shape
carat
color
clarity

Madoff gets 150 yrs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Just in...Madoff got 150 years

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good.

yep
emthup.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t believe his attorney was asking for a 12-year sentence. This means with good behaviour, he''d have been out in 7-8 yrs. Was that supposed to be enough to ease all the pain and suffering of all his victims?!! What a nerve!!
29.gif

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Finally, some good news. My first thought when they busted in with :breaking news: was "Who died now??"

What a lowlife... he deserves it. For all those lives he ruined.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
36.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahahaha! Is that all?

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Not enough!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope the other fellas in prison take real good care of him
2.gif

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i agree 150 years is the correct sentence time. i think it should be on a work farm instead of in a cell where he is served his meals. he needs to learn the concept of working for a living rather than living on someone else.

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Rounding off what he took to $15 billion (and it may be more) he is getting about one year for every $100 million he stole. (if I did my math right)

Quite a light sentence if you look at it that way.

The calculation also gives perspective to the just ginourmous amount money he stole. Absolutely beyond comprehension.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 4:09:59 PM
Author: Beacon
Rounding off what he took to $15 billion (and it may be more) he is getting about one year for every $100 million he stole. (if I did my math right)

Quite a light sentence if you look at it that way.

The calculation also gives perspective to the just ginourmous amount money he stole. Absolutely beyond comprehension.
You are so right, Beacon!

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 12:37:25 PM
Author: Madam Bijoux
2.gif
Hahaha and ditto!

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder if his wife knew what he was up to? I was reading that all of their posessions and properties are being taken from them. If she did know, which I can''t imagine she didn''t, do you think that she should be held accountable in a way too? I wonder how she will adjust to a new life having to fend for herself instead of living in the lap of luxury.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Great.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 5:23:46 PM
Author: girlface
I wonder if his wife knew what he was up to? I was reading that all of their posessions and properties are being taken from them. If she did know, which I can''t imagine she didn''t, do you think that she should be held accountable in a way too? I wonder how she will adjust to a new life having to fend for herself instead of living in the lap of luxury.
Ruth issued a statement this afternoon. She is saying she is apalled by Bernie''s action and is acting like she knew nothing of the fraud.
She was very close to the business, how the heck could Bernie hide everything from her?
I also don''t think she should get 2 miilion dollars to live on. Let her work.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 5:44:22 PM
Author: bebe

Date: 6/29/2009 5:23:46 PM
Author: girlface
Ruth issued a statement this afternoon. She is saying she is apalled by Bernie''s action and is acting like she knew nothing of the fraud.
She was very close to the business, how the heck could Bernie hide everything from her?
I also don''t think she should get 2 miilion dollars to live on. Let her work.
She was VERY close the this business, how convenient to now be apalled??? They ruined lives of many, and many are too old to make back anything and are going back to work in their what was supposed to be their Golden years. I also want his sons to fess up to what they knew. I mean they had to have known Dad''s rates of success were too good to be true....

I feel so bad for his victims. I pray some of the money goes back to them. It''s going to be a long process, many victims that are elderly will die waiting for this money. Just awful, all around.
39.gif

Doing what he did, was evil.
38.gif

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
I totally agree bebe. There is no way that she could have been totally oblivious, leading her billion dollar lifestyle. Lets see how she does starting from scratch and living like the rest of us.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 12:37:25 PM
Author: Madam Bijoux
2.gif
maybe he can make friends with some of his previous investors.

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
There''s no limit to avarice, is there? I feel sorry for those who lost their life''s savings or have their dreams destroyed because of him. 150 yrs ain''t worth jack, given his existing age. His kids have benefitted tremendously from his ill gotten gains. Perhaps they shd do something as a way to pay back society.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Haha. Jerk got what he deserved.... Now what about his sons and everyone else that was shady?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
UGH, this man disgusts me. It''s little comfort to the victims to know that he''ll die in prison. So many lives just wasted...

Has anyone been reading the series of Madoff stories in Vanity Fair? I think they started 2-3 months ago. First story was a background piece on him- how the sting went down. Second story was from the POV of his long-time assistant. And this month''s story (July issue) is about his sons- did they know?

Fascinating reads, I highly recommend them!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 2:16:51 PM
Author: ChargerGrrl
UGH, this man disgusts me. It''s little comfort to the victims to know that he''ll die in prison. So many lives just wasted...

Has anyone been reading the series of Madoff stories in Vanity Fair? I think they started 2-3 months ago. First story was a background piece on him- how the sting went down. Second story was from the POV of his long-time assistant. And this month''s story (July issue) is about his sons- did they know?

Are there online links? I never read vanity fair...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
While it may sound and feel good, it does nothing for his victims. My heart broke as I listed to a retired lady recount how she''s living her life today on NPR; She is getting by on food stamps, trying to do odd jobs, collect recyceables and such. She has nothing left; she tried so hard to invest properly. There were many others too who trusted him with their life savings...
7.gif

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 2:30:33 PM
Author: Chrono
While it may sound and feel good, it does nothing for his victims. My heart broke as I listed to a retired lady recount how she''s living her life today on NPR; She is getting by on food stamps, trying to do odd jobs, collect recyceables and such. She has nothing left; she tried so hard to invest properly. There were many others too who trusted him with their life savings...
7.gif
Please don''t get me wrong I feel terrible for all those who lost their life savings but even in legitimate investments there is always a chance you can lose money which is why you don''t invest more than you can afford to lose. I hope other people will take something away from all this you should never give everything you''ve saved to anyone, you''re just asking for trouble.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 2:27:47 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Date: 6/30/2009 2:16:51 PM

Author: ChargerGrrl

Are there online links? I never read vanity fair...

TG, you read my mind! Right after I hit SUBMIT, I thought "crap, I should''ve included links"

The Madoff Chronicles
The Victims
Did the sons know?
What the Secretary Saw

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results