shape
carat
color
clarity

Mini Upgrade - GOG stone & Facets Duo

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, it's finally finished!!! Center stone from GOG is AGS0 H&A 1.73 ct SI1 J set in the Facets Duo 1.39 ctw VVS-VS F-G. Size 6.5.

While I love the setting and the stone, I will most likely have a new head put on. I am not loving how low the center stone sets (contrary to poplular opinion here). I ended up having my old set altered as well to bring the center stone up a tad bit.

A couple of the pics look like the prongs are off, but that's just the tilt of the camera!

bcring4.jpg

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
another

bcring3.jpg

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
another

bcring1a.jpg

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
another

bcring2a.jpg

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
another

bcring5.JPG

joflier

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

YUM!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Love it! Congrats!!
30.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
FANTASTIC! Looks gorgeous!
30.gif

3shebabes

Shiny_Rock
Impatient One!

WHOA! Absolutely gorgeous...and let me just say that the side stones are perfect with your center stone. They do not overwhelm it at all in my opinion. Do you agree? It is just positively BLINGY and stunning and I am overcome with jealousy at the moment. It is such a substantial looking set. Seeing your rings makes it even harder to wait!! You have pretty hands, also, so the whole thing just looks fantastic!

And your center stone was actually set already? I thought they couldn't do it until next week -- so you lucked out I guess! But I actually understand your predicament about the low setting. So many PSers like a low setting but I, like you, prefer a little height. I like to be able to really see the culet dangling in mid air - just a bit. I requested that kind of height on the head I will have -- so we'll see what happens. But of course you can have that altered.

One thing about your set that I wonder about on my set-to-be is that with your finger size (I think you said 6.5?) -- you can see the perfect number of 10 point stones on either side of your center stone. Something I didn't really consider was that my finger size is on the small side (size 4) - and therefore, only a couple of my side stones will show. I hope that doesn't bother me.

Are the diamonds awesome in person? I imagine so - as they appear beautiful even on my monitor.

And your J stone looks incredibly white! I sometimes wonder if I should have looked at some stones in the I or J range. I really didn't look at those much -- because I was going from an E stone and I figured I should only move down a couple notches color-wise -- but so many PSers have beautiful J stones...it makes me wonder if I made the right choice.

Congrats. It's just BEAUTIFUL...!! I may have a few more questions later!!
emsmile.gif
My only advice is to be CAREFUL driving and operating any major machinery. I imagine you could get rather distracted gazing at your new baubles!

Enjoy it!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
YAY! You got it!
36.gif

GORGEOUS!
30.gif
30.gif

Looks fabulous on you!

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
gorgeous!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful and looks great on you!

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2008 6:45:28 PM
Author: 3shebabes
Impatient One!

WHOA! Absolutely gorgeous...and let me just say that the side stones are perfect with your center stone. They do not overwhelm it at all in my opinion. Do you agree? It is just positively BLINGY and stunning and I am overcome with jealousy at the moment. It is such a substantial looking set. Seeing your rings makes it even harder to wait!! You have pretty hands, also, so the whole thing just looks fantastic!

And your center stone was actually set already? I thought they couldn''t do it until next week -- so you lucked out I guess! But I actually understand your predicament about the low setting. So many PSers like a low setting but I, like you, prefer a little height. I like to be able to really see the culet dangling in mid air - just a bit. I requested that kind of height on the head I will have -- so we''ll see what happens. But of course you can have that altered.

One thing about your set that I wonder about on my set-to-be is that with your finger size (I think you said 6.5?) -- you can see the perfect number of 10 point stones on either side of your center stone. Something I didn''t really consider was that my finger size is on the small side (size 4) - and therefore, only a couple of my side stones will show. I hope that doesn''t bother me.

Are the diamonds awesome in person? I imagine so - as they appear beautiful even on my monitor.

And your J stone looks incredibly white! I sometimes wonder if I should have looked at some stones in the I or J range. I really didn''t look at those much -- because I was going from an E stone and I figured I should only move down a couple notches color-wise -- but so many PSers have beautiful J stones...it makes me wonder if I made the right choice.

Congrats. It''s just BEAUTIFUL...!! I may have a few more questions later!!
emsmile.gif
My only advice is to be CAREFUL driving and operating any major machinery. I imagine you could get rather distracted gazing at your new baubles!

Enjoy it!

Ahhh, 3shebabes, another one who likes to see the culet dangling!!! You understand me!!! Most people here like the low settings, but not me. I had to do the same thing with my previous set - it came with a low-set six prong head and that really drove me crazy. I like to see as much of the diamond as possible
30.gif

I have to tell you, I''ve already been out this afternoon to Jared''s to see if they could change the head for me. I won''t buy diamonds there, but I will have them do repairs and they have a quick turnaround time. The had to order the new head in, but it should be here in a couple of days, so I''ll be happier!!! I really didn''t want to go back to the jeweler who set it, bacause today when I went to pick it up, neither he or his associate had ever heard of Hearts and Arrows
6.gif

On a positive note, the guy a Jareds was ooh''ing and ahh''ing over both the diamond and the setting. He kept commenting about how beautiful both were
9.gif
I am really liking the width of the bands as well as the 10 pointers. I think they are perfect!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful set of rings for a beautiful hand. I lurve it.

shay

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning!!! Always have loved this combo. Congrats!!!
30.gif

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2008 7:59:18 PM
Author: Shay37
Beautiful set of rings for a beautiful hand. I lurve it.

shay
Thank you, Shay, but I am really noticing how old my hands are looking lately!!!
emdgust.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
It is so pretty and sparkly!!!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
WOW, it turned out great! Gorgeous! Congrats! Get the head/height how you like it. You''ll be happier and it''s going to be gorgeous either way.
36.gif
So, are you feelin'' the size increase? I hope so! Let''s just say....you may have started a new trend.
2.gif

3shebabes

Shiny_Rock
Impatient One,

Me again! I keep pulling up your pictures and gazing longingly at your new rings! Is it hard to stop staring at your hand?!

I really hear you on the "old hands" thing -- but your hands don't look old! I promise my hands don't look that bad in person...but in pictures. Egads! You've heard the expression "the camera adds 10 pounds", of course, but in my case (at the age of 42) - the camera just adds wrinkles.I was no less than horrified when I took some shots a few months ago of my new stone in its temporary setting. I thought my hands added 30 years to my actual age.

I'm glad you could get a quick resolution to your head-height concern! Like you, I like to see as much of the diamond as possible -- especially that pretty culet point! And it is scary that the other jeweler hadn't heard of H & A. What's that about?

You must live in a bigger city than I do. I live in Roanoke, VA - and we don't have a Jared's. In fact I think pretty much all we have are small, family-owned jewelry stores around here...

So glad you love the 10-point stones(yippee!) and the width of the bands. Do you know how wide the bands turned out to be? Maybe 2.8mm each? They just look perfect to me!! I know you must be so excited!

After you have the new head put on -- you have to post new pics (especially side views) so I can see!

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2008 10:28:26 PM
Author: Jenn5504
WOW, it turned out great! Gorgeous! Congrats! Get the head/height how you like it. You''ll be happier and it''s going to be gorgeous either way.
36.gif
So, are you feelin'' the size increase? I hope so! Let''s just say....you may have started a new trend.
2.gif
Thanks, Jenn5504! Yeah, I notice the size difference some in the center stone. My bands are much thinner that the old ones, and while the stones aren''t that much smaller (10 pts versus 13 pts), this setting does not look quite as substantial. Don''t get me wrong, I do love it, it''s just different and going to take some time to get used to!!! There is a whole lot less metal, that''s for sure, and I like that! Another thing I won''t miss is the rhodium plating issues I was having!!!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love
30.gif
your new set. I think it''s absolutely faboo! Those Facets folks do such a great job every time.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s just stunning! Congratulations!

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2008 10:44:18 PM
Impatient One,

Me again! I keep pulling up your pictures and gazing longingly at your new rings! Is it hard to stop staring at your hand?!

I really hear you on the ''old hands'' thing -- but your hands don''t look old! I promise my hands don''t look that bad in person...but in pictures. Egads! You''ve heard the expression ''the camera adds 10 pounds'', of course, but in my case (at the age of 42) - the camera just adds wrinkles.I was no less than horrified when I took some shots a few months ago of my new stone in its temporary setting. I thought my hands added 30 years to my actual age.

I''m glad you could get a quick resolution to your head-height concern! Like you, I like to see as much of the diamond as possible -- especially that pretty culet point! And it is scary that the other jeweler hadn''t heard of H & A. What''s that about?

You must live in a bigger city than I do. I live in Roanoke, VA - and we don''t have a Jared''s. In fact I think pretty much all we have are small, family-owned jewelry stores around here...

So glad you love the 10-point stones(yippee!) and the width of the bands. Do you know how wide the bands turned out to be? Maybe 2.8mm each? They just look perfect to me!! I know you must be so excited!

After you have the new head put on -- you have to post new pics (especially side views) so I can see!
The bands are supposedly 3mm each, but we''ll see when I get it appraised on Friday. The side stones were supposed to total 1.31 but the documentation they sent says 1.39...

It took me all of one day to get used to the width difference of the bands. I just pulled out my old appraisal - my original set was a whopping 13.3mm wide (both bands) with 1.61 ctw of side diamonds. The new set is ~ 6mm wide with 1.39 ctw of side diamonds. Not much of as diff in the diamond ctw, but yowser, a whole lot less metal!

3shebabes

Shiny_Rock
Hey there Impatient One!

Alas, I am quickly becoming an "Impatient One" myself! I called to check on the progress of my ring set today. I hadn''t allowed myself to do that so far -- just trying to be patient...but finally broke down & called today. This project was started Jan 11 -- and I was told it would certainly be done by Valentine''s Day -- but because they said it could be done in 3 weeks I knew it could possibly be well before that..so I was expecting a call any day now! Well - no such luck. I called and they broke it to me that it''ll be most likely another 10 days! UGH!! They say they''re bogged down by Valentine''s Day orders, etc. And to think I was having daydreams of receiving my new stone and set on or near V-day. Big fat BUMMER!

I am so, so anxious at this point. I keep pulling up your pics and staring...

Oh well - let me know how your appraisal turns out tomorrow!

Thanks for letting me vent on you!!

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/7/2008 9:05:20 PM
Hey there Impatient One!

Alas, I am quickly becoming an ''Impatient One'' myself! I called to check on the progress of my ring set today. I hadn''t allowed myself to do that so far -- just trying to be patient...but finally broke down & called today. This project was started Jan 11 -- and I was told it would certainly be done by Valentine''s Day -- but because they said it could be done in 3 weeks I knew it could possibly be well before that..so I was expecting a call any day now! Well - no such luck. I called and they broke it to me that it''ll be most likely another 10 days! UGH!! They say they''re bogged down by Valentine''s Day orders, etc. And to think I was having daydreams of receiving my new stone and set on or near V-day. Big fat BUMMER!

I am so, so anxious at this point. I keep pulling up your pics and staring...

Oh well - let me know how your appraisal turns out tomorrow!

Thanks for letting me vent on you!!
Awww, shucks, 3shebabes! I know how disappointed you must be
39.gif
I''ve been axiously awaiting the arrival of yours, too! I just love lookimg at the pics that every one posts here. So much beauty
30.gif
At least now you have a more concrete time frame! Hang in there!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, beautiful and congrats on the upgrade
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif

missmg9

Rough_Rock
oh my GOSH!!!! Stunning.
36.gif
This is my favorite set of all time... it''s just so lovely. Yours looks great. When I went ring shopping with my boyfriend, I knew just what I wanted - I headed straight for this design. The store I found the one I liked in had it with a 1.25 ct center stone and the side stones were 5 pointers. I hope that will have that same beautiful look! I have no idea if he actually bought it for me.... but I have a feeling he did and that the proposal is coming. And it''s making me crazy!!!!

I''m worried a bit after seeing how beautiful your finger coverage is... my fingers are a great deal bigger - they''re size 10!
33.gif
I hope my *hopeful* set looks just as good coverage wise. So hard to be 5''10"... :) Did you see any 5 pointers? Do you think they would be too small?

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/7/2008 10:12:29 PM
Author: missmg9
oh my GOSH!!!! Stunning.
36.gif
This is my favorite set of all time... it''s just so lovely. Yours looks great. When I went ring shopping with my boyfriend, I knew just what I wanted - I headed straight for this design. The store I found the one I liked in had it with a 1.25 ct center stone and the side stones were 5 pointers. I hope that will have that same beautiful look! I have no idea if he actually bought it for me.... but I have a feeling he did and that the proposal is coming. And it''s making me crazy!!!!

I''m worried a bit after seeing how beautiful your finger coverage is... my fingers are a great deal bigger - they''re size 10!
33.gif
I hope my *hopeful* set looks just as good coverage wise. So hard to be 5''10''... :) Did you see any 5 pointers? Do you think they would be too small?
I think 5 pointers would look awesome with a 1.25 center!!! Mine is 10 pointers with a 1.73 center. I think yours will look great!!!

One of the issues I had with my old set it was 15 pointers with a 1.51 center. The center got kind over overwhelmed with the two bands.

Be sure to post pics when the big "E" happens!!!

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Update on Appraisal!!!
emsmile.gif

I took my rings in for the appraisal today. Went to a PS recommended appraiser that I had used before. Shortly after I arrived, another couple came in that had a stone sent in from GOG for viewing!

The appraiser did his thing, then called me back to his desk, at which time he viewed my documents. Everything matched up perfectly. I was more curios to see how the Facets Duo set would appraise, but it came out just like what the documents said - 1.39 ctw, VVS2-VS1 F-G Ideal cut and the value pretty close to what Signed Pieces estimated the retail value was..

Funny thing about the appraisal - this new set (including center stone) cost the same as my old set. You can see my oiginal post for the details - the quality on the new set is so much better. Anyway, the new set appraised for $8.5k more than the original set, which just shows me how much better of a deal I got this time around!!! BTW, appraisal came in more tha 2x what I paid. I know they are inflated, but hey, it''s a PS recommended apprasier.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results