shape
carat
color
clarity

My Asscher and the Marco button.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks lizz... it''s funny I feel like a proud parent... after all this time ogling all your stones... I put this one up and I can see it objectively and really start to love it. I loved it before because it was the ring FI bought for me. Now I love it because it''s a nice stone. *shrugs*... you never know what life will show you next. Or Irina... I''m still jazzed about that.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, as well you should be proud, you have a gorgeous asscher and you found it all by yourself before PS?? I had Storm holding my hand the whole way. You did a great job picking that stone. I can''t wait to see it in it''s new home. It''s going to be fabulous!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Thanks girls, i don''t know why didn''t we think of it before?
Now Gipsy go poke some vendors about availability of baguettes in your size
9.gif
. You do know the length?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2006 9:04:18 PM
Author: kaleigh
Gypsy, as well you should be proud, you have a gorgeous asscher and you found it all by yourself before PS?? I had Storm holding my hand the whole way. You did a great job picking that stone. I can''t wait to see it in it''s new home. It''s going to be fabulous!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

We found it. LOL. I found the spec ranges and found a couple of the jewelers he went to (including the one he bought from)... but he was the one who picked it out by sight. I wasn''t there for that.

But I have to admit 4 years ago finding specs for asschers was a PITA. It was a lot of guess work on my part. Taking what I could find on emerald cuts and adapting it to asschers was completely outside my realm of experience. I had also never seen one in person. That''s why it never occured to me to specify what types of corners I wanted-- or how that would relate to the windmills. I had only seen three pictures-- all online. One of a royal asscher, and the other two of antiique asschers. Believe me if I had known about Storm or PS at the time... lol. I would have been clinging to his hand like nobody''s business. You asscher is stunning!

Thanks for the compliments though. It''s nice to finally be satisfied with it. Can''t wait for the re-set either.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yikes sorry, you both found it. I didn''t read carefully enough. Saw the new setting and my eyes got glazed over, hehe.
3.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2006 10:00:48 PM
Author: kaleigh
Yikes sorry, you both found it. I didn't read carefully enough. Saw the new setting and my eyes got glazed over, hehe.
3.gif

Oh! I didn't mean it that way... just that because it was a joint project it's more special... and I don't want to take credit where credit isn't due.
5.gif

Didn't mean to sound like I was correcting you. That came out badly.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2006 9:45:12 PM
Author: Pricescope
Thanks girls, i don''t know why didn''t we think of it before?
Now Gipsy go poke some vendors about availability of baguettes in your size
9.gif
. You do know the length?

She says this because she knows I''m a terrier when it comes to hunting down info from vendors. Or in other words... A PITA.
9.gif

I was actually thinking about bugging Pete about it but thought it would be best not to waste his time until I am gainfully employed once again (maybe then my mother would deign to speak to me... threw a TOTAL hissy fit tonight when I told her I quit).

Also... Irina, NO I don''t know what size I would need in baguettes at all. My specs from the cert are all I have 5.87 X 5.86X 3.83. Is there anyway to figure it out from that?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2006 12:22:09 AM
Author: Gypsy
Thanks Diamondfan! Yeah... well... the mortgage come first... and the car payments... and well... while we have a nice cushion of savings I really am going to wait until I find the ''right'' job this time (within reasonable time period of course)... but with FI as a real estate agent... it''s been either feast of famine and we need to be responsible. *Sigh*

And really, I''ve had it for four years... what another few months. Plus it will give me time to find the right stone for this setting... so I can just send this ring in.. have them pull the diamond out, and replace it with the Richard Homer concave I am hoping will happen as soon as Wink gets back from Vegas... and that way my ring finger won''t be bare for the WEEKS it will take to have the setting custom made.

Things happen for a reason. I really do believe that.
9.gif

I am so not a patient girl, it drives me bonky to wait for things...but with something this special it is so worthwhile! The setting is simply to die for... And I love the name Layla, but understand how one can have issues about their name...growing up I hated mine and sometimes made one up if I felt inclined!!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2006 10:23:18 PM
Author: diamondfan

Date: 6/5/2006 12:22:09 AM
Thanks Diamondfan! Yeah... well... the mortgage come first... and the car payments... and well... while we have a nice cushion of savings I really am going to wait until I find the ''right'' job this time (within reasonable time period of course)... but with FI as a real estate agent... it''s been either feast of famine and we need to be responsible. *Sigh*

And really, I''ve had it for four years... what another few months. Plus it will give me time to find the right stone for this setting... so I can just send this ring in.. have them pull the diamond out, and replace it with the Richard Homer concave I am hoping will happen as soon as Wink gets back from Vegas... and that way my ring finger won''t be bare for the WEEKS it will take to have the setting custom made.

Things happen for a reason. I really do believe that.
9.gif

I am so not a patient girl, it drives me bonky to wait for things...but with something this special it is so worthwhile! The setting is simply to die for... And I love the name Layla, but understand how one can have issues about their name...growing up I hated mine and sometimes made one up if I felt inclined!!!!

I''m not terribly patient either, truth to tell. But I also don''t want to do anything that might make me regret my decision... making names up... I wanted to be either a Tiffany, a Stephanie, or a Brittany. Clearly, I had issues. LOL.

Already though... waiting has paid off (ring was going to be sent off Saturday morning--- packaged AGAIN) with Irina''s magic!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not to be a complete PITA... but how do I find out what length I would need for those 4 straight baguettes? My specs are posted on the previous page...
3.gif

klavigne

Shiny_Rock
Your jeweler can figure that our for you with a pair of calipers if he has the stone to measure off of.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2006 2:16:11 PM
Author: KPL
Your jeweler can figure that our for you with a pair of calipers if he has the stone to measure off of.

Hmmm. KPL''s probably right. The dimensions of the stone won''t tell the tale of how long the baquettes need to be ... you''d need to measure from the edge of one cut corner to another ... ooooh - I''m woozy.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
KPL: Thanks!

Deco!!! WOOZY? Are you feeling okay???

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2006 2:42:32 PM
Deco!!! WOOZY? Are you feeling okay???
LOL! Math & numbers & such always make my head hurt!!
9.gif
I can talk about design until my lips bleed from smackin'' together so much ... but a mere mention of digits
14.gif
26.gif
32.gif

I''ll recover.
2.gif
Page me back to this thread when the #-crunchin''s done!
3.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
1.gif
LOL! You scared me! I thought something was really wrong. Whew! Glad to know it was just the numbers that did it.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a little distraction that may help settle the gippy-tum....a DK ring with hearts added to the gallery. (gotta love those deep, high-crowned asschers!)

dp9isc.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s beautiful. Love that side view. If I wasn''t a flush fit freak (although I compromised a little with the surprise sapphires) I''d love something like that on my ring. But we should definitely show that to Isaku for her RHR...I''m not sure she knows what the side view of hers in going to look like.

Widget you like Art Deco stuff... do you think my setting will be art deco-ey enough?

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2006 6:57:14 PM
Widget you like Art Deco stuff... do you think my setting will be art deco-ey enough?
Gypsy...I think your ring is so classic....it's almost beyond "Deco", and will be as spectacular 200 years from now as it is would have been 80 years ago. Truly timeless!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I've been thinking about your project...when I saw pics of your stone, I thought (but didn't post) that yours would look better than the asscher in the picture you posted. Then Irina did her photoshop magic and proved me right!!!
9.gif

I hope hope hope that when the time comes, you can get an 8-baguette configuration, I just adore the that "seamless" look.

This masterpiece is DEFINITELY worth waiting for!!!!
3.gif

widget

ETA: When I posted the pic above, it wasn't because I especially liked the look (I MUCH prefer thel square sapphire surprise stones), but because I thought it was interesting...

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
That''s beautiful. Love that side view. If I wasn''t a flush fit freak (although I compromised a little with the surprise sapphires) I''d love something like that on my ring. But we should definitely show that to Isaku for her RHR...I''m not sure she knows what the side view of hers in going to look like.

Gypsy and widget...Saw this photo and tried to save it...but no luck
33.gif

Any suggestions????

widget

Ideal_Rock
Isaku....I have no idea why you should have any trouble saving it...
33.gif

widget

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2006 7:17:13 PM
Author: widget

Gypsy...I think your ring is so classic....it''s almost beyond ''Deco'', and will be as spectacular 200 years from now as it is would have been 80 years ago. Truly timeless!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I''ve been thinking about your project...when I saw pics of your stone, I thought (but didn''t post) that yours would look better than the asscher in the picture you posted. Then Irina did her photoshop magic and proved me right!!!
9.gif

I hope hope hope that when the time comes, you can get an 8-baguette configuration, I just adore the that ''seamless'' look.

3.gif

widget

ETA: When I posted the pic above, it wasn''t because I especially liked the look (I MUCH prefer thel square sapphire surprise stones), but because I thought it was interesting...

Okay... so I''m clearly being a drama queen...lol. Was so stressed today... applied to all the firms in Portland, Oregon that are the right seze and do land use law. Moving onto Seattle next, then Reno.

As for the setting. THAT was a lovely compliment. I''ll stop fishing now.
3.gif
I doubt I can get one nicer. As for the setting. Well the setting fund is intact and with Irinia''s adjustments and nixing the emerald project I have about $1000 cushion to spare... so as soon as land one of these jobs...the ring is OFF to the setter! I won''t set in in anything other than that setting. It''s the one I''ve been plotting and planning for... the one I''ve been saving for. SO... come hell or high water. LOL.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
That''s the spirit, Gypsy!!!! Find what you want and go for it! Applies in many situations.

Good luck finding a great job, and be careful of that knee.
Date: 6/6/2006 9:36:48 PM

Date: 6/6/2006 7:17:13 PM

Gypsy...I think your ring is so classic....it''s almost beyond ''Deco'', and will be as spectacular 200 years from now as it is would have been 80 years ago. Truly timeless!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I''ve been thinking about your project...when I saw pics of your stone, I thought (but didn''t post) that yours would look better than the asscher in the picture you posted. Then Irina did her photoshop magic and proved me right!!!
9.gif

I hope hope hope that when the time comes, you can get an 8-baguette configuration, I just adore the that ''seamless'' look.

3.gif

widget

ETA: When I posted the pic above, it wasn''t because I especially liked the look (I MUCH prefer thel square sapphire surprise stones), but because I thought it was interesting...

Okay... so I''m clearly being a drama queen...lol. Was so stressed today... applied to all the firms in Portland, Oregon that are the right seze and do land use law. Moving onto Seattle next, then Reno.

As for the setting. THAT was a lovely compliment. I''ll stop fishing now.
3.gif
I doubt I can get one nicer. As for the setting. Well the setting fund is intact and with Irinia''s adjustments and nixing the emerald project I have about $1000 cushion to spare... so as soon as land one of these jobs...the ring is OFF to the setter! I won''t set in in anything other than that setting. It''s the one I''ve been plotting and planning for... the one I''ve been saving for. SO... come hell or high water. LOL.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2006 8:00:30 PM
Isaku....I have no idea why you should have any trouble saving it...
33.gif

widget
Hi widget,

I don''t know either. When I put the mouse on a picture 4 icons appear (save, print.....), but with that one photo, nada.
8.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Isaku! Hiya. Have you tried right clicking on the picture?

As for my knee... the doctor confirmed that it''s a partial tear. Fortunately I won''t need surgery, but I have a brace that I have to keep on and it''s going to take about 2-3 months to heal. But the good news is that since I''ve been at home and off it it''s feeling TONS better and I''m walking around without the crutch finally!! I may even be able to wear heels to interviews soon!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Gypsy, the right click did the trick.
36.gif

Glad to hear that the rest your knee was crying for has helped.

Don''t rush it with your heels.
Hehe Now I''m sounding like your mother. Sorry.
35.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You don't sound like my mother... if you did you'd either be not talking or me to yelling at me right now.
20.gif
I appreciate the concern. I won't rush the heels, FI won't let me... but I got to tell you the orthopedic shoes I've been wearing are getting REALLY OLD, REALLY FAST. Especially for a person who owns over 70 pairs of shoes... all but three of them heels.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2006 1:17:44 PM
Not to be a complete PITA... but how do I find out what length I would need for those 4 straight baguettes? My specs are posted on the previous page...
3.gif
Gypsy it would be a peace of cake if only you can take straight down Marco Polo. If you can, just send me an original, not resized one.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay... ROFLMAO... so a straight down Macro shot of the stone. Not resized at all. How do I send it to you? (probably a stupid question)...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gotcha! Thanks Irina!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results