shape
carat
color
clarity

Movies that left you SPEECHLESS...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Miracles, I love a lot of yours...

Braveheart
Dave

I also love the Fugitive with Harrison Ford

there were a ton of your list that I love too!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Miracle, I love your list! Last year I literally watched Love Actually every day for a month. I just couldn't get over it
30.gif

DiamondFan, Wedding Crashers had me wheezing from laughing too much. It's special to me too because it's the first movie I saw with FI
1.gif

Another movie that left me speechless was Raise the Red Lantern. It makes me feel lucky about when and where I was born at.

hairgirl95

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/5/2008 2:28:19 AM
Author: choro72
Miracle, I love your list! Last year I literally watched Love Actually every day for a month. I just couldn''t get over it
30.gif

DiamondFan, Wedding Crashers had me wheezing from laughing too much. It''s special to me too because it''s the first movie I saw with FI
1.gif

Another movie that left me speechless was Raise the Red Lantern. It makes me feel lucky about when and where I was born at.

Ahhhhhh Love Actually---one of my all time faves! I bought the DVD, somehow LOST it in the gift wrapping on christmas morning when showing it to my sister, and went right out the next day to re-purchase it! I am surprised I haven''t worn it out from watching it. Such a great flick. Turned me on to the music of Bay City Rollers too.

Heres a "speechless" in a both good and bad way movie(s) for all of you--What about the SAW series? Me personally, I am one of the fools in the theater watching the midnight showing when it comes out. I love the twisted weird psycho-ness of the series. My hubs and I both walk out of those movies speechless--because we can''t believe how the whole story ties together, how twisted it is, and how they leave it wide open for the next in the series. I am awed at how they keep the action going over so many sequels. Count it in the love it speechless category for me!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deep Impact upset me so much, but Armageddon was one of my favorite movies of all time!

LOVED Ghost, it was so special, I was in tears.

I also loved Animal House and definitely have to watch it anytime it is on television.

Grease One is amazing too, really a lot of fun.
Raiders of the Lost Ark, the first one, was terrific fun.

Star Wars was amazing back in the day, whole concept, characters etc...

portia

Brilliant_Rock

Vanilla Sky and Eyes Wide Shut... big HUH for me, but not in a bad way.

I really liked No Country For Old Men even though I had the Huh? moment at the end. I thought the Coen brothers did a masterful job and Javier Bardem was incredible! Also loved American Beauty! Great film.

Before The Devil Knows You''re Dead. - That one was more of a ''Whooaaa!'' It just went to a dark place, but I liked it.

I also liked American Psycho... DH and I like dark movies.

I guess I like going HUH? at the end of a movie and then have good conversation with others about what they thought it was about. Makes you think.

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
The awfulness of it is just so yummy...

Showgirls

I almost forgot the not so yummy...

Pier Pasolini's 1975 film Salò (or The 120 Days of Sodom)

Salò was so uncomfortable-making that the NYC theater I saw it in started to smell of B.O. as the film wore on. The audience was that squirmy.

Un Chien Andalou (1929)

I've heard that The Cook the Thief His Wife & Her Lover is a mindbender, but haven't seen it.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/5/2008 3:35:16 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Oh.. speechless and tearful? Hotel Rwanda..
I keep forgetting to watch this. I have to tell FI to add it to our cue.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I came home from that movie, sat down on the corner of my bed to turn on my bedside light and just started balling my eyes out for 30 minutes. I just couldn''t understand why humans have to be like this to other humans. It was one of the moments that lead me to the activism that I am now involved in so deeply.

I swore I would never watch that movie again, but it already left an imprint in my psyche that I can shake.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
The movie endings that left me speechless(in a good way)were 1989s Dead Poets Society and Glory(also 1989)real tear jerker endings.

mrm

Shiny_Rock
Dangerous beauty: This was a period film about a concubine in Venice and her love affair, the ending made me cry. It is really beautiful and it was on my mind for a long time after I saw it.

Brazen.... I just had to agree and say that Dangerous Beauty is my all time favorite movie! And I cannot think of one female who has watched it that has not loved it!!!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2008 4:05:06 PM
Date: 8/5/2008 4:03:30 PM

Author: choro72

I keep forgetting to watch this. I have to tell FI to add it to our cue.

I also want to see Shindler''s List. I understand its quite powerful.
5.gif
I think thought provoking movies are good for my kids, too.. we''ve watched a few of those.

Oh my word... Everyone should see schindler''s list. That movie shook me to the core.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I thought of another that really was moving - Roman Polansky''s - The Pianist. That one got me.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2008 11:20:45 AM
Author: joflier
Oh, I thought of another that really was moving - Roman Polansky''s - The Pianist. That one got me.
I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN!Ihad to watch the edited version for a film class and even the edited version(edited for violence)was still un-settling and bottered me for a day or two after wards...i cant view mans inhumanity to man.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2008 4:44:31 PM
Author: miraclesrule

Date: 8/4/2008 4:38:24 PM
Author: sunnyd

Date: 8/4/2008 4:36:38 PM
Author: miraclesrule
FF owns Requiem, and I''m curious to see it, but everytime I suggest it, he says no. Now I''m thinking I could do without it?
32.gif
It''s actually a very good movie sunnyd. It is disturbing for the scenes and the drugs, but the acting is superb!! The analogy between legal and illegal drugs is extremely well done. Ellen Burstyn (?) should have received an Academy Award for her role.
Big fat Ditto! This was one of my first encounters with her, she was incredible in this film.
I agree Sunny - it is depressing, but absolutely worth seeing at least once!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2008 5:42:38 PM
Author: FrekeChild

Date: 8/4/2008 5:33:15 PM
Author: sunnyd

Oh yeah. I'm still kinda surprised that she did this movie. Isn't she a romantic comedy type?!
Not really. Jennifer Connelly imdb The movies I think of when I think of her are Beautiful Mind, Labyrinth, Requiem for a Dream, Blood Diamond, Dark City, and Hulk. She's not your run of the mill romantic comedy kind of chick. Brilliant actress though.
I love Connelly, she was also awesome in Requeim, and Labryinth is one of my faves of all time.

Oh and speaking of Labryinth, I think the Dark Crystal deserves a mention. Definatlely left me in awe as a kid!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Oh, another one - not really speechless, but great movie - Shawshank Redemption.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2008 3:23:40 PM
Author: Ninama

I''ve heard that The Cook the Thief His Wife & Her Lover is a mindbender, but haven''t seen it.

I saw The Cook, The Thief, etc. in my freshman year, first semester of college, on a date. Holy crap, I still remember walking out of the theater with my boyfriend, both of us saying "What the F___ was THAT?" I''m much more into indie movie wackiness now, and might be able to get through it, but my memories of it being so bizarre are just way too strong. Bleh.

I have to say, I generally love Coen Brothers movies (Fargo, Oh Brother Where Art Thou, Raising Arizona) but I was baffled by The Big Lebowski the first time I saw it (probably didn''t help that I fell asleep halfway through). But DH made me watch it again with him, and now I love it too. We live near where they filmed the scattering of Donnie''s ashes, which cracks me up every time I see it.

I don''t think I''ve seen a single David Lynch movie that doesn''t need a viewer''s guide of some sort (in fact, there are some on Salon.com for Donnie Darko and Mulholland Drive) but I love the atmosphere of his movies and will watch them over and over until I "get" it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results