shape
carat
color
clarity

Meet my buddy George!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/7/2008 9:47:09 AM
Author: jcrow
snail? what snail? haha. i can''t get past your GORGEOUS GORGEOUS ring!
30.gif
Awwww, JCrow, thank you!!!
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2008 9:48:07 AM
Author: Irishgrrrl
Skippy~

Thanks for the tip! Maybe I''ll move the orchid (and George) to the bathroom so it has more humidity. I thought next to the kitchen sink would be OK, but I guess it''s not humid enough there. I do have one of those little mister bottles and I spray the orchid (and George) a couple times a week. Hmmmm . . . maybe I''ll have to start spraying more, too?
33.gif
Well do you give it orchid food? I know they sell orchid food to help promote blooms.
emrose.gif
George is so itty bitty. hehe

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
My mom has a MASSIVE collection of orchids. She somehow manages to keep them flowering. According to her she just treats them like crap, LOL!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skip ~ Actually, when we tried fertilizing it, we used orchid food. DH found this powdered orchid food that you mix with water, and then just water the orchid with that mixture. Didn''t work!
14.gif

Dani ~ LOL! Treating it like crap . . . now that I can do! DH always teases me about my black thumb. It''s a good thing he has a green thumb or our yard would look TERRIBLE!
20.gif

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
I love George!!! The sails we have here are big and icky.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/7/2008 10:00:16 AM
Skip ~ Actually, when we tried fertilizing it, we used orchid food. DH found this powdered orchid food that you mix with water, and then just water the orchid with that mixture. Didn''t work!
14.gif

Dani ~ LOL! Treating it like crap . . . now that I can do! DH always teases me about my black thumb. It''s a good thing he has a green thumb or our yard would look TERRIBLE!
20.gif
Use a bit of manure, you can get it free and it is much healthier for George!
9.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Macie ~ Do you live close to SanDiegoLady? She has big ucky snails too!
40.gif

Lorelei ~ Now I do know where I can find some manure! LOL! Will that really make it bloom? And will George really like it? (I didn''t know snails liked manure! LOL!)
33.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/7/2008 10:38:05 AM
40.gif

Lorelei ~ Now I do know where I can find some manure! LOL! Will that really make it bloom? And will George really like it? (I didn''t know snails liked manure! LOL!)
33.gif
You don''t really want to take plotted plant advice from me, as I kill ''em all!
41.gif
39.gif
I think you should make George his own tiny dwelling!
11.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/7/2008 10:42:18 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 8/7/2008 10:38:05 AM
40.gif

33.gif
You don''t really want to take plotted plant advice from me, as I kill ''em all!
41.gif
39.gif
I think you should make George his own tiny dwelling!
11.gif
Lorelei, I kill ''em all too! LOL! And I totally agree about making George his own tiny dwelling . . . if only I could convince DH!
27.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
As requested, here is my George the turtle tattoo. It''s a tribal design i drew... He needs to be touched up. BTW- He''s on the side of my abdomen.

JMTGeorge.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
George is SO sweet! I have an orchid by the kitchen sink, too, and all I see in it is a spider web....no blooms, either!

Lori

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
aaawww he is so adorable. you got two pressies for the price of one. you had a stowaway!!! you will have to keep us posted about him.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results