shape
carat
color
clarity

McCain Campaign Suspension?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/26/2008 1:30:17 PM
Author: goobear78
Well turns out McCain already declared himself the winner. I kid you not. Here's the link to an article at the Washington Post. His campaign already has this ad out.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/2008/09/mccain_wins_debate.html
Well NO WONDER he didn't want to show up for tonight's debate! He already won, so actually ATTENDING the debate would be a complete waste of his valuable time!
20.gif

First he's not coming, then he IS coming, and now he's already won even though the debate isn't scheduled to start for several more HOURS?!?! Are you freaking kidding me?!?!
23.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 1:25:51 PM

Date: 9/26/2008 1:16:36 PM
Author: HollyS

Date: 9/26/2008 12:06:13 PM

This is laughable. McCain''s campaign is a mess. Now McCain is back on for the debates.

McCain Officially Going To Debate: The McCain campaign releases a statement saying that John McCain will attend tonight''s debate. Here''s an excerpt:

Senator McCain has spent the morning talking to members of the Administration, members of the Senate, and members of the House. He is optimistic that there has been significant progress toward a bipartisan agreement now that there is a framework for all parties to be represented in negotiations, including Representative Blunt as a designated negotiator for House Republicans. The McCain campaign is resuming all activities and the Senator will travel to the debate this afternoon. Following the debate, he will return to Washington to ensure that all voices and interests are represented in the final agreement, especially those of taxpayers and homeowners.

Are you watching the same news coverage I am? ''Cause I''m not seeing McCain''s campaign in a mess. I see a Democratic candidate left standing there scratching his head, wondering what HE should do. But I don''t see any dithering with McCain.

I guess we''re not. Are you watching Fox news? LOL.
2.gif
Are you watching MSNBC?
9.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 1:38:12 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl

Well turns out McCain already declared himself the winner. I kid you not. Here''s the link to an article at the Washington Post. His campaign already has this ad out.

Well NO WONDER he didn''t want to show up for tonight''s debate! He already won, so actually ATTENDING the debate would be a complete waste of his valuable time!
20.gif

First he''s not coming, then he IS coming, and now he''s already won even though the debate isn''t scheduled to start for several more HOURS?!?! Are you freaking kidding me?!?!
23.gif
Okay, now. No hyperventilating. Deep breathes. Breathe, sweetie, breathe.
28.gif

I''m with TGal; just gonna make some popcorn and watch the show. I can''t remember when I''ve enjoyed an election more! Definitely can''t call this dull.
3.gif

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 1:47:55 PM
Date: 9/26/2008 1:25:51 PM

Date: 9/26/2008 1:16:36 PM

Date: 9/26/2008 12:06:13 PM

This is laughable. McCain''s campaign is a mess. Now McCain is back on for the debates.

McCain Officially Going To Debate: The McCain campaign releases a statement saying that John McCain will attend tonight''s debate. Here''s an excerpt:

Senator McCain has spent the morning talking to members of the Administration, members of the Senate, and members of the House. He is optimistic that there has been significant progress toward a bipartisan agreement now that there is a framework for all parties to be represented in negotiations, including Representative Blunt as a designated negotiator for House Republicans. The McCain campaign is resuming all activities and the Senator will travel to the debate this afternoon. Following the debate, he will return to Washington to ensure that all voices and interests are represented in the final agreement, especially those of taxpayers and homeowners.

Are you watching the same news coverage I am? ''Cause I''m not seeing McCain''s campaign in a mess. I see a Democratic candidate left standing there scratching his head, wondering what HE should do. But I don''t see any dithering with McCain.

I guess we''re not. Are you watching Fox news? LOL.
2.gif

Are you watching MSNBC?
9.gif

Nope. CNN, CBS, NBS, PBS, BBC just to name a few.

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 1:51:08 PM

Well turns out McCain already declared himself the winner. I kid you not. Here''s the link to an article at the Washington Post. His campaign already has this ad out.

Well NO WONDER he didn''t want to show up for tonight''s debate! He already won, so actually ATTENDING the debate would be a complete waste of his valuable time!
20.gif

First he''s not coming, then he IS coming, and now he''s already won even though the debate isn''t scheduled to start for several more HOURS?!?! Are you freaking kidding me?!?!
23.gif

28.gif

I''m with TGal; just gonna make some popcorn and watch the show. I can''t remember when I''ve enjoyed an election more! Definitely can''t call this dull.
3.gif

Why the deep breaths? I mean his campaign put out that ad. How can you say it''s not a mess?

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

20.gif

23.gif
28.gif

3.gif
Holly, I think I need a stiff drink! LOL!
emcocktl.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/26/2008 1:52:33 PM

20.gif

23.gif

28.gif

3.gif

Why the deep breaths? I mean his campaign put out that ad. How can you say it''s not a mess?
Goo, I agree . . . this was a HUGE misstep on the part of McCain''s campaign.
38.gif

Well, let''s look on the bright side. Since the good Senator has already won the debate and won''t need to attend this evening, maybe now he has the time to appear on Letterman!!!
3.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock

Well turns out McCain already declared himself the winner. I kid you not. Here's the link to an article at the Washington Post. His campaign already has this ad out.

Well NO WONDER he didn't want to show up for tonight's debate! He already won, so actually ATTENDING the debate would be a complete waste of his valuable time!
20.gif

First he's not coming, then he IS coming, and now he's already won even though the debate isn't scheduled to start for several more HOURS?!?! Are you freaking kidding me?!?!
23.gif

28.gif

I'm with TGal; just gonna make some popcorn and watch the show. I can't remember when I've enjoyed an election more! Definitely can't call this dull.
3.gif

Why the deep breaths? I mean his campaign put out that ad. How can you say it's not a mess?
I know we can all find enough going on with this election to get ourselves worked up, and in a lather with each other; but I've determined that I just won't do that anymore. So I'm trying very hard to agree to disagree, and keep it light and upbeat no matter what. Each of us will certainly have moments in the next few weeks when we need to take a deep breath because we won't agree with the political process, or what the other candidate is doing or saying, or what the press is reporting, etc. We don't have to agree about the issues to understand and sympathize a little with each other's frustration.

So I'm not trying to rattle your cage, okay? IrishGirl and I have already been down this road, and decided to be friends; we just kinda like to 'poke fun' at each other.

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 2:08:14 PM

20.gif

23.gif

28.gif

3.gif

I know we can all find enough going on with this election to get ourselves worked up, and in a lather with each other; but I''ve determined that I just won''t do that anymore. So I''m trying very hard to agree to disagree, and keep it light and upbeat no matter what. Each of us will certainly have moments in the next few weeks when we need to take a deep breath because we won''t agree with the political process, or what the other candidate is doing or saying, or what the press is reporting, etc. We don''t have to agree about the issues to understand and sympathize a little with each other''s frustration.

So I''m not trying to rattle your cage, okay? IrishGirl and I have already been down this road, and decided to be friends; we just kinda like to ''poke fun'' at each other.
Thanks! No offense or rattling taken.
2.gif
But seriously, I mean, come''on what was with that ad? LOL. That''s why I said it''s laughable. That''s an awful gaffe, but who knows, maybe he''ll win it. Although most times there is no clear winner, both sides claim victory. Me I''m excited to watch a debate. When have I ever said that before? LOL.
28.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
You folks do realize, don''t you, that each candidate would have to have an advertisement ready for print ahead of time, to satisfy the press (actual printing) requirements. It won''t actually appear until tomorrow. (It was almost certainly leaked.) And what candidate is not going to toot their own horn? I would expect the same from the Obama camp. Why not? It''a campaign! They are going to jump up and down and squeal "Me, me, me!!"

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/26/2008 2:28:28 PM
You folks do realize, don''t you, that each candidate would have to have an advertisement ready for print ahead of time, to satisfy the press (actual printing) requirements. It won''t actually appear until tomorrow. (It was almost certainly leaked.) And what candidate is not going to toot their own horn? I would expect the same from the Obama camp. Why not? It''a campaign! They are going to jump up and down and squeal ''Me, me, me!!''
Holly, you''re probably right, but I still need that drink! Hmmmm . . . maybe I can invite myself over to Elle''s tonight for her drinking debate party! LOL!
27.gif
3.gif

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 2:31:16 PM

You folks do realize, don''t you, that each candidate would have to have an advertisement ready for print ahead of time, to satisfy the press (actual printing) requirements. It won''t actually appear until tomorrow. (It was almost certainly leaked.) And what candidate is not going to toot their own horn? I would expect the same from the Obama camp. Why not? It''a campaign! They are going to jump up and down and squeal ''Me, me, me!!''
Holly, you''re probably right, but I still need that drink! Hmmmm . . . maybe I can invite myself over to Elle''s tonight for her drinking debate party! LOL!
27.gif
3.gif

Yes, I agree, that both will say it, (see my post above!) but McCain''s campaign declared themselves the winner BEFORE the debate took place.
38.gif
Somebody''s getting fired...

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/26/2008 2:34:01 PM

27.gif
3.gif

Yes, I agree, that both will say it, (see my post above!) but McCain''s campaign declared themselves the winner BEFORE the debate took place.
38.gif
Somebody''s getting fired...
Let''s hope so! This is the kind of mistake that NEITHER campaign can afford to make!
32.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock

27.gif
3.gif
You''re always welcome, Irishgrrrl
1.gif

Besides, then you can drive by house after house after house of ONLY Obama signs. I''ve been on the look out for a McCain sign in Ann Arbor at anyones home. I have yet to see one, and I''m really TRYING to find one. It''s like a game!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/26/2008 2:37:48 PM
Author: elledizzy5

You folks do realize, don't you, that each candidate would have to have an advertisement ready for print ahead of time, to satisfy the press (actual printing) requirements. It won't actually appear until tomorrow. (It was almost certainly leaked.) And what candidate is not going to toot their own horn? I would expect the same from the Obama camp. Why not? It'a campaign! They are going to jump up and down and squeal 'Me, me, me!!'
Holly, you're probably right, but I still need that drink! Hmmmm . . . maybe I can invite myself over to Elle's tonight for her drinking debate party! LOL!
27.gif
3.gif
You're always welcome, Irishgrrrl
1.gif

Besides, then you can drive by house after house after house of ONLY Obama signs. I've been on the look out for a McCain sign in Ann Arbor at anyones home. I have yet to see one, and I'm really TRYING to find one. It's like a game!
ACK! Elle, I meant to tell you . . . I was driving through my neighborhood earlier today and there's an Obama sign right down the street from us! YAY! I'm so excited, because our street is full of McCain signs, and now we FINALLY have an Obama sign on our street!!!
36.gif

ETA: What time should I be there? And can I bring LadyPirate with me? LOL!
emcocktl.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 2:41:50 PM

Date: 9/26/2008 2:37:48 PM

27.gif
3.gif
You''re always welcome, Irishgrrrl
1.gif

Besides, then you can drive by house after house after house of ONLY Obama signs. I''ve been on the look out for a McCain sign in Ann Arbor at anyones home. I have yet to see one, and I''m really TRYING to find one. It''s like a game!
ACK! Elle, I meant to tell you . . . I was driving through my neighborhood earlier today and there''s an Obama sign right down the street from us! YAY! I''m so excited, because our street is full of McCain signs, and now we FINALLY have an Obama sign on our street!!!
36.gif

ETA: What time should I be there? And can I bring LadyPirate with me? LOL!
emcocktl.gif

Woo hoo! I''m glad you found an Obama sign! That makes me happy as well!!

9 PM Sharp! BYOB! All PS''ers welcome!!
1.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe McCain strongly believes in self fulfilling prophesy?
9.gif

And this is such an amusing election, I may splurge and get cracker jacks instead of popcorn...kind of fitting. Plus I''m already drunk because in the spirit of McCain''s winning debate banner, I''ve already taken a shot for each of the words on Elle''s debate game thread.
face21.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/26/2008 2:53:27 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Maybe McCain strongly believes in self fulfilling prophesy?
9.gif

And this is such an amusing election, I may splurge and get cracker jacks instead of popcorn...kind of fitting. Plus I''m already drunk because in the spirit of McCain''s winning debate banner, I''ve already taken a shot for each of the words on Elle''s debate game thread.
face21.gif
ROFLMAO!!! GO, TGAL!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
btw, which thread are we blogging on tonight? The drinking games thread? I know it will be a heated debate, but I''m looking for a PS thread to have a little lighthearted fun, as well read/write commentary.

I''m an angry drunk, so don''t make-a-me mad!!!
9.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 2:55:21 PM
btw, which thread are we blogging on tonight? The drinking games thread? I know it will be a heated debate, but I''m looking for a PS thread to have a little lighthearted fun, as well read/write commentary.

9.gif
That got me thinking...

What WOULD an alcohol-infused, politically inspired, PS meet-up over Presidential Debates result in?

That could be more scary that Sarah Palin having a shot at presidency... (zing!)
2.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

9.gif
YES! We need to designate a thread. Do we want it to be open to everyone, or should we just blog on our individual party threads so we don''t kill each other? If we want everyone to be able to participate, maybe we should do it on the "Debates!" thread that Swimmer started?

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/26/2008 2:57:47 PM

9.gif
That got me thinking...

What WOULD an alcohol-infused, politically inspired, PS meet-up over Presidential Debates result in?

That could be more scary that Sarah Palin having a shot at presidency... (zing!)
2.gif
Ba dum bum!
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 2:57:47 PM

9.gif
That got me thinking...

2.gif
All I could say is get out of the building...it''d be more dangerous than those derned weapons of mass destruction!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 2:59:31 PM

9.gif
YES! We need to designate a thread. Do we want it to be open to everyone, or should we just blog on our individual party threads so we don''t kill each other? If we want everyone to be able to participate, maybe we should do it on the ''Debates!'' thread that Swimmer started?
Oh come on....it would be no fun to only discuss it amongst your own party! There just would have be some ground rules.

The main one is that you can only call the CANDIDATES stupid and not each other.
3.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/26/2008 3:01:59 PM

Date: 9/26/2008 2:59:31 PM

9.gif
YES! We need to designate a thread. Do we want it to be open to everyone, or should we just blog on our individual party threads so we don''t kill each other? If we want everyone to be able to participate, maybe we should do it on the ''Debates!'' thread that Swimmer started?
Oh come on....it would be no fun to only discuss it amongst your own party! There just would have be some ground rules.

The main one is that you can only call the CANDIDATES stupid and not each other.
3.gif
Good point, TGal . . . things might get a little hairy, though! LOL! Maybe we should start a dedicated thread for debating the debates?
21.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Weeee!

It''s like the American Idol thread all over again. Live feedback, comment by brutal comment, real time snarkacism - I love it!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guys, just so ya know, Krissie just started a "Debate the Debates" thread for us. YAY, KRISSIE!
36.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
I think I would have much more fun drinking and watching the VP debates.

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 3:20:11 PM
Author: MoonWater

Oh don''t worry, we''ll do that too!
36.gif

Can''t wait for that debate.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/26/2008 3:42:55 PM

Date: 9/26/2008 3:20:11 PM
Author: MoonWater

Oh don''t worry, we''ll do that too!
36.gif

Can''t wait for that debate.
OH, yeah!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results