way...I know it''s not comforting but in the world we live in, we do have to appreciate it could always be worse.
40.gif

I am just pissed off this happend to such a sweetie. I''ll be thinking good thoughts that this gets resolved quickly. And I hope whoever did this gets what he/they deserves.
29.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
That blows...I am soo sorry. I dont knwo what to say. Yikes! I am sorry that you missed the gig and I imagine this will put a damper on your weekend plans. I hope that things get better for you soon. It sounds like you are having a ***** time.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
REALLY sorry about your car. That''s horrible. The good thing is you''re safe though, and I really hope you''re able to meet up with your friends while they''re in town.

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my, I am so sorry to hear this!!! I know how violated you must feel, even though I never had to deal with something so bad as a theft of the whole vehicle, I had my car broken into 3 years ago. They bashed out the back window, stole my cd system and radar dectector and get this, only a couple of my cd''s!! Aparently they liked only a couple and took them! They also took some clothes I had in my trunk and strewn them across my backseat, over the glass that was shattered all over it
29.gif
I was so pissed and felt very violated, I can''t believe how you must feel!!
14.gif

I hope you get through it ok and that things work themselves out eventually!! Keep ranting, we understand!!

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no...

I feel for you.

If it will help, The reason why the car was stolen probably had little to do with how easy it was to steel. Most cars are easy to steel - as the most popular "anti-theft" systems are easily defeated or bypassed by professional theives. i.e. Anti-theft devices stop the joy ridersl, but not the people stealing for parts and resale of the vehicle.

Stolen car statistics are interesting - and have regional variances.

You need to be carefull understanding what is being reported.

The following is from 2003 data.

A) The most number of stolen cars in the US.

The CCC reports the ten most stolen vehicles for 2003 are as follows:
1) 1995 Saturn SL
2) 1998 Acura Integra
3) 1994 Saturn SL
4) 1999 Acura Integra
5) 1995 Acura Integra
6) 1997 Acura Integra
7) 1996 Acura Integra
8) 1994 Acura Integra
9) 2002 Mitsubishi Montero
10) 2000 Honda Civic

Thus, there were more 1995 Saturn SL''s stolen than any other car of a model year. Your 1994 Acura seems to be #8 on this list.

B) The most popular model that is stolen (over a range of model years; i.e. if you look at a "top 100 list of stolen vehicles - with vehicles listed by model year" The Honda Civic owns a large number of the places on that list - starting with the #10 slot of the most stolen cars, and the total number of Honda Civics stolen - for all model years combined - outweighs any other model being stolen):

Here is the NICB top ten list—the number in parentheses is the model year most stolen
1) Honda Civic (2000)
2) Toyota Camry (1989)
3) Honda Accord (1991)
4) Chevrolet C/K 1500 (1994)
5) Dodge Caravan (1994)
6) Ford F-150 (1997)
7) Toyota Pickup (1986)
8) Acura Integra (1995)
9) Nissan Sentra (1987)
10) Oldsmobile Cutlass (1986)

C) The most common stolen new vehicles:

The HLDI lists the five most stolen vehicles for the 2001-2003 model years as follows:
1) Cadillac Escalade EXT
2) Nissan Maxima
3) Cadillac Escalade
4) Dodge Stratus/Chrysler Sebring
5) Dodge Intrepid

D) The highest / lowest theft rates (thefts per 1000 vehicles: 2002 data):

Class/Model Theft Frequency (claims per 1,000 insured vehicle years)
Cadillac Escalade 4WD 10.3
Dodge Stratus 8.7
Mitsubishi Mirage 7.2
Jeep Wrangler 4WD 7.2
Lincoln Navigator 2WD 6.6
Dodge Intrepid 5.8
Lincoln Navigator 4WD 5.7
Dodge Ram 1500 5.6
Ford Expedition 2WD 5.6
Chrysler Sebring 5.5
Average for all vehicles 2.6

(from another list)
Ford Taurus 0.5

Note that I added the Ford Taurus to illistrate an interesting point.

While I do not have the 2003 top 25 list of "most popular Models" stolen (list "B" above). The Ford Taurus proabably rates about 12 on that list based on previous year placement. There are a lot of them out there. Thus, they are very popular to steal, but the chance of any one being stolen is small.

Most car theft is by professional thieves for breaking the car down into parts for the vehicle repair market - or export overseas. Thus, any vehicle that has a lot of them out there - becomes popular for parts as they age.

While this does not help with your current situation. It might help you decide what to own next. Personally, none of the vehicles I own are on the top 100 list of stolen vehicles. Somehow these vehicles are cheaper to buy used, and cheaper to insure (OK, ill admit it - they arn''t the "coolest" either).

Perry

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
BlueRoses!

What a big GRRRRRR event. That''s all I can say. What total bad luck. It sounds like they stole it from your driveway? Unreal. Hugs. I hope this gets sorted out soon. Hugs!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Blue,

I''m so sorry to hear that. I know exactly how you feel.
38.gif
The same thing happened to me 3.5 years ago. I was over at my boyfriend''s house finishing up on some sort of paper for my english class and when I finished at 3am, I came out and didn''t find my car. At first I thought I parked it elsewhere (because it was 3am and I was very tired so I might have forgotten), but after I scanning the whole block and still not finding it, I knew it was stolen. It was ''99 Acura Integra.

The whole process with the police and insurance is not the most pleasant experience too. The police don''t seem to really care, because I guess they don''t see it as important, which they fail to understand, because it is VERY IMPORTANT TO US!! *sigh*

I hope you can salvage the rest of your weekend with your GFs. Hang in there and try to have some fun for the next couple days. Oh, I hope you have full coverage insurance. If you do, on a good note, if your car gets totaled, you get more money for the vehicle than if you were to sell it yourself. So, you can use the money and purchase another vehicle....

Sh*t happens, but you have us to vent to.
1.gif

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no BlueRoses!!!!!!!!! Ya know, having my car stolen is one of my most frequent recurring dreams ~ I don''t know what the hell I''ll do if it ever happens!!

I''m so sorry this happened on your Westward Hos weekend (that''s so funny!!). Sheez... that''s just rotten... Well, I know there''s not much we can do but sympathize, but it sounds like you''ve been through the wringer this last year ~ I hope it lets up and cheers up for you soon!! And I know we all TOTALLY understand the need to rant and rave about all of it no matter how miniscule it may seem ''in the grand scheme of things'' ~ hey, life is day in day out and we don''t really operate on the ''grand scheme of things'' scale 90% of the time... If I didn''t have mini-meltdowns every few weeks I think I would explode!!
6.gif

Take care, enjoy your girls!!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
blueroses! *HUGS* I''m so sorry that you are having this terrible experience. Some people, shame on their mothers for not raising them right. I hope that you can get a new car soon, as I know that stolen cars can be a lengthy process. Have fun with your girls this weekend!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Oh no! I''m so sorry to hear about that, blueroses.
7.gif

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no! that really sux!
emcry.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear of your car being stolen blueroses.
38.gif
I hope you felt a little better after venting and that the rest of your weekend is spent having fun with your good friends.

Heather

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve also had my car broken into and my radio stolen, and while it''s not as traumatic as a whole car being stolen, it IS a violation!!!! I''m so sorry you''re going through this...you really have a great way of looking at this and realizing that it could''ve been worse...

Hope this gets better for you real soon!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ohh blueroses! that''s completely horrible... i know i would feel so violated too! i hope they find those idiots!!

dazedland

Shiny_Rock
OMG that is so ridiculous! Relax/drink it off with your"ho''s!"

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
How horrbile! Sorry to hear! We''ve experienced the same a few years back. Someone stole our truck, stripped it (police found it) . We REALLY didnt want it back... and again a few years laters, someone stole our motorcycle ( I swear I saw the kid who probably bought it hot, driving it in the street). I told Dre, but the claim had already been processed, so he made me leave it alone.
29.gif

Good luck w/ everything Blue!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That just sucks....so sorry to hear it. It is a violation of your space and just not cool. I have several friends whose cars were broken into multiple times (one in Houston, TX, one in Santa Clara, CA)...it''s no fun and just makes you want to kill those jerks. My ex-boss''s car was stolen right out of her driveway. Seriously! Can''t these people get a life??? I can only hope karma comes around to bite them in the @ss. I hope your insurance company is timely in getting this whole thing settled.

elephant

Shiny_Rock
BlueRoses -- SO SORRY to hear about a) your car b) your dad and aunt c) your dogs and d) the "anniversary." I am SO with you with your rant! Doesn''t it seem like when it rains, it pours? Well, please let us know if we can help in any way. Sending lots of hugs, prayers and positive vibes your way!

I hope everything works out!

PS -- my car was totalled last year by some jerk on pot who had no insurance and that was my one thought - BUT, I JUST FILLED UP THE TANK!!!!!! :)

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2005 2:36:45 PM
Author:blueroses

Thanks for letting me spew here. I know it is all going to be okay, but I''m practically itemizing the rest of what can go wrong in my life so that I can be prepared for it. I know it''s small and inconsequential, but dadgummit, people SUCK!
Agreed... stuff like this just blows... You are safe, things are fine in the grand things of things, but this stinks! I had my car broken into once after a weekend boat trip. They stole all the radio and AC knobs, and the misc things that I hadn''t brought in from the weekend, such as my sweat pants, and other oh so valuble items. It''s very violating.

I hope things get better. There are lots of good things about La Jollia, so hopefully things will turn more positive.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
oh blue!
6.gif
i''m so sorry to hear all this!!!

*HUGS*

that really sux. i understand that horrible feeling of helpless anger all the while still knowing an counting your blessings -- my fiance was recently in an accident with a hit and run drunk driver. the guy was in a HUGE SUV and my fiance was in his little accord -- his car got completely totaled. the SUV - not a scratch, and he didn''t even stop to see if my fiance was ok, they just sped off -- at 3 am, noone on the street. luckily my fiance wasn''t hurt (few mino scrapes and bruises) and a guy in his house heard the crash and came out, so if he had been hurt, thank goodness someone would have seen to call 911. i am sooooooograteful beyond WORDS how everything tuned out, but it still doesn''t stop the anger that comes with it.

what helped me the most was to keep repeating -- the car we can fix/replace. my fiance, i don''t even what to think about what could have been.

Good luck with all the sorting out, let your anger out, vent as needed and keep on truckin''!

I hope you had a blast with your girls!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blueroses...first, do not apologize for being upset or feeling overwhelmed, violated and angry. ALL these feelings are normal, it would be less normal if you did not have them. Hang in there. What you are feeling and dealing with are critical and important to you. That does not mean you have less empathy or emotions toward other tragedies out there, but this is happening to you and it is your reality. Try not to beat yourself up for your feelings; they count to you and that is all that matters. Hope it felt good to rant!
emthup.gif
Also, you seem to have your priorities in order and we all have down days where we feel we are being selfish for focusing on our own stuff...do not be so tough on yourself. PS...I digress, I used to love a lip gloss that I would get a the beauty supply...it was called Blue Roses by Stagelights. It was sort of a blue purple red color and it looked frankly scary on my skin with my hair color (I was a very fair blonde, it looked better on dark haired olive complected girls) but I LOVED it and thought it look soooo chic...along with Cherries in the Snow and Fire and Ice lipstick by Revlon...what inspired your name?

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Oh, blueroses, I''m so sorry to hear about your car, on top of all of the other bad events this year.

It is definitely a violation, not to mention a hassle to get all of this squared away with your insurance company, the police, etc., and buying a new car to boot! I hope you''re able to accomplish this w/ a minimum of stress & salvage some time with your girls.

Your "Westward Ho" weekend sounds like a blast!
9.gif
Enjoy it--you deserve it!
10.gif

By the way, how do you like the acting scene in LA vs. NYC? What kind of work do you do? Sorry you missed your big audition...
7.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry!
8.gif

I hope they find the jerks who did this to you!

caligal

Shiny_Rock
Blueroses-

I am so sorry!!!
emsad.gif
My thoughts and prayers are being sent your way to uplift you! In the meantime... might I suggest a pint of ice-cream and a cosmopolitan?? Hang in there girl- do anything to get your mind off it! And ranting is good too!!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Those fcuking jerks! They totally cased you!
29.gif

Sometimes just when you think things can''t get any worse, they do - that''s why you''re preparing yourself for ''something else.'' But, you know what the truth is? You can''t do anything about it. Don''t get yourself worked up about the compilation of things that have happened and don''t think about the what if''s cause the other saying goes, once you''ve hit the bottom there''s nowhere to go but up! Hope your Westward Hos get you nice and liquored so you can take your mind off all this for a day. Anyway, sorry about your car - here''s hoping your insurance buys you something half worth the whole ordeal (hugs)!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
THANK YOU so much to Kaleigh, Jenn, Matatora, Blue824, IrishEyes, perry, Ally, Milly, teebee, Apple, Patty, msb700, hlmr, AChiO, icekid, dazedland, cute330xigrl, firegoddess, elephant, lop, ginger, diamondfan, BrightSpot, Angel7, caligal, and Erin!!!

I appreciate the empathy and good thoughts very much. THANK YOU
36.gif
36.gif

I have a bunch of stuff to sign and notarize for my insurance, so we''ll see. It could still turn up--the police didn''t think it was taken for parts, but rather transportation for other crimes--so we''ll see what shape it''s in if/when that happens.

So sorry to hear about the other thefts some of you have experienced!!

Anyway, I so appreciate all of the kind words--thank you so much, girls and guys!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results