shape
carat
color
clarity

Mourning for a pet?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Circe my friend I am so sorry about your loss.Pet loss is not easy to deal with.Pets are with us 24 hours a day and accept us in any mood and they love as the way we are.Its more than one can ask for.
At least you can truly say you have done your very best and there was no more you could have possibly done.You have my sympathy.
What may help you is reading books on how to deal with a loss of a pet.Check your library and see what they have.I hope you will find a book that will help you out.
As for getting another kitten I am not sure how you feel about it.It helps some people , but not everyone is ready for that.
I think its best you don''t do anything until you know what''s right.
Again very sorry and sending you lots of good wishes.

matildawong

Shiny_Rock
Hi Circe, I am so very sorry for your loss.

I lost my cat in May and the people here on PS were so wonderful and supportive. I posted a lot. My girl had to be put down after a slow decline. I thought I would need to grieve alone but after just a few weeks I couldn''t stand the cat-loneliness and I adopted an adult cat.

I''ll be thinking of you. Be good to yourself as you grieve.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
All of y''all who recommended that I think about Gypsy''s stalker gave me a little bit of a start: Gypsy was my cat''s name! And then I realized you meant the other thread. Funnily enough, one of the few "things" I''d want in a new cat is that she be, a) a she, and b) part Siamese like my Gypsy (I like the talky friendliness). Alas, we''re in SoCal. Bah.

My apologies for disappearing from the thread for a while: I''ve been reading along, but all throughout yesterday, I was basically just ... a mess: I kept thinking, "A week ago right now, she was fine. A week ago right now, she was seizing. A week ago right now, she was ____." It was a pretty miserable day. Somewhere around the time where I passed the actual "anniversary" moment, I calmed down a little, but, still, decidedly ungood. One of the worst parts is that I''m a recent SoCal transplant, and my husband''s away on business, so ... hi, empty house! How *you* doin''? Also, having to talk to the crematorium and receiving the vet bill = not helping.

Haven, I think we cross-posted - I am so very sorry to have raised sad memories, but thank you for sharing about your Mazi. It''s not me-me-me at all: it makes me feel better to know I''m not a weirdo for taking it so hard. My girl was very like yours, always very close, always sleeping next to me, always near me during the course of the day, to the point that my husband used to call her my "guard-cat": he could always tell where I was in the house by where she''d be waiting.

Steel, thank you. Your words really helped. That *is* a good way to think of it.

Thank you so much to ALL of you, for your own stories, and for your advice, and for your general niceness: reading over your comments has me a little weepy again, or I''d respond more individually, but I do thank each and every one of you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results