shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for Opinions on some Diamond Band Rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys for your candor, I appreciate your honesty. I like the sapphire one cause its a bit modern in a way its not over the top. The Stuller one has a 1920''s kind of flair to it I think. The biggest appeal is that the Stuller peice uses such large stones. I **love** large stones. ;-) The ring too would be 14K white gold as the platinum is a good $700 more! That is a huge jump, a bit high actually. I suppose I''ll juat have to plate it every couple years. What a pain. I love my platinum cause well, its still white & so far, maintenance free.
21.gif
Should I leave as is or do you think a blue sapphire, or hell, even yellow, look good in the middle? I thought too maybe 3 sapphire stones & maybe 2 diamonds. Boy, the possibilities are endless. LOL

Ok, going back to check everyones site.
31.gif

Judy
:)

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2006 6:15:44 PM
Author: ccuheartnurse

Ok, found this one by Stuller (#12436). ... So does this one say 'hello, I'm from the 80's'?

Yeah.. 1880 that is
2.gif
But those 80's are 'in' aparently.

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2006 11:24:21 PM
Author: valeria101
Yeah.. 1880 that is
2.gif
But those 80''s ate ''in'' aparently.

LOL! I love that setting, very classy and antique looking and that kind of beauty never goes out of style.
36.gif

I also like the sapphire one. I just love how a pretty dark blue sapphire looks next to a white diamond.
30.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
49PP13.jpg
37PP13.jpg

31PP13.jpg
47PP13.jpg

Img_0315.jpg

2.gif

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh boy, are you trying to hurt me? LOL I love those bands & have to check out Firenze every day. I''m sure they have me logged onto their site & are watching me closely. LOL I love theml, but just not looking for that much pave. Am I hearing that the Stuller one so far out of all of them is the more popular? I guess in the white gold it will be more antique-ish.
Valeria, would you have a few minutes to paint blue sapphires into that 1880''s inspired band.
36.gif
9.gif
I was thinking blue centre, then diamonds then blue. I just dont know if it will look ok. My girlfriends up here are like....Stick with the diamonds already! I need to make up my mind in the next few days. Have to get my shite together sometime.

Are there any other websites I might have missed? I think I hit quite a few. Adwar didnt have anything like this, & cant access leo ingewar site tonight. I think they''re having some issues there. LOL I have also been looking at Overnightmountings.com Have I missed any?

Judy
;-)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Judy NOTHING does better with diamonds than blue sapphires!!! Don''t listen to your friends!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CCUHN I loooove that Stuller band in YG, it''s just like one of my RHRs!!! Imagine it in white... yummo
18.gif

5stonePicNo2.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a photoshopped pic of the Stuller ring in white gold and alternate diamonds and blue sapphires. It looks really beautiful to me.

photoshopped_stuller_ring.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/5/2006 12:07:57 AM

Valeria, would you have a few minutes to paint blue sapphires into that 1880''s inspired band.
;-)
It took a minute to find this... and got late.

One word about sapphires: this setting seems very flattering to diamonds (in yellow gold bezles, J-K colors would look terrific! and a some ''shallower'' ideal cuts right at home), but harsh on sapphire - darker colored ones would get very inky and lost
7.gif
For the ring to look anything like the pictures below, the sapphires should really be top color - the blue in there is a bit ''optimistic'' so to speak.

OneWord.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2006 1:44:45 AM
Author: qtiekiki
Here''s a photoshopped pic of the Stuller ring in white gold and alternate diamonds and blue sapphires. It looks really beautiful to me.
Oooh that looks really beautiful and I''m not really a mixed sapphire/diamond gal...but that Stuller looks great in WG with those alternating stones.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sapphire and diamonds.... another way:

mission_image.gif

And the easiest:

J67_1

Three carats diamond & sapphire above, and four carats of sapphires below:

J255_2

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Valeria, those are GORGEOUS.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I do love sapphires and diamonds! All my rhr''s are either sapphire or Tanzanite! I just love blue the most!

But I think for the Stuller ring, I''d do the 3 sapphires and 2 diamonds. If you go with all diamonds, then it looks like a wedding band to me. So if you want a diamond band for your 5th anniversary, I''d go with the sapph/diam combination on this one. Except I, personally, would probably go with a three-stone on the order of SanDiegoLady''s new ring (on a smaller scale! and probably center sapphire and side diamonds to save money).

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG! You guys are AWSOME! I was having trouble envisioning the ring in white, then to add to my brain fart, I was having trouble seeing blue. Now I can see very clearly that the blue in that setting is beautiful! I really like that princess one, but in light of seeing the Stuller one all dolled up with the sapphires, I''m going with that one for sure. NOW, I have to figure out, what combo I like best!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DOES THE MADNESS NEVER END? Leonid, you have got us here for a VERY long time. LOL

Qt...Thank you so much for making that ring come alive. You are skilled.
Valeria...Thank you too. You are Pricescope''s answer to Picasso.
36.gif
I''m getting a ring made for my husband & was insistent that the colour be top. I''m rather a fussy girl.
23.gif
Either way, I''m glad I have a healthy budget to work with cause this ring is NOT going to be cheap.
DanDiAndi...Thank you for having a similar ring. I want the ring to span the top of my finger & I see that it will. :)

Thank you all again for taking the time to help me out. I feel great now knowing that I''ve picked, half way anyway, LoL, my birthday present. Now, 3 choices:
1. All diamond
2. Center blue
3. 3 blue alternating.

Ok, going to go & check on my husband. We got hit with a winter storm yesterday & he''s now using his new snowblower I got him for Christmas. LOL We''ve had no snow all January so he''s been going to look at it in the garage.
3.gif
He looks like he''s having fun. LOL

I''ll be on later.

Judy

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My husband just came in & he is gaga over the alternating one. He says he would choose, either:
1. All diamonds
2. Alternating stones.

Judy

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2006 2:39:10 AM
Author: valeria101

Sapphire and diamonds.... another way:

mission_image.gif

30.gif
that''s an awesome look!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That shooting star band is pretty. I''m looking for some chunk. LOL

Valeria, I reread your post. Do yo think it would be that hard to find top colour stones? I know it will be a bit difficult to find matching ones.

My husband also thought that alternating with 3 diamonds & 2 sapphires might be ok too. I dont know about that look. It would be easier to match 2 stones I would guess. By going with 3 sapp & 2 diamonds, I might be able to swing platinum instead of just 14k. Of course though, if doing more diamond, then I''ll have to do the 14K. LOL

I''ve got dinner guests coming tonight & I just cant get off this computer. LOL

The blessing, I picked the setting. My husband thought that was the end of that. So misguided! hahaha

Judy

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
Hi ...

For what it''s worth, I just completed an on-line purchase from www.firenzejewels.com and they were really WONDERFUL to deal with - very honest and objective - you should definitely give them a call if you''re interested in any of the rings on their website ... I dealt with both Myles and Gabrielle - both very nice, honest, not pushy, etc.

ALSO, when I was in NYC recently, I stopped-by Firenze and saw the quality of their stuff first-hand. I also got to meet Myles (Gabrielle wasn''t there when I went). He was as nice/helpful/professional in-person as he was by phone or on-line. E-mail communications from Gabrielle were always prompt, professional and friendly - even after hours (she apparently works lots of hours!!)

Myles recently told me that they ordered a whole bunch of new inventory from the Simon G/Natalie K 2006 collection, so keep checking the Firenze website for updates (like I do, everyday!!!)
2.gif

I don''t have time to view/vote on your eternity ring choices, but wanted to congratulate you on your upcoming 40th
36.gif
- - don''t be sad, life only gets better after 40!!!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks Brown eyes for the FYI on the new collection coming out. Firenze has some killer gem rings too. I would **love** that sapphire ring with the 3 sided pave. I think its something like $27K or something like that. Oh well, another birthday perhaps. LOL Ya, my 90th maybe.
25.gif

What do you guys think of the reverse pattern, diamond, then sapphire, then diamond? I''m not sure what that would look like either. I''ll need to see it. That would give me some colour, & depth to the ring, but not sure if the diamonds would be too much. Boy, something must be wrong with me when I start talking trash (diamonds would be too much!)..

Judy

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Judy, on your 40th!!! That is a wonderful way to celebrate -- a new bauble!!!!
2.gif

Date: 2/6/2006 11:35:16 AM

What do you guys think of the reverse pattern, diamond, then sapphire, then diamond? I''m not sure what that would look like either. I''ll need to see it. That would give me some colour, & depth to the ring, but not sure if the diamonds would be too much. Boy, something must be wrong with me when I start talking trash (diamonds would be too much!)..

Judy
Sapphire and diamond always look pretty together in any pattern, IMO. Diamonds too much? NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!
9.gif

I just last week contacted Gabrielle at Firenze myself with a few questions, and her responses were prompt and very nice. I would not hesitate to do business with them, and I know there are a few PS members who have had a good experience with them.

Can''t wait to see what you decide.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2006 1:44:45 AM
Author: qtiekiki

Wow, it looks great (as well as Val''s renditions as always
2.gif
) This is going to be a hard decision for you! How exciting. I cannot even decide which one I like best.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This certainly has become a hard decision. What do you think of the diamond being center & then sapphire then diamond? I''m torn because I really wanted a diamond rt hand ring. Well, this ring really shines with the blue''s in it. My other thinking is that I could get an oval sapphire down the road & put a halo aound it or trills, which would look great, but wouldnt be able to do a ring like that in diamond, then it would in fact look like an e-ring. So to not incure that kind of cost, breaking up the diamond into a band is more reasonalbly priced. My husband said either way, diamond or mixed, he loves all the options.

Judy

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2006 11:35:16 AM
Thanks Brown eyes for the FYI on the new collection coming out. Firenze has some killer gem rings too. I would **love** that sapphire ring with the 3 sided pave. I think its something like $27K or something like that. Oh well, another birthday perhaps. LOL Ya, my 90th maybe.
25.gif

Judy
ccuheartnurse - here''s the photoshopped pic of the other alternating pattern, so you can picture it. I don''t think you can go wrong with either patterns or all diamonds.

photoshopped_stuller_ring_2.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
And all options together. I want all three, but that wouldn''t help you.

photoshopped_stuller_ring_collage.jpg

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, thank you, thank you. For the pics that is, but your decision making skills are, ahhhh, not that good.
9.gif
13.gif
See what I''m up against?! I am a nut case, I printed out all three rings, then I cut a hole in em & tried to model them on my hand. Yes, even though the pics are huge. LOL I''m cracking up at my obscession right now. My brother said, if your husband wants to buy you diamonds, let him. If sapphires are cheaper, then buy them for yourself down the road. LOL LOL I told him he was onto something there.
27.gif
That other princess band would come out costing much more than an all diamond version of the Stuller ring so I''m for sure going to pass on it. I said it, I would rather pay for a .25 stone than a wax mold. LOL

Thanks to all of you, really, for amusing a nutty girl like me.

Judy

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
Haha!
3.gif
I am sitting here laughing out loud as I try to picture you cutting holes in your paper rings and trying them on!

That''s too funny!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results