shape
carat
color
clarity

Mummy and Puppy - Honey and Lottie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Sarah!! My family is complete!! Well unless I can get a horse of course!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I meant to ask Bruddah... do you have dogs? If so tell me all about them!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE that name.!!!!!!
30.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well if Blossom would go frolic in the park with you then she is already doing better than Dreamer was when we brought her home! So that is awesome!
36.gif
Although she may always be fearful or hesitant around strangers, in no time she will warm up completely to her new family and she will go play with the kids for sure! Dreamer loves us to death and is wonderful with people she knows, and now when we go on walks she doesn''t panic when strangers want to pet her, she just keeps a little distance. She evn lets little kids pet her and will take treats from them, so no matter how shy your dog is there is always hope! It will all get better over time, and Blossom sounds like a lovely dog!

LOL about Lottie chewing things... I remember that phase so well... it gets better after about 6 months!
23.gif
You are doing the right thing it sounds like. You may want to crate her when you aren''t around, if you don''t do so already. Even left in a gated area like a kitchen there may be tempting things to chew: like the bottom of your cabinets, or chair legs
20.gif
Anything really! And in another month her teeth will really be able to do damage. My friends'' Jack Russell chewed through their couch! I am not kidding! So did my friend''s golden retriever. So keeping her confined to her den when you aren''t home will minimize the damage and protect her from getting hurt (e.g., by pulling a bookcase down on top of herself!). A rule of thumb for crating is 1 hour per month of life, but some pups can go a little longer without needing a pee break. By 6-8 months she will be over the chew phase and you can leave her in a larger space, like the kitchen or something.

If she has certain objects she likes to chew that are off limits, you can try putting a little Tabasco on the object and that will get her off it fast! There is also a spray called bitter apple that works well. Both are natural and harmless, just unpleasant for the dogs
14.gif
. And I know this is mean, but the looks on their faces when they lick the bitter apple is really cute. Like they licked a bitter apple! haha

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Linda! We are hoping that over time she will ''blossom'' into a happy contented dog. So thats her new name!

DD thank you so much for all your advice! Its brilliant to have someone who has been there/done that! I should make less mistakes this way!!

I already adore Blossom. I see such potential in her. The puppy is fab too but its hard to get close to her at the minute. She is so feisty and fast!

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
What a great way to describe her as seeing such potential in her I love that. And Blossom is such a happy positive name. Thank you for posting the pics of the lovely pair.

Mrs.2Artists

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Mrs.2.Artists! Here are some more pictures of the girls together
30.gif

blossomlottiesleepy.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

blossomsleepy.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
And the cutie posing!

lottiecutie.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last one
1.gif
My favourite!

lottiemum.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/25/2008 4:42:41 PM
Author: Maisie
I meant to ask Bruddah... do you have dogs? If so tell me all about them!
I don't have any dogs at the moment Bruddah, we lost our last chappie early 2002 and haven't had another since, but one day I will get another one - I love German Shepherds so that is the breed we would go for or a Golden Retriever. Our last dog was a lab/ dobermann cross and unfortunately he was deaf, but we taught him hand signals, he was so smart, he would come to you if you crooked your finger and would halt if you made the halt hand sign so he could see it, we could easily direct him with gestures.

Blossom looks really content bless her!! That last one with Lottie.....
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I bet James is in his element Bruddah with the doggies!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw I''m sorry you lost your friend Bruddah. I hope you find another little furry to share your life with.

Dogs are so clever aren''t they. Its amazing how much you can teach them if you want to take the time. I think Blossom is going to be a smart girl, not sure about Lottie yet.. She is just a little rat bag at the minute! We often see her walking past the door dragging some item of clothing or a shoe!

James is definitely in his element! He is very careful with the puppy - I wish she was as careful with him! She nipped his bottom while he was running yesterday and made a hole in his pyjama bottoms!

He went up to Lottie before when she was asleep and pushed her nose gently and went ''beep'' lol!
9.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maisie, The girls are just gorgeous together! As you may (or may not) remember, the dog I lost in January was a yellow Lab, so seeing these photos truly brought warm feelings flooding over me. OK, OK, all doggie pictures do that to me anyway...but sweet pictures of yellow Labs seem to do it even more. And then, of course, there are Golden Retrievers...the dog before Biscuit that I had for 13 years was a Golden.... But I digress. Your girls are cute, cute, cute!!! Enjoy!

Hugs,
Deb
34.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/26/2008 7:08:23 AM
Aw I''m sorry you lost your friend Bruddah. I hope you find another little furry to share your life with.

Dogs are so clever aren''t they. Its amazing how much you can teach them if you want to take the time. I think Blossom is going to be a smart girl, not sure about Lottie yet.. She is just a little rat bag at the minute! We often see her walking past the door dragging some item of clothing or a shoe!

James is definitely in his element! He is very careful with the puppy - I wish she was as careful with him! She nipped his bottom while he was running yesterday and made a hole in his pyjama bottoms!

He went up to Lottie before when she was asleep and pushed her nose gently and went ''beep'' lol!
9.gif
They are amazing Bruddah! Lottie is a little stinker nipping James'' bottom! LOL @ beep!!
31.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2008 7:48:23 AM
Author: AGBF

Maisie, The girls are just gorgeous together! As you may (or may not) remember, the dog I lost in January was a yellow Lab, so seeing these photos truly brought warm feelings flooding over me. OK, OK, all doggie pictures do that to me anyway...but sweet pictures of yellow Labs seem to do it even more. And then, of course, there are Golden Retrievers...the dog before Biscuit that I had for 13 years was a Golden.... But I digress. Your girls are cute, cute, cute!!! Enjoy!

Hugs,
Deb
34.gif
Hi Deb,

I hope seeing photos of my girls didn''t make you sad. I can tell how much you loved your dogs. I hope that I will have the same warmth when I am around my dogs as you. They are a lovely blessing to me. I really love having them here. Cookie sounds adorable and very silly.. just like Lottie. Blosson is more solid and gentle, I love that in her. She just sticks my my side and keeps me company while I sit amidst the noise and chaos which is my house!

Is it possible for me to see some pics of your lovely pets, past and present?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bruddah, it sounds as if Blossom has really taken to you! I am so delighted, she is going to be a very special dog!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are right Bruddah! She is going to be my best friend!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bump for my Bruddah, how is it going with the doggies??
9.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey my Bruddah! Things are going very well. Blossom is gorgeous and a real sweetheart. Lottie is a little git who can''t leave things alone! I love her though.. its so hard to tell her off when she is so cute.

We started basic training yesterday and we have already mastered ''sit''.
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/30/2008 8:56:13 AM
Hey my Bruddah! Things are going very well. Blossom is gorgeous and a real sweetheart. Lottie is a little git who can''t leave things alone! I love her though.. its so hard to tell her off when she is so cute.

We started basic training yesterday and we have already mastered ''sit''.
9.gif
Excellent news! Sounds like Blossom is settling in well and as for Miss Lottie....little git indeed!!!!!
31.gif
30.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
We took Blossom to the beach the other day. She loved running up and down with the kids. She seems to get tired really easily. I think she mustn''t be used to getting out much for a proper walk. She is gaining weight though. Poor girl mustn''t have been able to get much food with all the other dogs. Bless her.

Well, she is home now
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/30/2008 9:10:31 AM
We took Blossom to the beach the other day. She loved running up and down with the kids. She seems to get tired really easily. I think she mustn''t be used to getting out much for a proper walk. She is gaining weight though. Poor girl mustn''t have been able to get much food with all the other dogs. Bless her.

Well, she is home now
1.gif
She will get fitter and healthier Bruddah, as she is in a lovely home now, good food and exercise and a bit of time will be all she needs!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Definitely! She will definitely thrive here. Its lovely in my house
9.gif

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
maisie, congratulations on your newest family members. they are both beautiful.

i have a full grown yellow female lab and she weighs 68lbs. from your pix, the mommy doesn''t look to be underweight, but i have to say her paw are huge. do you know how much she weighs right now? (sorry if i missed it in a previous post)

my lab is a canine vacuum. she will suck up any food in her way if you blink!!!! my kids walk with their plates up high, otherwise she can be so fast and suck it right off as you pass, then you sit and say where did my food go?

again, good luck!!!!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Eva

I don''t know what Blossom weighs, but I can tell she has gained some weight over the past week. She looked rather skinney on her back end when we picked her up, and the breeder said she was a bit thin after having her pups. I am taking her to the vets for a check up soon, so I will find out what her weight is.

She doesn''t try to take food yet, but she does give a good sniff around when its meal time. I just say ''leave it'' and she walks away. I don''t want her to take food from my youngest son so we put him in his high chair when he eats anything. I don''t think he would be too happy if she sneaked off with his biscuit!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
THEY ARE SO BEAUTIFUL. Bless your heart for taking them both in. I have no advice, just tons of warmth and well wishes for you and your new furbabies!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww, Blossom is a beauty and I''m so glad you took her home! Poor little skinny scared thing! I''m sure she''ll gain more weight and more energy soon!

Lottie is adorable as always, and she sounds hilariously naughty! Puppies are so much work and they''re so bad!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2008 10:52:46 AM
Author: Haven
THEY ARE SO BEAUTIFUL. Bless your heart for taking them both in. I have no advice, just tons of warmth and well wishes for you and your new furbabies!
Thank you Haven! How is Bailee settling in?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2008 12:15:39 PM
Author: thing2of2
Awww, Blossom is a beauty and I''m so glad you took her home! Poor little skinny scared thing! I''m sure she''ll gain more weight and more energy soon!

Lottie is adorable as always, and she sounds hilariously naughty! Puppies are so much work and they''re so bad!
Oh she is very bad! She tried to chew a hole in the wall today - and was attempting to drag the washing machine out of its place! Mad little girl! Blossom actually played with the pup this afternoon. It was funny watching them rushing around on the wooden floor! Legs everywhere!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Maisie-she''s beautiful!! What a lucky dog to land in your home. Enjoy your two new pups!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results