shape
carat
color
clarity

Millgrain Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am not sure if there is already a thread on this (I couldn''t find it) but how long does millgrain last in PLT. I know you have to get it redone but are we talking about 10 years, 50 years?

Thanks

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think its going to depend on how rough you are on the ring. My grandma said she''s never had to do anything other than replace one stone she cracked in her ring that is over 60 years old. But my older cousin, she''s mid 40s, has had hers redone 2 times because she is constantly beating the hell out of it at work (she''s a cook)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks ame, I can always count on you for a quick reply. I guess I will just have to wait and see...

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2005 8:23:20 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Thanks ame, I can always count on you for a quick reply. I guess I will just have to wait and see...
I don''t know if that is good or bad that Im quick ;-)

i hope someone else chimes in soon

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/21/2005 10:39:03 PM
Author: ame

Date: 8/21/2005 8:23:20 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I don''t know if that is good or bad that Im quick ;-)

i hope someone else chimes in soon
Chime

Chime

In

Just chiming in, your answer was spot on, no need to repeat...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha, no ame it is a good thing.
36.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Millgrain, when deeply applied to dense metal will last decades. Eventually, it will wear away. Many modern reproductions look overwhelmed by the heavy handed, deeply applied millgrain on them because dealer''s eyes are more accustomed to old, estate pieces that have already had decades or wear on them. These old items look a lot more delicate than when they were new. Millgrain is a style feature that outlasts most other surface treatments. It is far more durable than plating, satin finish, sand blasted finish, stone finish, etc, but it is not forever. Usually, when millgrain is really worn away, so is most of the rest of the ring......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results