shape
carat
color
clarity

Memoire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fansynancy

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone seen WF''s version of a Memoire eternity band?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
what exactly do you mean? WF makes a ton of eternity bands. you can do a search here on whiteflash eternity band and a bunch of threads should pop up. They have many happy customers. IMO, 2 things make them different. 1. memoires are set very low, like the tiffany ones. As far as I know WF doesn''t make a super low one, but I could very well be wrong. 2. the process the memoire uses to make their bands is very different the the method WF uses. you can read about how memoire does it here:

http://www.memoire.com/index.aspx?par=aboutus#

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
has anyone done a detailed comparison of exactly how low the memoire band is compared with facets/signed pieces, whiteflash, ERD, bluenile, tiffany''s and all those other vendors?

i''m trying to decide between facets and memoire and would really love to know how low memoire really is. as far as i understand, facets eternity bands are also made with extruded metal (not cast), but memoire diamonds are hand-set (is this really important?). i know very little about WF eternity bands, though.

fansynancy

Shiny_Rock
In a price comparison, I think I got the best price from Facets. I would get the eternity band and they would remove one diamond to put the prongs for the diamond.

F-G/VVS-VS
Diamond
Carats
Aprox. # of
Diamonds

$3,999.00
2.24ct

$3,999.00
2.24ct

$4,231.00
2.37ct

$4,231.00
2.37ct

$4,463.00
2.50ct

$4,463.00
2.50ct

$4,695.00
2.63ct

$4,695.00
2.63ct

It would be $4231 for me even though I''m a 6.5 because I''d take 19 diamonds and not 20.

Nancy

fansynancy

Shiny_Rock
what exactly do you mean? WF makes a ton of eternity bands.

Mrssalvo- this would be a copy of the shared prong eternity band by Memoire. The one I looked at at Bailey Banks and Biddle in King of Prussia was $8900.
7.gif

Too rich for my blood, but simply stunning. I thought I liked micropave, but when I saw it in person I realized I much prefer an eternity band. The micropave is too sparkly for me.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fancynancy, memoire''s are more expensive than facets or WF but less than Tiffany. I hope diamondseeker see''s this b/c she actually reseached these and ended up choosing the memoire. I would also call Pearlmans for a quote since they carry the line.

i believe all the diamonds in the eternity bands no matter who the maker are handset. the method of cast, handmade etc. has to do with the metal.

I do know that the facets bands do set up higher than the memoires which may or may not matter to you depending on what your e-ring is. Kaleigh wears a facets band next to her tiffany e-ring, maybe she''ll chime in and let us know if she''s had any rubbing/scratching issues with it.

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
fansynancy--
you should also call Quest for a price quote. i went to Long''s Jewelers in Natick and they gave me a very good price on the 1.54ctw Memoire. when i called Quest, they quoted $200 less when i told them how much Long''s was charging. i''ve yet to call pearlman''s, but it doesn''t hurt to get multiple price quotes, does it?
it seems like with a 2.5ctw eternity band, it would be more comfortable with a lower-setting. the memoire will always be more expensive than Facets or WF, so it''s a tough call. i''m having a really hard time deciding between the memoire 1.54ctw and facets 2.10ctw. the memoire would be about $1800 more, but i love it. how much of it is a brand name thing, how much of it is a design preference? i used to think i loved tiffany''s eternity bands, but their 2.12ctw was extremely uncomfortable. maybe all 2ctw+ bands will be too uncomfortable for me? maybe you should order the facets and then compare it with the Bailey Banks and Biddle?

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
You can also call Bobby at Robert''s Fine Jewelry in Houston. His memoire prices beat everyone when I was getting quotes.

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
fansynancy--
sorry to hijack your thread, but i have tons of questions about facets v memoire v anyone else. on signed pieces'' website, the measurements for the 2.10 ctw eternity band are: size 6, 3.1 mm wide, 4.2gr weight, 2.6 mm thick. i''m assuming the ring is 2.6 mm ''tall'', right?

i know diamondseeker has a .75ctw 7 stone memoire. i wonder how ''tall'' her setting is compared with facets? and are there any photos for the WF version that we could use to compare?

fansynancy

Shiny_Rock
I don''t feel hijacked at all. It''s great that we can learn together. I called the jeweler in Houston. The owner is out until Friday, soI won''t have info on that for a couple of days.

Nancy

fansynancy

Shiny_Rock
I can''t just order a band and return because I want to mount a 3 carat RB in it and that head/prong needs to be custom. It wouild be unreturnable.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
fancynancy,

are you getting the eternity as a set, 2 rings, the wedding band and the e-ring?

fansynancy

Shiny_Rock
I just want one band.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok, well if you're not going to be wearing it with another band, I wouldn't worry about the height or the flush fit. I know facets has 30 day return and they make e-ring setting for a stone your size, so I don't think it's custom so you can try it out with your stone and return/exchange if you don't like it. Don't know WF's policy on this. If budget is not a huge issue, I'd personally go with memoire, but from what I read here Facets makes a solid product and might fit the bill of what you are looking for. there is a gal who has the facets eternity for an e-ring with a 3+ carat stone, but she wears 2 eternity bands on either side. i can hunt the pic for you if you want...

fansynancy

Shiny_Rock
Mrssalvo-

I''d love to see the Facets band. The jeweler at Whiteflash thinks the 2 carat, not the 3 carat tw will look best with the 3.29 stone. Thoughts?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s lookingforcarats ring from facets...

falcon%20maint.%20032.JPG

falcon%20maint.%20031.JPG

since you are doing a stand alone ring, I''d probably go for the larger stones. i would have to see them in person though...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2007 8:09:37 AM
Author: mrssalvo
Fancynancy, memoire''s are more expensive than facets or WF but less than Tiffany. I hope diamondseeker see''s this b/c she actually reseached these and ended up choosing the memoire. I would also call Pearlmans for a quote since they carry the line.

i believe all the diamonds in the eternity bands no matter who the maker are handset. the method of cast, handmade etc. has to do with the metal.

I do know that the facets bands do set up higher than the memoires which may or may not matter to you depending on what your e-ring is. Kaleigh wears a facets band next to her tiffany e-ring, maybe she''ll chime in and let us know if she''s had any rubbing/scratching issues with it.
I have a 3.38 shared prong eternity band from Facets, it did scratch my ering, so am wearing the Tiffany Legacy eternity band with my ering now. I love my facets eternity band, and when I need that wow factor I wear it for special events, etc... Nancy guessing you are in my neck of the woods, I live on the Main Line. Congrats on your stone!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2007 5:26:34 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I have a 3.38 shared prong eternity band from Facets, it did scratch my ering, so am wearing the Tiffany Legacy eternity band with my ering now. I love my facets eternity band, and when I need that wow factor I wear it for special events, etc... Nancy guessing you are in my neck of the woods, I live on the Main Line. Congrats on your stone!!
Like the Ering alone wouldn''t WOW people, much less with the mere Tiff Eternity band....
lol.gif

You guys crack me up.
2.gif

fansynancy

Shiny_Rock
Kaleigh,

I would be doing just the one band, so scratching would not be an issue. Do you think the big, fat gorgeous Facets is too much bling for everyday?

I grew up in Cherry Hill. Now live in Harrisburg, PA (and Huntington Beach,CA). You are WAY closer to the good shopping. We are pretty retail barren out here, thus the frequent jaunts to KOP.

Nancy

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
i think 2-2.5ctw eternity would balance well with your huge beautiful stone! when i tried on a 2.10ish ctw band at Tiffany''s with a few of the solitaires, i found that the stone needed to be at least 2ct on my size 5.5-6 finger to make me happy. the sales associate said that he had recently sold a 3ct solitaire with a 2ctw eternity.
i can''t remember if you checked out this recent thread with a 2.97 ct RB set in the single-prong Memoire, with 12 stones at 25 pointers each for a total carat weight of 3.00.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ags0-with-memoire-eternity.70386/

honestly, it''s gorgeous, but way too blingy for my tastes! it sounds like Facets would be the best route for you, especially since you aren''t going to have to deal with multiple rings scratching each other. as far as i understand, memoire''s settings work so well because they fit together like a puzzle. it makes sense that a memoire eternity would scratch a different type of setting (per rainydaze''s experience).

maybe you could order the facets and take it to your jewelers to help visualize how your new stone would look mounted on it? at least you have 30 days to make up your mind, and the shipping costs aren''t astronomical.

fansynancy

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone seen a ring of this type made by Whiteflash? They are saying they can custom design one with a turnaround time of 14 days. Should I go for it?

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
nancy--
there''s sunnygal''s WF reset, with 1.57 ct RB with 25 melee stones for a total .90ctw
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-re-set-by-whiteflash-diamonds-for-an-eternity-settings.45321/

i don''t think i''ve seen anything with bigger melee 2ctw++, though. WF seems to be very good about working through any problems that may arise. me, i still love the low-setting of the memoire. i might have to give robert''s fine jewelry a call, too. Quest quoted me a pretty good price for the 1.54ctw, but i wouldn''t mind paying even less!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI, I'm sorry I am late responding! If you plan to wear the ring alone with no other ring, then the height is not as much of an issue. I think the lower set it is, the more comfortable it is, but other than that, there would be no compelling reason not to go with something other than Memoire. I got Memoire because I wanted to wear it with an e-ring, and it does not scratch the other ring.

But if I wanted the most bang for the buck balanced with good quality, I'd probaby go with the Facets ring if it is to be worn alone. I don't believe we've seen many, if any, serious quality issues with those settings and they seem to use good diamonds. The best thing about Facets is if you order it and change your mind, you can return it. I don't think that can be done if you have one custom made somewhere like WF.

fansynancy

Shiny_Rock
erica-

Thanks for the link to the 3 carat band. I agree that it''s too much. The 1.54 stone looks HUGE in the WF setting. I''m think my 3.29 stone will make the band look tiny. Where are you with your search?

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
nancy--

i''m assuming/hoping quest will give you the same quote that i received for the 1.5ctw. i don''t know if it''s ok to post the exact quotes online, so i''ll refrain for now. i''m thinking about calling pearlman''s tomorrow to see what the going rate is over there.

after diamondseeker''s post, i''m worried that i should be happy with the 2.10ctw Facets because, hey, it''s bigger AND cheaper! this eternity will be my upgrade until we hit our 10th anniversary (that''s a long while from now).

i also agree with diamondseeker that a custom setting by WF might backfire if you''re a stickler for the little details. custom could be great, but you might end up disappointed. but regardless, this project will be semi-custom if you mount a stone onto an eternity band (i''m assuming you''re not interested in the memoire e-ring setting?).

you might want to try calling quest if you don''t get a response tomorrow morning. i felt a little awkward bargaining with them, but i was really happy with how quickly they beat the brick and mortar price quote by $240. i really like pearlmans, too. they have a great reputation on PS, and hopefully they can match the quest price.

right now i''m at the point where i''m tempted to go bigger just for the sake of BIG. the 1.5ctw memoire was extremely flattering on my hand, but the facets'' prices are so tempting...

i''m very excited to see how your new ring turns out!

fansynancy

Shiny_Rock
I am going to call Quest this morning! I''m just unsure about what carat weight to get. Maybe I''ll get the 1 1/2 instead of the 2 1/2 since the 3 carat looks too big. I want this to wear eveyday and I don''t want it to look obnoxious.

Nancy

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
maybe you should ask Quest what would look more visually pleasing for your ring and stone size? it doesn''t hurt to ask, even if they can''t advise much better than us. when i tried on the 1.5ct-2.0ct solitaires at Tiffany''s with the 1.5ctw-2.10ctw eternities, i thought that everything looked great with the 1.5ctw band, plus it was really comfortable. the 2ctw band really ''needed'' at least a 2ct solitaire to balance it out.

if you''re looking to showcase your stone, maybe you should stick with the ''daintier'' band? at the same time, the 2ctw Memoire might be comfortable enough to wear everyday, too. depends on how sensitive you are to the extra thickness. i really like that Memoire replaces melee under their warranty. i''m a total klutz, so that''s reassuring.

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
nancy--

i just called pearlman''s, and if you haven''t called Quest yet, you should ask exactly which quality band they''re giving you a price quote for. according to pearlman''s, A quality is G-VS, M quality is G-SI, and T quality is H-SI. the price for the 1.56ctw in M quality was the BEST yet. i''m really starting to lean towards memoire from pearlman''s, although it might have to be a special order (i.e. no returns), which wouldn''t be great. the T quality might not be so bad, either, especially with stones that small. i''m not sure how color sensitive i am, but i''m pretty sure if i ever get that upgrade solitaire, it''ll be in the G-I range.

i can''t believe i''m working from home today so i can call all these stores! i clearly need to pick a ring and move on with my life!
20.gif

let me know how you fare with Quest.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results