shape
carat
color
clarity

MA get together...so much fun!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Tberube is right about Selkie''s ring - pictures just don''t do it justice. It''s INCREDIBLY hard to catch the AMAZING color blue this stone is......but here are a few attempts to give a rough idea.

12-29-07 Selkiering.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I wish I''d have thought to get a bit of backlighting.....but by this point, the natural light in the room was waning.

12-29-07 Selkiering2.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

12-29-07 Selkiering1.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
While we're on the subject of blue, everyone take a deep breath because diamonds aren't the only things that look amazing in bezel earrings! Selkie's are breathtaking!

12-29-07 Selkieearrings2.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Looooooooook at that blue!

12-29-07 Selkieearrings1.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I just could not get over the personality in these stones!

12-29-07 Selkieearrings.jpg

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
aljdewey - I LOVE THAT PICTURE OF MY EMERALD!!!! I can''t even see it that close up in real life! I fell in love with it all over again! I hope you don''t mind that I''m going to HAVE TO use it as my permanent PS avatar..

Thanks again, you''re the best.
36.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww, shucks, Tberube! Thanks for the compliment! I feel the same way about everyone. I wish we all could have hung out longer so we could get to know each other more. Hopefully in time that will happen.

It was fun wathcing everyone''s reactions as they tried on others'' rings and necklaces. I tried not to stare so much at everything I saw but it was just so mesmerizing.
30.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Diamante had some incredible pieces....this is an emerald cut on my hand. This is a 6.39 ct.

12-29-07 Diaemcut.jpg

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
SWOOOONING at those bezel set sapphires - my GOD I love them!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
A little bit closer..........

12-29-07 diaemcut1.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Alj, I often squeal in delight over the simplest things. It doesn''t take much...
9.gif
Perhaps I''ve been around my second graders too much. Oh the squealing that goes on in my classroom!
9.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
A LOT closer....lol

This stone does have some warmth, but not nearly as much as this picture would make you think. The STEPS in this shot, though.......swwwwwwwwwwoon.

12-29-07 diaemcut2.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
This is more how I think it actually looks IRL.

PS - this baby does FABULOUS things for finger real estate! LOL

12-29-07 diaemcut3.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Despite my well-known reputation for hoggin'' the honkers, Zoe managed to wrestle it off my paw and snag a little time with it herself!

12-29-07 EmcutonZoe.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Here is the emerald cut next to another ring of Diamante''s with emeralds and diamonds? Diamante, is that right?

12-29-07 diajewels4.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I was SO engrossed in my little photo orgy that I didn't notice until I got home and began editing that the stones in this piece are emerald/asscher cut!

12-29-07 Diajewels3.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2007 9:11:26 PM
Author: aljdewey
Despite my well-known reputation for hoggin'' the honkers, Zoe managed to wrestle it off my paw and snag a little time with it herself!
And it fit so PERFECTLY too! To a T. Thanks Blu, for loaning it out.
1.gif

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/29/2007 9:14:31 PM
Author: aljdewey
I was SO engrossed in my little photo orgy that I didn''t notice until I got home and began editing that the white stones in this piece are emerald/asscher cut!
Yeah. I almost passed out when Diamante handed me that beauty......LOVE at first sight!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

Diamante''s ring was the big sis of the day.....6.89 ct. VS stone (don''t know the color, Blu can fill that in).

First thing I thought of when I saw it......Mara''s gonna be SO pissed!

27.gif
LMAO

12-29-07 Diamantering.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

This is her ring on her finger......

12-29-07 diaring9299.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ladies, Ladies, Ladies,

What beautiful, drop dead gorgeous rings you have. Love those sapphire earrings too and what a gorgeous diamond and emerald ring, whoo hoo.

I am so glad you all had such a wonderful time. What a grand way to bring in the "almost" new year.

I am going back to look at these pictures AGAIN.
36.gif

Linda

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
This is it on MINE.....(I liked it SO much better there! LOL)

Seriously.....she was VERY gracious to let us all take a spin with it.

I''ve decided that there really is NO such thing as too big. I looked at this and said "...........yeah. I *could* carry off a stone this size!"
11.gif

12-29-07 Diaring3.jpg

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Tberube, you are such a sweetheart! I really enjoyed chatting with you, I can''t wait until the next get-together so we can talk a bit more! :) I really hope we can all get over to the Jeweler''s Building soon!

Zoe and Selkie, thanks so much for suggesting the get-together. I''m so glad everybody could make it, I had such a great time.

And alj, your restaurant choice was PERFECT and you are a blast!! Thanks so much for taking all of the pictures--I could listen to you and KtRN talk about diamonds all day long!!

Meeting all of you was a joy, I completely agree with Alj that PS obviously attracts some intelligent, fun, lovely ladies!

P.S. HA! Naturally the table of my stone is wicked dirty--it allows you to see it in its most natural state :)

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
NELady, to be honest, nearly all the stones were dirty despite what I''m sure were thorough baths this morning!

It''s hard to stay clean with such a molest-fest going on! LOL

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Of course, hubby had a slightly different opinion......

He saw this picture, choked on his drink, and said, ''uh, it''s pretty but that''s a bit BIG for you, isn''t it?"

Uh............no? HEHEHHEHEHE

He''s a-scared now!

12-29-07 Diamantering1.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
DiaBlu has fairly small fingers, so we were all intrigued by this set-up........lets the ring sit more snug as it doesn''t have to fit over the knuckle.

12-29-07 Diamantering2.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, all your rings are GORGEOUS!!!!
30.gif
I love the pictures Alj; you are an awesome photographer to capture the arrows and details of the stones!
3.gif
How wonderful is that that you all get to meet each other and drool over gorgeous rings. . . sounds like a blast and what fun to make friends irl!!! Yay for the the bling show, thanks for sharing!!!
1.gif
Hopefully someday I can attend one of these; I would love to meet all of you. Everyone on PS is so wonderful and friendly!!!
9.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Glad you ladies had so much fun!!! What gorgeous bling you all have!!!
36.gif
36.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Oh Ellen..............we have a new submission for your fire thread! YOWZA!

12-29-07 DiaFIRE.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results