shape
carat
color
clarity

Mummy and Puppy - Honey and Lottie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
8/26/2008 8:56:52 AM

Author:
Maisie

I hope seeing photos of my girls didn''t make you sad. I can tell how much you loved your dogs. I hope that I will have the same warmth when I am around my dogs as you. They are a lovely blessing to me. I really love having them here. Cookie sounds adorable and very silly.. just like Lottie. Blosson is more solid and gentle, I love that in her. She just sticks my my side and keeps me company while I sit amidst the noise and chaos which is my house!

Is it possible for me to see some pics of your lovely pets, past and present?

Seeing pictures of your dogs makes me happy, Maisie! How could pictures of happy dogs in a loving home make a dog lover feel anything else? Pictures of James and the crate are too precious for words! Lottie is too silly and adorable for words! And Blossom reminds me my own love when he was young and healthy! Everything is good!

I lost my entire hard drive with all my software and all my photographs a couple of months ago from the computer which I used for almost everything. This weekend, which is a holiday weekend in the United States, I brought my software discs to reload software and my videocamera, which holds at least some photographs, to Virginia where my computer is. If I can get all the work done, I will try to post some photos of Biscuit and also some of the opal ring (see another thread in Hangout) I had made for my daughter''s 16th birthday.

Thank you for asking! Keep the news on your dogs coming, and the photos, too!

Hugs,
Deb
34.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel so awful just thinking about this, but poor Blossom probably had to fight for food at the breeders. The more strong willed bossy dogs probably gobbled it all up first. Maisie, does Blossom have everything of her own? Her own food bowl, water bowl, place to sleep, crate? She needs to know that she''s special to you and your family, and not part of a pack anymore.

Do you have them both on a good daily multi-vitamin? Their needs will be different for a while. Lottie will need puppy vitamins until she''s one and Blossom will need a good adult multi. Also, a good all natural (high in protein) dog food is best if you have those in the UK, and snacks can be things like Cheerios (oats are very good for them), bananas, apples and carrots. You don''t want her to just gain weight, you want her to gain healthy muscle, not fat. Get all of the nutrious stuff into her that you can. Just give her three or four months and I''ll bet she''ll look completely different.

To check Blossom''s weight gaining progress until you get to the Vet, have your husband weigh himself, then have him weigh himself holding Blossom if he can pick her up. Substract the two and that''s what she weighs. We did this every month while Bella was growing up. She was so tiny and skinny when we brought her home. My husband used to make awful fun of her because she could do things like walk through the vertical railings of our backyard fence and walk through our stairway railings.
She was so small and skinny, she could slip through practically anything. She''s beefed up now, but it took her until 2 1/2 or so to do it.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wrote a long response to gemgirl that my computer ate. I am so disgusted! I don''t have the strength to rewrite it now! I am so angry that I didn''t just make a copy of it before I hit, "submit"!

Deborah
34.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good on you for giving Honey a home.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2008 5:44:24 PM
Author: bee*
Oh Maisie-she''s beautiful!! What a lucky dog to land in your home. Enjoy your two new pups!
Thank you Bee! I hope she brings us as much joy as Amber brings you!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2008 6:22:52 PM
Author: AGBF

Date:
8/26/2008 8:56:52 AM

Author:
Maisie

I hope seeing photos of my girls didn''t make you sad. I can tell how much you loved your dogs. I hope that I will have the same warmth when I am around my dogs as you. They are a lovely blessing to me. I really love having them here. Cookie sounds adorable and very silly.. just like Lottie. Blosson is more solid and gentle, I love that in her. She just sticks my my side and keeps me company while I sit amidst the noise and chaos which is my house!

Is it possible for me to see some pics of your lovely pets, past and present?

Seeing pictures of your dogs makes me happy, Maisie! How could pictures of happy dogs in a loving home make a dog lover feel anything else? Pictures of James and the crate are too precious for words! Lottie is too silly and adorable for words! And Blossom reminds me my own love when he was young and healthy! Everything is good!

I lost my entire hard drive with all my software and all my photographs a couple of months ago from the computer which I used for almost everything. This weekend, which is a holiday weekend in the United States, I brought my software discs to reload software and my videocamera, which holds at least some photographs, to Virginia where my computer is. If I can get all the work done, I will try to post some photos of Biscuit and also some of the opal ring (see another thread in Hangout) I had made for my daughter''s 16th birthday.

Thank you for asking! Keep the news on your dogs coming, and the photos, too!

Hugs,
Deb
34.gif

I will keep the news coming. I really hope you can upload some pictures. I really love seeing peoples pets! And the Opal ring! How exciting! My friend used to have an Opal ring when we were kids and I was always very jealous of it. They are so pretty.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
We saw how the dogs were fed when we were there picking Blossom up. The breeder would put the food in a large trough in the compound and they would just go at it. She is so shy and nervous I don't suppose she got much to eat at all. It is heartbreaking.

She has her own things here but she does share a bed with the puppy. They both sleep snuggled up together. She gets a lot of attention and love, and two walks a day. She is starting to come out of her shell. Its lovely to see her being silly with Lottie. Our kids adore both dogs. They have settled in so well, its like they have always been here!

We tried to weigh Blossom but our scales are digital and they wouldn't weigh them together. Not sure why. Was a brilliant idea though!
1.gif

I hate it when posts get lost Deb! It drives me nuts!! I try to save my post before I hit submit, just in case!

Thank you Harriet. Am I right in thinking you have a dog too?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
8/31/2008 10:46:03 AM

Author:
Maisie

I really hope you can upload some pictures. I really love seeing peoples pets!

I do not know how to extricate a picture from a thread without my photographic software, although Skippy found a picture on a Cocker Spaniel rescue site of my daughter with Cookie and posted it in a thread for me. (Skippy is such a blessing! She is truly Pricescope''s good angel!)

All I can do is link you to a thread about me that has a photo of my daughter and Biscuit when they were both very young. As you know, he is now deceased and she is now 16! Maybe Skippy can extricate this photo, too! Otherwise you can learn all about me while searching high and low for a photo of my dog...what a treat! Who would want to miss that? ;-)

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/who-s-who/agbf-a-girl-s-best-friend-t10088.html

Deborah
34.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here you go Deb, here is the pic of your beautiful daughter and dear Biscuit.

agbfbiscuit.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A bit smaller....

agbfbiscuitreduce.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei,

Thank you so very much! You are a true friend! I really appreciate your doing that for me!!!

Hugs,
Deb
34.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/31/2008 11:21:09 AM

Lorelei,

Thank you so very much! You are a true friend! I really appreciate your doing that for me!!!

Hugs,
Deb
34.gif
Deb, you are MOST welcome and I am honoured to be able to do that for you!!
emrose.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
You beat me to it Bruddah! I went looking for the photo, saved it, then started reading Deb''s thread! Biscuit was a handsome boy!!! Its a gorgeous picture!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/31/2008 11:25:20 AM
Author: Maisie
You beat me to it Bruddah! I went looking for the photo, saved it, then started reading Deb's thread! Biscuit was a handsome boy!!! Its a gorgeous picture!

I thank you, too, Maisie. You gals are truly family! I feel like crying :).

Love,
Deb
34.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/31/2008 11:28:23 AM

Date: 8/31/2008 11:25:20 AM
You beat me to it Bruddah! I went looking for the photo, saved it, then started reading Deb''s thread! Biscuit was a handsome boy!!! Its a gorgeous picture!

I thank you, too, Maisie. You gals are truly family! I feel like crying :).

Love,
Deb
34.gif
9.gif
Great minds and all that Bruddah!! Deb, we are so lucky here, I really do feel like we are all one big family - it is such a special feeling!!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have any advice on the subject, but those dogs are gorgeous! Have fun loving them!!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei,

What a beautiful daughter you have. I love that picture!

Note to self: when we have kids, we need to do a picture with the furbabies and the kiddos.

Too sweet!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
8/31/2008 11:43:53 AM

Author:
fisherofmengirly

Lorelei,

What a beautiful daughter you have. I love that picture!

fisherofmengirly, I believe that it is the picture of my daughter and deceased Lab (a photo now about 9 years old) that you were commenting on...and I thank you for your kind words. Lorelei took the photo out of another thread and posted it here for me.

Deborah
34.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
We had Blossom for her check up at the vets today. We were concerned because she has small red sores on her joints. It turns out they are pressure sores from lying on the concrete floor in the compound.
29.gif

I am so annoyed that she earned them around £4000 for each of her litters (approx $8000) yet they couldn''t make sure she had a bed to sleep on. Also she is younger than we were told and it would appear that she was probably bred every time she came into season.

She has lots of black gunk in her ears so they need to be cleaned out twice a day. And she weighs 59lbs. The vet said she needs to put some weight on but not too much as Labs have a tendency to become overweight.

My last gripe is that the breeder told us all their dogs are micro-chipped, but Blossom isn''t! I don''t mind paying for it, its just annoying that they lied!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/1/2008 3:26:24 PM
We had Blossom for her check up at the vets today. We were concerned because she has small red sores on her joints. It turns out they are pressure sores from lying on the concrete floor in the compound.
29.gif

I am so annoyed that she earned them around £4000 for each of her litters (approx $8000) yet they couldn''t make sure she had a bed to sleep on. Also she is younger than we were told and it would appear that she was probably bred every time she came into season.

She has lots of black gunk in her ears so they need to be cleaned out twice a day. And she weighs 59lbs. The vet said she needs to put some weight on but not too much as Labs have a tendency to become overweight.

My last gripe is that the breeder told us all their dogs are micro-chipped, but Blossom isn''t! I don''t mind paying for it, its just annoying that they lied!
Oh Maisie, those breeder people should be made to feel as uncomfortable when they sleep as their dogs were. Can you imagine sleeping on concrete? That''s just really horrible. Poor Blossom. Did they give you anything for her poor elbows? An antibiotic ointment, something to soothe it? Give that girl a nice old blanket or comforter to sleep on. Scrunch it up and make her a "princess and the pea" bed to relieve those pressure points. That''s what my husband calls them. I put lots of soft bedding on top of those quilted sherpa dog mats inside my dogs crates. Then they have those donut dog beds upstairs and down in the family room to nap in.

Bella is so funny. She takes one of those donut dog beds and squshes it and mushes it until she gets the puffiness in just the right spot, then she lays down in it!

Lots of love and attention. That''s what Blossom needs!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blossom is lucky not to be living with such a bad breeder anymore! Just for starters, a good breeder would feed each dog in their own space from their own bowl so that each dog would get the right amount of food to maintain a healthy weight! I cannot believe that she had to fight for her food!
29.gif

If she was bred so much is such a short time, then I am also not surprised that she is run down and a little depressed... it takes so much out of them to be bred so much! Even once a year can be too much, IMHO, but twice a year is aweful!

Have you had Lottie checked for worms etc.? It is possible that since the breeder lied about the chipping she also lied about what treatments the puppies received before being sold, so it may be good to check extra carefully to make sure that Lottie is up-to-date on her shots and de-worming.

I am so glad that both of these dogs are with such a wonderful family now! They are lucky and will love long and happy lives!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
The vet didn''t give us anything for the sores. She said they will heal really quickly now she isn''t sleeping on concrete anymore. It just breaks my heart to think of her in that situation. The only reprieve she would have got from that was when she had her puppies. They are moved to a special building when they are due to give birth.

We took Lottie for her first vaccination last week. She has two more visits to go before she is fully innoculated. The worming was done in front of us so we know they were honest about that. She is chipped too, the vet checked that when we were there.

We have comfy beds for the dogs in both downstairs rooms. We don''t allow them upstairs. Our bedroom is downstairs so we can keep an ear out for them, just incase they need us through the night. I am so glad we have them here with us. Its awful to think how badly they treated Blossom.
7.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/2/2008 5:29:28 AM
The vet didn't give us anything for the sores. She said they will heal really quickly now she isn't sleeping on concrete anymore. It just breaks my heart to think of her in that situation. The only reprieve she would have got from that was when she had her puppies. They are moved to a special building when they are due to give birth.

We took Lottie for her first vaccination last week. She has two more visits to go before she is fully innoculated. The worming was done in front of us so we know they were honest about that. She is chipped too, the vet checked that when we were there.

We have comfy beds for the dogs in both downstairs rooms. We don't allow them upstairs. Our bedroom is downstairs so we can keep an ear out for them, just incase they need us through the night. I am so glad we have them here with us. Its awful to think how badly they treated Blossom.
7.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
My blood is boiling right now. Thank goodness you have Blossom now Bruddah, she has lots of happy days to look forward to!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/2/2008 5:46:20 AM
Author: Lorelei

The vet didn''t give us anything for the sores. She said they will heal really quickly now she isn''t sleeping on concrete anymore. It just breaks my heart to think of her in that situation. The only reprieve she would have got from that was when she had her puppies. They are moved to a special building when they are due to give birth.

We have comfy beds for the dogs in both downstairs rooms. We don''t allow them upstairs. Our bedroom is downstairs so we can keep an ear out for them, just incase they need us through the night. I am so glad we have them here with us. Its awful to think how badly they treated Blossom.
7.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
My blood is boiling right now. Thank goodness you have Blossom now Bruddah, she has lots of happy days to look forward to!
I''m with Lorelei, I got up this morning and I was still angry about Blossom sleeping on concrete. Sure they moved them somewhere else when they were due to give birth. It meant money to them! Rotten people!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/2/2008 8:30:37 AM
Author: gemgirl

Date: 9/2/2008 5:46:20 AM
Author: Lorelei

7.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
I''m with Lorelei, I got up this morning and I was still angry about Blossom sleeping on concrete. Sure they moved them somewhere else when they were due to give birth. It meant money to them! Rotten people!
I would do the bloody same to them and then some!
29.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am still annoyed too. I remember her face looking out at me when I walked past to look at the puppies. The breeder pointed her out and told us she was the mother. I was thinking how pretty she was and that the pups would be gorgeous with a mother like her. I didn''t really notice the compound they were in at that time. It was only when we went the second time that I realised how awful it looked in there. She must have been really nervous being put in there with another 12+ dogs.

I am still unhappy with them feeding them in a trough. The breeder was even laughing saying ''if they aren''t quick they get nowt''....
29.gif

I knew then that I wasn''t going to leave her there.

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
Poor thing
38.gif

How could they?
29.gif

I am so glad she is in a loving home now. You are wonderful to do that.

Mrs.2Artists

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results