shape
carat
color
clarity

MAKE YOUR DAY: Just click here

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
You have got to see this!!!!

If you''ve ever had a bad hair day, stared hopelessly at the circles under your eyes, or wondered why those last five (fifty?) pounds just won''t come off ... VOILA!! Behold the magic of PHOTOSHOP!!!! And breathe a communal sigh of relief that NOBODY looks as good as EVERYBODY looks in magazines.
20.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
pfffffffffffft - deco come on, you should know women aren't allowed to have eye wrinkles, arm freckles, or back fat!!!!!

ETA: they also changed her nose quite a bit..... no one on that page has mentioned that yet.... they thinned her arm and changed her right hand into an arm.... I wish they had full sized of both for side by side closeup comparison!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
unbelievable!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
LOL! Can I get something that does that for me in real life please???

Jen

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Ahhh the magic of photoshop.... Thanks I feel redeemable now.
9.gif
Pretty interesting differences. Interesting to see what is considered "more attractive"....

Which is why I never take these models and actresses at anything more than face-value. I have seen such differences from real life to photos that the most attractive people tend to be the ones who aren''t paid to be and surprise you by actually being pretty and being down-to-earth... Like Sherapova over Kornikova. Maria is far prettier and more down-to-earth hands down.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
I take your point, Nicrez, but I''d still like a personal 3 dimensional photoshop effect from time to time! LOL

Jen

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Do you think that is genuine or am I just very naïve?

Are the super beautiful people not really super beautiful?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2007 3:57:33 PM
Author: Steel
Do you think that is genuine?
Isn''t THAT an ironic question? We''re so brainwashed by media that when presented with UNaltered images, some folks can''t believe THEM!!!

But in answer to your question: Yes, i think the comparison (before & after) is "real". This website has been running a $10,000 reward contest for any folks that work at magazine art departments to send in unretouched cover photos. The person who turned this in has been awarded the prize. Presumably they''re also risking their own JOB to leak it. Hopefully they did so under a private email addy ... not the office one!
23.gif
I''m pretty sure a bunch of folks will sue: Redbook, Faith Hill, whoever. And where "truth" is the ultimate defense .. unfortunately this might come down to simple THEFT.

As to whether the world''s super beautiful are super beautiful ... I''d say, they ain''t nearly as flawless as the media would like to present them. Here''s just a bit more evidence.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I''m with you, there are too many changes. The angle she''s sitting at is different, the crows-feet totally look photoshopped in, not out. Her hair is slightly different. It''s amusing, but I''m not sure I buy its veracity.

or maybe I''m wrong

Ok I''m probably wrong.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2007 3:57:33 PM
Are the super beautiful people not really super beautiful?
Maybe my fave picture of Marilyn Monroe will help you answer your own question.
31.gif

marilynbeforepix.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOW, I feel better about myself now :) WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I have that magazine and thought WOW! Why don''t I look like that ..... Woooo now I know..............................................
face20.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
This video is interesting too ... it was linked on that Celebs W/O Makeup page I linked above.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2007 4:12:44 PM
Author: woobug02
WOW, I feel better about myself now :) WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I have that magazine and thought WOW! Why don''t I look like that ..... Woooo now I know..............................................
face20.gif
Yeah, you just need a better photoshop guy!
31.gif

Honestly, it''s SOOOO true how make-up and photoretouching can change a person. I have a friend who used to model. She is now a mother and looks different, still striking. I have pictures of us, she''s pretty, but when she went back into the studio and had the hair, make-up and the whole she-bang she''s stunning. STUNNING.
23.gif

I am also one of those people. I clean up well. Me in flats, no make-up and hair in a pony tail is DRASTICALLY different than me dressed up, make-up and in heels. And maybe if i walked around with a camera filter for my favorable lighting I might be able to look even better!
9.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
RE: celebs without makeup- I think this helps prove that Halle Berry is one of the most beautiful women of our time.

The picture on Marilyn is great, I''ve never seen that. She''s still beautiful, but just so un-glamourous as to be unrecognizeable. The Dove video was pretty cool, though I did cringe when they lengthened her neck- eek!

Makes all of our gorgeous PSers look that much better, doesn''t it!

Steel

Ideal_Rock

Touché Decodelighted!

Nicrez, you took the words from my fingertips. I look 500 times better in photographs than IRL. This is exaggerated with full war paint on.
This said, although I do not pretend to appreciate the pressure that comes with being photographed daily, I understand that being scrutinised could lead to over protectiveness. Ergo, being over zealous with the photographic ''magic marker''.

What makes me suspicious is that if these photo edited ''stars'' approve such drastic ''improvements'' they must realise that they will prob be snapped the next day leaving the gym, coffee shop etc and be compared without full make up to the ''new and improved photo edited'' version. Thus they come off looking twice as worse as, well themselves...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually saw an article in Marie Claire maybe a year or so ago where the person writing the article had 2 sets of pictures - the real ones, and the photoshopped ones. After seeing that, I have never bothered to think that any mag pictures are ever real-life attainable! This is another great example. I wish more people saw this!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Seems the NY Times has an article on a *similar* subject today ...

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is sad when people cant be themselves.
Im fugly and have no problem with that :}

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I wish all preteen girls could see more images like this. And quit striving to be like covers.

She is still a magnificant beyond measure beauty (before photoshop). But real should be what we consumers demand. No photoshop...on covers. Should be some sort of false advertising. I realize we aren''t buying her...but they are using her likeness and it should be hers-not some image that wasn''t even there. Someone decided to reposition her arm behind her...she lost her hand. Why? Because her hand looks aged? For goodness sakes. What percentage would you say is accurate? At least 50% is changed...wouldn''t you say?

DKS

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
one of the In Touch, or Us weekly did a spread recently too of celebs without makeup. I actually thought Jessica Simpson was one of the few that looked just as pretty sans makeup than she did all glammed up. seriously though, the difference between some of them is really amazing and all the photoshopping is just crazy..

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2007 6:12:56 PM
Author: strmrdr

I don''t believe that for a moment Storm!!!

Then I am fugly too. hehehehee
9.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
That pic of Marilyn is gorgeous. At least as gorgeous as glammed-up-Marilyn.

Human-ness and frailty (as opposed to fantasy) can be so beautiful and that photo is so very human.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a great thread! I remember reading an article a few years ago in which Jenny McCarthy talked about her experience posing for Playboy. She was talking about how she had stretch marks and zits and some not so thin areas on her body and all of them were airbrushed out, I think she said she thought it looked nothing like her body in real life.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
No you''re not!!!
1.gif

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/16/2007 4:18:18 PM
Author: decodelighted
This video is interesting too ... it was linked on that Celebs W/O Makeup page I linked above.
OMG...they actually stretched her neck and raised both eyes. I had no idea original pics were changed THAT much!!

chiefneil

Shiny_Rock
It''s not just women either. Men''s Health did something similar with its cover of Andy Roddick, pumping his arms up to Terminator proportions. The article has a link to actual photos of Roddick, who posted a comment on his web site "I think Nadal wants his arms back". Nadal is another tennis player who really does have arms like that!

Nadal wants his arms back

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2007 4:30:24 PM

Touché Decodelighted!

Nicrez, you took the words from my fingertips. I look 500 times better in photographs than IRL. This is exaggerated with full war paint on.

This said, although I do not pretend to appreciate the pressure that comes with being photographed daily, I understand that being scrutinised could lead to over protectiveness. Ergo, being over zealous with the photographic ''magic marker''.

What makes me suspicious is that if these photo edited ''stars'' approve such drastic ''improvements'' they must realise that they will prob be snapped the next day leaving the gym, coffee shop etc and be compared without full make up to the ''new and improved photo edited'' version. Thus they come off looking twice as worse as, well themselves...
really? ugh - not me!! I take HORRIBLE pics, I always have.... I''ve never been photogenic. I have maybe a handful of pics from my entire life that look good..... the best picture I ever took was my senior picture and I look *great* but I still looked better in real life than in pictures. I always was jealous of photogenic people.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2007 7:05:27 PM
Author: Skippy123

I don''t believe that for a moment Storm!!!

Then I am fugly too. hehehehee
9.gif
naw ur not fugly but I is ... seee....

hahahahahahaha1.jpg

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Cool to see how much they photoshop.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results