shape
carat
color
clarity

Modern Halo spinel ring or Antique Russian FCD ring?

Which project design would you undertake first?

• Modern bespoke halo for a 4 carat lavender blue spinel, possibly in an East / West design.

Votes: 25 78.1%
  • Antique Russian plain metal design containing 4 small coloured diamonds.

Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
That size seems like it would be just fine. I'd not do too much of a bezel, though. Jmo.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A quick question for those who still check in here: what do you think of having same sized melee for the halo versus (very slightly) graduating sized melees? I am getting a little into the nuts and bolts of the design now and would like some input.

Vendor 1: halo made up of 1.1 mm to 1.2 mm melees. Shank will have 1.25 mm to 1.3 mm melees.
Vendor 2: halo made up of slightly graduating melees from 1.1 mm to 1.4 mm. Shank will have finer melees of 1.1 mm to 1.2 mm.

Obviously these are 2 totally opposite looks. Which do you think will look nicer? Should I take pose this question in RT?

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I can't really picture it. Do you have any images that demonstrate what you're considering?

I love a graduated halo but I usually only think of them on curvy shapes - pear, oval, or round.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately, there are no pictures as I am only just starting the design process. I have not even selected a vendor as yet but have narrowed it down to 2. The problem is that both proposed somewhat opposing ideas. The stone for the halo is an oval, which is a curvy shape so I think graduated diamonds might look all right but it is definitely a different look from a same width halo.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Where will the larger stones be located, Chrono? Sides or top/bottom? And would you like to accentuate the oval or downplay it?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They get larger at the East and West sides, smaller in the center (NS). I don't mind playing up or down the oval shape.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results