shape
carat
color
clarity

Memoire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
Nancy--

I went ahead and ordered the Memoire 1.56ctw ''M'' quality from Pearlman''s. I spoke with Joseph, who is creative director and part owner of the store, and he was incredibly helpful and nice. It''ll take about 4-6 weeks, but might be shipped earlier if I''m lucky. The price for the ''T'' quality was incredibly cheap for Memoire, but apparently it is H-SI2, whereas the ''M'' quality is G-SI1.

Oh, and for the measurements, the 1.56ctw is 2.7mm wide and 2.3mm ''tall'', with 22 stones. I love how the prongs feel on the Memoire, and for me, it''s worth it for a stand-alone WB upgrade that needs to last me 8 years. I think owning a Memoire band will keep me satisfied for that long, and the 1.5ctw will be easy to match with an upgrade stone later on.

Maybe I should have called Robert''s Fine Jewelry first, but I''ve heard so many good things about Pearlman''s, and their price quote would have been pretty hard to beat! I am more than satisfied with how much I paid for the band.

Thanks again to Rainydaze for reassuring me that going up 1/2 ring size would be comfortable. I usually wear a 5 1/2, but you never know.

Ok, now I can really get back to work!

Can''t wait to hear how your research turned out.

fansynancy

Shiny_Rock
Erica-

I did not see any of your revent posts until now (it''s 2:35 in PA). I was out all day doing errands. At your suggestion I called Quest this morning. I ordered a 2 carat G SI Purity band from them. I will have it within 2 weeks. I spent a bit more than I really wanted to, but I felt everyone was so enthusiastic about the Memoire it must make sense to pay the premium and get one. I spoe with someone at Pearlman''s yesterday before the store opened and they were supposed to call me back within the hour but I never heard from them. I was able to get 15% off of list from Quest.

I have to say I wish I''d be on the forum and had your advice, but I just want the setting now that I have the ring. I hope I have not made a mistake. I had to give a 50% deposit.

Nancy

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Nancy--

I''m sorry Pearlman''s didn''t call you back sooner. It took them a little bit of time to call me back today with the exact measurements, but it didn''t take more than an hour. I''m sure that the 2ctw Memoire will be gorgeous, and it sounds like you still got a pretty good deal from them! I don''t know if you should worry too much about whether or not you made a mistake. I think we get so caught up in tracking down the best deal, but sometimes it''s like we''re splitting hairs, you know? The Pearlman''s quote for my ring was only a couple hundred less than Quest, and I would have been fine with either store, but I had a really good time chatting with Joseph. I paid mine in full, but as with Quest, there are no returns or exchanges on special orders.

I can''t wait to see your 2ctw band with that beautiful 3.29ct WF stone! I think the low Memoire setting will really balance out your stone. Have you decided what kind of head you want for the band? My band is going to take longer than 2 weeks, I''m sad to say! I really do think the premium is worth it, but that''s because this is supposed to be my forever upgrade band. I can''t afford to be even an ounce dissatisfied (i''m a little tired of upgrade fever), and having tried on the same Memoire band at a store, I''m confident that this is the one for me, even if it''s over $1000 over what I initially wanted to spend. Because the Memoire makes me so happy/satisfied (writing a dissertation has been a little depressing), he was ok with me spending more to get exactly what I wanted.

Keep us posted with your ring''s progress!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats to both of you...i''m sure both rings will be amazing!!!

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
i will be sure to post pics when it arrives. you can''t even imagine how excited i am! if it weren''t for PS, i would have never known about memoire and probably would have saved my pennies for many many years before buying from Tiffany.

fansynancy

Shiny_Rock
Oh Erica I can''t wait to see your ring. While I might have saved a few $$ at Pearlman''s, I can drive to VA to get my ring and they can set it in an hour!! Of course I''ll probably have trouble driving home since I''ll be so distracted looking at my finger!!

I am really happy to have the stone and setting search over. I am so glad to have found Pricescope.

Nancy

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
That''s really awesome that they can set your stone so quickly. Talk about instant gratification, plus or minus a few weeks! When I told my husband about my day, he said, ''well, after a year of Pricescope, you''d better have gotten the best deal on that band!'' All that research and patience has finally paid off.

I''m really glad that you''ll soon have a replacement for your ring. I can''t wait for the slew of photos!

fansynancy

Shiny_Rock
Hmmmm. I might have to scrape the bottom of my purse for change so I can get a camera. I opened my wallet today and I swear some moths flew out
6.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you will both be very happy with the Memoire quality! I have no complaints at all. I'm a little confused, though. Nancy, you are getting an e-ring setting for your new diamond and you are wearing it without a wedding band? And Erica, are you getting the wedding band? Is it the shared prong?

fansynancy

Shiny_Rock
You are right about me. I am getting the Memoire as an engagement ring setting for my new big mama stone. My twin in Mass is getting the band. At least I think she lives in Mass because she talked about a jeweler in Natick. Her Memoire is coming from Pearlman and mine is coming from Quest.

I think I will consult with her about all my upcoming purchases because her taste is to die for!!
9.gif

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
oops, i totally dropped the ball on this thread! i have a bad habit of only reading the first page of threads, and this one must have slipped under the radar.

nancy, are you telling me you don''t have a camera? blasphemy! surely you know someone who could lend you a nice digital camera with macro mode for a few hours....

it''s been nearly a week since my petite-prong band was ordered, and i''m starting to do my nervous twitchy dance of anticipation. i''ve worked really hard in the past year to be able to own an eternity band, and i want it NOW!

and i can''t wait to see that big mama stone in all its glory! it''s going to be amazing, i just know it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results