shape
carat
color
clarity

Major Upgrade!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa, back from my presentation to senior management. Good news is that we are cleared for a major software release install two weekends from now. They wanted to know stuff like: have all defects uncovered during system integration testing been corrected, have you completed the risk assessment, how many customers would be impacted if there are problems, have you published a backout plan, who will be on site to support, who will be on call etc .. blah blah blah.

Now that that is over, I can sneak a peak at my new diamond ..... its purty ....

Yeah, where''s my loupe when I need it? I actually have 3 loupes (two 10x, one 14x) and they are all at home right now along with my Refractometer, Polarizing filter, RI liquid, Polariscope, Dichroscope and Spectroscope (all things I used during GIA Gem ID class).

mmm - I can honestly say I haven''t seen the picture that websailor posted before. Looks to me like he folded a piece of paper to make a grading trough and then set the diamond in it.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay yay...you got your D...and one as big as the sun, I might add!!!! It looks gorgeous...can''t wait to see more pics! I''m amazed at your sheer ability to concentrate at ALL today!!!
3.gif
30.gif
36.gif
3.gif
30.gif
36.gif
3.gif
30.gif
36.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Lucky girl! I want a D.... maybe 2...
11.gif
9.gif
2.gif

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Websailro and CFlutist-

WOWZA! That is one stunning stone....I am so happy for web that he got to actually surprise CFlutist, and sososo happy for CFlutist that she was the recipient of sucha stunning gift.

I am wondering if that is the oval that I coveted from the window of that jewelry store in Santana Row? There was a honkin'' huge D oval in the window the last time I was ''dream window'' shopping down there...had to go to Coach, jp tods, and walk past the sparkly window of the jewelry store.

If that was the stone, i will miss it on my next trip, but take solace in teh fact that a) CFlutist got it and not someone who wouldn''t appreciate its beauty, and b) they will replace it with a new honkin'' huge sparkly to ogle!

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Delicious treat, cflutist!
30.gif
WebS is a sweetheart!

Setting ideas yet? will you be loyal to the YG club? lol!
41.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just checking in again, I had to get out of the sun, cflutist I am soooo happy for you!! D is the absolute in my book and it''s 5 plus carats??? OMG can''t wait to see how you set that baby!!! Way to go websailor, oh and could you give my hubby some help in the diamond department??
35.gif

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Cflutist & Websailor!!!! OMG that rock is HUGE! It sure is beautiful!
Jennifer- Your earrings are beautimous!
Libster- Man, that is great to have won the lottery! I would be in the twilight zone!

Best wishes to you ALL!!
30.gif

Luv

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/1/2005 2:12:29 PM
Author: jenwill
Websailro and CFlutist-

WOWZA! That is one stunning stone....I am so happy for web that he got to actually surprise CFlutist, and sososo happy for CFlutist that she was the recipient of sucha stunning gift.

I am wondering if that is the oval that I coveted from the window of that jewelry store in Santana Row? There was a honkin'' huge D oval in the window the last time I was ''dream window'' shopping down there...had to go to Coach, jp tods, and walk past the sparkly window of the jewelry store.

If that was the stone, i will miss it on my next trip, but take solace in teh fact that a) CFlutist got it and not someone who wouldn''t appreciate its beauty, and b) they will replace it with a new honkin'' huge sparkly to ogle!
Jenwill,

6.gif
Don''t go giving cflutist ideas! It was hard enough finding ONE stone! If there is another one, she might switch from "just" a 5ct pendant to two 5 ct earrings! Oh, and if she does, thanks Jennifer
31.gif
!!! She''s already threatened me with the loss of all my Google gains, along with a few body parts for subjecting her to this trauma!

From all the calls I''ve gotten (bout one every fifteen minutes), you''d think all her co-workers have turned into raving lunatic murdering diamond theives!
face22.gif

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/1/2005 2:23:16 PM
Author: kaleigh
Just checking in again, I had to get out of the sun, cflutist I am soooo happy for you!! D is the absolute in my book and it''s 5 plus carats??? OMG can''t wait to see how you set that baby!!! Way to go websailor, oh and could you give my hubby some help in the diamond department??
35.gif
Kaleigh,

Sure, but I''m not sure he''ll appreciate it! All it takes is $$$$$$$ LOL!

Hey, that means I get a trip to Hawaii!!! Yeah!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmm well having already been FOOLED by my loving husband this AM (and man he got me too, i was absolutely livid thinking he had double booked playing in a concert tonite when we have our photographer's new studio party which i have been looking fwd to for WEEKS and made sure he put into his Palm right away, then he came clean...
29.gif
)...and my boss having been fooled by a client already by saying there was a huge problem on a $100k order..I am in a very skeptical mood!!!
20.gif

BUT...if all of these fabulous stories are true...then....

HOLY MOLY that cushion looks amazing. what a great surprise!! I can't wait to see what happens with it..a ring would be fabulous and never too big.
9.gif
and yes I wish I had bought Google too.

Jennifer you are the biggest most huge spoiled jewelry brat EVER...those pears are just huge..that blurry pic on your ear almost blinded me.

Libster...can I be your adopted jewelry sister? I want to wear your asscher ring when you are not. teach me how to play the lotto.
9.gif

Happy April Fools all....we'll see what shakes out to be true come tomorrow!!
31.gif

websailor

Brilliant_Rock

Welcome to the 2005 Pricescope April Fools Day Theater!

Yes, it''s true - there is no 5 ct Oval for cflutist and a few of the other upgrades might, uuhhhmmm

20.gif
, be a bit suspicious too... let''s just say I''ll let everyone fess up if they want to
emotion-14.gif

Thank you Mara for your 2004 "So excited!!! We upgraded again!" topic which inspired me to set up this 2005 topic. I can truly say that we did have a lot of fun with this, all in the spirit of April Fools Day, and with letting us let loose with some Pricescope dreams.

I hope everyone on PS enjoyed this topic and had fun laughing at our absurd twists and turns. Gosh, maybe we should go into soap opera script writing!

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

In my humble opinion, the entire cast of this fine day deserves an Oscar. I''m just not sure it it''s this kind, or this kind:

Oscar111.jpg

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I just want to say how hurt and disappointed I am in all of you. Everyone responded to the 5 carat oval, the 4 carat earrings and the 1 million lottery winning, but NO ONE congratulated me on my new stud earrings!
29.gif

And my lie was probably the most believable of all of them.
9.gif

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know, I think the prospect of a Pricescoper with a five carat oval was more fun than an April Fool''s joke...

God I love ovals.

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Jennifer can''t post from work and she asked me to post this for her:

Sorry--it''s April Fool''s!

But these earrings are very special--they were my wedding earrngs! CZ & sterling for all of $45 back in ''96.

Please do''t hold my very first April fool''s Day Prank against me!!!!!

PS it makes you think, eh???? these $45 suckers don''t look too bad at all... especially when you think the real deal would cost about $60,000+!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know Daniela, I was secretly hoping that the 5c cushion was real...I think Jen''s earrings MAY BE knowing about her ''habit'' and the Libster Leon earrings, DROOL. Who knows??!

Websailor...when I read this I thought ... hmm didn''t I do something like this last year, but yours was way more believable obviously than MY D VVS2 ..hehehe...

I just read through my old thread, man was that fun!!!
31.gif
I was thinking when I wrote it, how fabulous would this be if it were TRUE!!!! Ahh diamond dreams.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I must admit, you got me. I didn't even start to become suspicious until Libster said she won the lotto
20.gif

I guess I just wanted it all to be true.
3.gif

Cath

Shiny_Rock
Aww, no fair starting an April Fool''s joke the day before!

I think we''ll have to take back all our comments about Websailor being a wonderful husband now...
2.gif

mightyred

Shiny_Rock
From now on you shall be know as EVIL websailor.
emangry.gif

I had a feeling it was a joke but the optimist in me decided to go with the flow and hope someone had a hubby who would do something so Fab! ......damn you. I had a 3 for 0 quota for April Fools Day until now! You suck !
emotion-5.gif

And the Oscar goes to.............

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
face24.gif

emcry.gif
My reputation on PS is ruined now! Sniff, sniff

LOL actually - it was part of the plan to start early to throw everyone off, but then cflutist needed a last minute PS fix, and it showed her as logged on...so I had to hold off posting the first message longer to make it more believeable that she went to bed. As it was, I only missed the actual start of April 1 by a few minutes....
41.gif

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
You guys suck!
2.gif

I''ve gotten fooled twice today. Once here, and the soon-to-be FI got me good this morning too. GRRRRR.....

36.gif

Cath

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/1/2005 3:25:53 PM
Author: websailor

LOL actually - it was part of the plan to start early to throw everyone off, but then cflutist needed a last minute PS fix, and it showed her as logged on...so I had to hold off posting the first message longer to make it more believeable that she went to bed. As it was, I only missed the actual start of April 1 by a few minutes....
41.gif
If I''m not mistaken, you guys live on the West Coast so you actually started 3 hours and a few minutes before...
2.gif

I would never have thought to check to see if cflutist was logged in or not -- such detailed planning! I did wonder though -- who goes to sleep at 9pm??

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/1/2005 3:37:11 PM
Author: Cath

Date: 4/1/2005 3:25:53 PM
Author: websailor

41.gif
If I''m not mistaken, you guys live on the West Coast so you actually started 3 hours and a few minutes before...
2.gif

I would never have thought to check to see if cflutist was logged in or not -- such detailed planning! I did wonder though -- who goes to sleep at 9pm??
That is correct - it was 8:56 PM our time when I posted it. Since we had folks across the nation involved, we did have to take that into account.
10.gif

Actually cflutist fairly often goes to sleep by 9 PM or earlier. She gets up very early to go to work too. Princesses do need their beauty sleep!
9.gif

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
6.gif
For those of you feeling a bit hoodwinked, please don''t feel bad - there are entire nations that get taken by April Fool''s Day hoaxes!!!
6.gif

If you want a few more laughs and some explanations of this phenomenah, check out The Top 100 April Fool''s Day Hoaxes of All Time

It''s even kinda educational! And PS is partly about that and telling our stories....
emotion-14.gif

Okay, I''ll admit it - I''m a bad bad boy today!

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
23.gif
23.gif

i guess this was better that having a paper fish pinned to your back(comme le Poisson D''Avril en France).

i *totally* fell for it!
10.gif
10.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
OMG--don't hate me!!!
emembarrassed.gif

I'm home...took afternoon off ...did pick up my new thumb ring, tho
11.gif
...but alas--no 4+ ct pear Oprah earrings!

But as Websailor posted for me, they were my wedding earrngs...I was ahead of my time...
2.gif

Thanks to everyone for being such good sports! And we can all just blame Mara anyway--she started it last year!
2.gif
1.gif

Now someone will have to carry on the tradition next year!
9.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, my turn to come clean.

The picture websailor posted was a picture he took last night of a 7x5 mm Signity CZ that has a L:W ratio of 1.40 (also has really good cut proportions). I have an entire collection of 1ct equivalent CZs just for fun. The specs on the diamond in question were calculated based on the weight estimation formulas I got during GIA Diamond Grading class (had to grade actual stones in this class). They would be right on for a 5.15 ct oval with a 60% depth, a 1:39 L:W ratio and a medium girdle. Cost of such diamond is around $80K.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
aaaahh.....so glad you didn''t REALLY have to worry about that thing while you were at work all day!!
26.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock

Boy are some of you guilable - and we''ve become more of a guilable group.

9.gif
The first year I posted that I traded in my 3 carat diamond for a 1/2 carat D/IF from Tiffany''s (those who remember Jlim will get a special tickle). NO ONE believed me! And, in 2004, Mara so busted immediately.

Funny, the only person person I kinda believed was Libster - go figure. Cfluist is simply too frugal & websailor too attuned to that for such a lavish purchase w/o her input. Not to mention the caviler (albeit sweet) presentation. I''d freak with a loose stone like that at work.
6.gif
Jenn, I think I remember something about your CZ wedding e.r. But, Georgia does have a lottery & the money does go to the school system (as in my home state) & WELL someone''s got to win.

Until I saw this thread this morning, I was going to be very bad and tell everyone about Mara''s new 3.something Carat diamond upgrade. Now, that *would* be something to believe.
9.gif

It''s been a fun ride.

9.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw the picture early this morning, but did not post for awhile thinking it might be a joke...and when the thread kept getting longer I thought---must be real!

I''ve been wondering all afternoon how much freakin Google stock you had to buy to afford a 5 ct D stone...!!!

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/1/2005 4
6.gif
6.gif
5 PM
Author: cflutist
Okay, my turn to come clean.

The picture websailor posted was a picture he took last night of a 7x5 mm Signity CZ that has a L:W ratio of 1.40 (also has really good cut proportions). I have an entire collection of 1ct equivalent CZs just for fun.

3.gif

I know czs are practically verboten here but that''s a great looking mcfakerton in that photo! Dunno if it''s photogs skill or the stone itself. Gives me new respect for czs as sincerest form of diamond flattery. Hmmm... I think I need some new cheap toys until my 5ct+ EC ship comes in.
27.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results