shape
carat
color
clarity

Mini Upgrade - GOG stone & Facets Duo

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

3shebabes

Shiny_Rock
Yippee! You got a great appraisal on both! Good news! Not surprising -- but good news to know for sure...

Still admiring your ring pics daily. I just love them! Have you gotten many compliments so far? This style of set is so over-the-top blingy and that is what I just couldn''t resist about it, personally! Has your hubby been able to see pics of it yet - by email? I hope so. I hope he can see how gorgeous it is and know how excited you are to wear them. If he hasn''t been able to see pictures yet, I know you''ll enjoy showing them off to him when he visits in March.

If you''ve been getting comments or compliments about your new rings as you go about your day, share them with me! I''d love to hear about it. Of course you know I''m attempting to live vicariously through you, in your diamond-induced ecstasy, until my own set is ready...

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful set! Congratulations!

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/9/2008 11:38:50 PM
Author: 3shebabes
Yippee! You got a great appraisal on both! Good news! Not surprising -- but good news to know for sure...

Still admiring your ring pics daily. I just love them! Have you gotten many compliments so far? This style of set is so over-the-top blingy and that is what I just couldn't resist about it, personally! Has your hubby been able to see pics of it yet - by email? I hope so. I hope he can see how gorgeous it is and know how excited you are to wear them. If he hasn't been able to see pictures yet, I know you'll enjoy showing them off to him when he visits in March.

If you've been getting comments or compliments about your new rings as you go about your day, share them with me! I'd love to hear about it. Of course you know I'm attempting to live vicariously through you, in your diamond-induced ecstasy, until my own set is ready...
I haven't really been out an about to have many people notice my bling, lol! The few places I have gone over the past few days, I have gotten compliments. I don't know if it's just me, but I get the most compliments from the baristas at the local coffee shops! I have this one I go to almost every day. All the young girls in there just drooled over my old ring. When I showed up one day sans the ring, of course they wanted to know where it was! They couldn't quite understand why in the world I wanted to upgrade, but they have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of the new one. To be honest, 3shebabes, I am having a hard time showing it off just yet. I am still not that comfortable with the head! Once I get it reset the way I want it, then I will be out there showing it off! The couple that were in the appraisers office to view their GOG were there to view a smaller Solasfera, I think the guy said it was for a pendant. Anyway, I came out from the restroom and they were both excited that my daughter had showed them my ring. Up close, it really is an impressive bauble. I love it and think it is just beautiful.

My daughters like my old set better
emsad.gif
They liked the width on the other bands. It was really substantial - but a lot of that was metal!!! There was no way one wouldn't have noticed it from a distance. But when you get up close to the new one, it is obviously a high quality ring. Even the appraiser and his assistant made comments about the high quality. The appraiser told me at the end," Only 5% of the diamonds in the world are cut well enough to get this rating! You've got a beauty here!" I was thinking, 'yeah, I read that every day on PS and that's why I upgraded" lol!

I sent my dh pics, but he is clueless about diamonds and really has no desire to know more about them, so it's more like, "whatever makes you happy, baby!". Now I am working on him for my 5 stone
emwink.gif
He gets his toys, and I get my diamonds, lol!

I can't wait to see yours, 3shebabes! How wide are your bands again? I am curious to see how the 10 pointers look with your stone as one day I hope to go up in size to a 2.0-2.5 ct. But I don't know, I am really loving the personality of my stone right now!!! I Iknow you can relate - if I recall correctly, your previous stone was similar to my old one - SI VG cut. What a difference the AGS0 makes, huh? I'm a believer and I'll never go back, lol!!!

Keep me posted!!!

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/10/2008 12:37:48 AM
Author: Gemma12
Beautiful set! Congratulations!

Thanks, Gemma12!

3shebabes

Shiny_Rock
I can totally understand your feeling about going from wider bands that cover more of the finger, even if they were primarily metal. The wider bands, to you at least, give the impression of "more" in some ways...but for me personally, I like seeing very little metal..and that is what drew me to this style that appears to be 2 eternity bands from the top view. Funny, I never truly wanted 2 actual full eternity bands (due to added cost, comfort and sizing issues)- but I just wanted that look from the top! For me though -- the change should be an easy one because what I have been wearing is so, so thin and very unsubstantial in comparison. Maybe today I will take a few pics of my "before"...and post them so you''ll see what a jump I''m making. For 10 years, I''ve worn the tiniest possible (I don''t know the width, but I''ve never seen a skinnier band on anyone) plain platinum band with an equally tiny plain platinum band with a 1 carat pear.

For my 5th anniversary, though, my hubby gave me a wrap that had six 10-point stones and it really did "up" the bling factor for my ring - but I had pretty bad rubbing issues. In fact the whole upgrading thing started when I decided to stop wearing the wrap for that reason and I thought I''d make them into a wedding band instead of having them wrap around my pear. My pear has two prongs with pretty serious gouges in them. Plus, as I wore it, the wrap would often disengage from my solitaire and roll sideways and not look too pretty. So anyway -- that initial thought evolved into wanting an entire upgrade and with our 10th anniversary looming, I figured it was the time to ask. And my husband is the type you have to flat-out ask. Hinting does absolutely no good I''ve found. I''m in awe of these husbands who pick up on subtle hints!

I also don''t know the exact width of my new rings but I think they''ll be close to your width.And of course, as I mentioned in a prior post, 6 of the 21 diamonds that will be in my new set are the ones from my wrap. I was told by the jeweler that they were nice stones and worth using and I liked the idea of rolling my 5th anniversary gift into my 10th...and my husband did too. (Of course he did, it saved a little money!
emwink.gif
)

His attitude about the upgrade is just like your husband''s..."If it makes you happy...then I''m happy." From time to time I have attempted to school him on what I''ve learned on PS, but he doesn''t seem terribly enthralled. But I will say when I told him I really wanted to order the center stone I eventually ordered because it was a color, clarity, size and cut grade that I liked (I raved about what I''d read about AGS0 cuts) -- he wasn''t convinced (nor was I) till he saw it. Then he realized I really had learned something on PS. He was pretty wowed by the difference between my old stone and new stone in both size and sparkle.

Anyway - I feel like I''m taking over your thread droning on about my future rings. Sorry. I get carried away!

3shebabes

Shiny_Rock
Okay, Impatient One, I just went out and did a search under your site name and pulled up old pictures of your old set, your collection...and you & hubby!

First let me say that though I see how majorly substantial your old set was, I truly prefer the proportions of the new set, don''t you? I also prefer the more delicate presence of metal in the new one. The center stone seems to get much more focus - and it is a nicer, much better cut stone -- that much we both know! But I can understand your daughters'' confusion over the change since what you started with was so substantial.

Plus your collection. Wow! I LOVE that fat pale aqua pear with diamond pave around it. That one is my favorite!

And it was fun to see your wedding pics. Let me just say that not only do ya''ll make a very attractive couple, but you are disgustingly young & cute for 47! (Isn''t that the right age?) I''d guess you were 35...tops!

No one will be confused with my ring change. My current set is not at all substantial. Very, very simple. I will try to post pics later...

Better run and get something done this morning. Laundry is calling my name...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results