shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for Opinions on some Diamond Band Rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi All,

My 40th birthday (GASP) is fast approaching & my husband said he would like to buy me something special. I think he wants me to stop crying.
3.gif
I dont know why I'm so emotional over this birthday, its just a higher number after all. Either way, I'm really lucky that he wants to be so generous cause he said after he bought my e-ring I was cut off of diamonds.
23.gif
9.gif
My budget is about $2000. give or take a bit. Dont we all know the budget needs to be a tad loose.[$$)]
What I'm looking for is something simple, classic, has that WOW to it, & yet, wont be in this year & out next year kind of thing. I'm also thinking larger stones, .10's to .15's or somewhere in between. It will be in white gold.
Also, my wedding band has 3-.22's with a bar on either side so pretty much looks like an eternity band. My husband didnt want me buying a wedding band but with some arm twisting was ok with a band style ring. I have a size 6 - 6.25 finger.

Here are some choices:
This one looks sort of blah in this picture, but I tried one on that was about 8mm wide, with 2 rows of .15's for a total of 14 stones & 7 vertical rows. Fit like a glove too. ;-)

Judy
:)

11200-stuller.com2rowbarband.jpg

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You gotta love the plastic hands. I found this at Empire Jewelry (something like that) on Ebay.com. Seems bordering on old fashioned, but again, I can see some .15's curving around nicely.
18.gif

Judy

empirejewelsEbay.comCurve2rowband2.jpg

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well, this one's a bit flashier than I thought I would like. That & that its princess instead of round. I'm not sure about the invisible setting, but something about it appeals to me.

Judy

horizonwholesale_1883_50592780princessband.jpg

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like this one too. Not sure what size stones it would take, but I think I would probably look at .7's for this one since its a closed channel & so many stones. I think .10s would make this really pricey.

Judy

Sunjewelery.com1883-curved2rowchannel1.jpg

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
More straight edged, but similar to the curved idea. Looks like I'll have to graduate the stone sizes on this one. But thats ok, I'll go from .15 down to .10. I think it will still look substantial.

Judy

4688-Stuller.com.jpg

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Not sure about this one, but the space in the middle keeps it from looking like a cluster ring of the 80's. Again, would graduate the stones.

Judy

10686-Stuller.com.jpg

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hey Judy, nice to see you back! Congrats on upcoming birthday!
I numbered your ring options so folks will vote easily. I like #5.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you Pricescope! LOL Great thinking & thank you for your opinion.
21.gif

Judy

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I also like #5 the best. 2nd fav is #6!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday Judy! 40 is nothing, believe me! ;-)

First of all, this ring will not be worn with your wedding set, right? Will it be worn on your right hand?

I'm not a fan of #3 because to me the invisible princess setting looks very 80s/90s. I also am not a big fan of curves. So that leaves me liking numbers 5 and 6 the best.

Oh, and I also like #1!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
None!!
11.gif

Sorry...ya know I love you Judy, but those all just scream the 1980's to me!

I was going to suggest something like Seven's 15 pointers (?) 5 stone ring from Signed Pieces, I think it was something like $2400 on the website in WG and it looks fab on her hand. But if I absolutely HAD to choose one of the 6 I would say #6 seems less 80's to me.
2.gif

Oh and HAPPY early birthday, yay for hubby!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
What about hand engraving to make that middle bar modern?

JudysBand3422.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Have you cruised through Facets/Signed Pieces website lately? Man, they have some killer stuff that is pretty reasonable. Also, there''s a RHR thread over in SMTR, and of course there''s the ever-growing eye-candy folder thread that could keep you busy for a few months!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

BTW, whatta fun project!

sluke

Shiny_Rock
Did any of those ring "speak" to you? One that you just can''t stop thinking about it?

I have to agree with Mara, they all seemed 80ish. However, you are the wearer, and if you like it, it doesn''t matter what other thinks.

Happy Birthday!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
None of them are my style either but if I had to choose one it would be #5. You did mention you want something that will be in style years from now so I think maybe a more simple style will be in style longer. I love MissGotRocks new band and it is a stand alone band.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Well, I wasn''t going to say that the styles you chose looked 80s-ish, but since Mara said so, I will admit that I agree! But part of that reason is because you posted yellow gold rings. You would get yours in white gold, right?

I love this one from Facets. It''s platinum...

15645.jpg

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LOL Thanks guys for your opinions. I must be stuck in a time warp cause I thought those rings weren''t THAT bad. LOL Remember the ''80''s though when those kind of rings were in, they had 2 pointers & were selling huge at places like Zales. LOL I thought if I beefed up the stone size then it would look more, well, just more. LOL Ok, I''m back at work tomorrow looking at rings. My husband **really** doesnt want me buying an eternity or half round band. He said he''ll be stuck as to what to buy me for our 5th anniversary. Well, thats 3 yrs from now & as a true Pricescoper, I have lofty jewelery ideas.
31.gif
27.gif
36.gif
17.gif
I like MissGotRock''s band, its beautiful. I even thought alternating sapphires with diamonds, but again, I run into the "wedding band look".

I found a nice band style ring at The One & Only Jewelery store in North York (for all you Toronto people). They were AWFUL! AWFUL! So pressuring saying stuff like "this is the best deal you''re going to get, might not be here tomorrow, just put down $50 to hold it, it''s originally $4000 but you can have it today for $2000, you dont need your husband to say ok, its cheap enough you can buy it yourself". No kidding! There was a woman there, Maria, who I swear her skin was the colour of burlap! She needs to lay off the foundation or the electric beach! The owner, who is always plugging his store on tv, is FOS (full of shite). The stones were yellow, & included beyond belief. He said he had gotten it off a vendor at "the Las Vegas show & its the only one I have". Then when I asked him about better stones, no problem, for a mere $1800 more. Ya, ok. I was born one day, just not today.
41.gif

Not sure about the hand engraving. You''re right, would look more modern. Then again, all that 1920''s stuff is back. If I get one of those bands, I can be back in fashion in 60 yrs! LOL

Judy

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Judy if you get a half eternity or a 5 stone band or similar for this 40th year, I''m SURE we could help your hubby think of SOMETHING else to get you for your 5th anniversary!!
31.gif

I personally are in love with those wide band diamond rings with cutouts and similar...have you seen those? Some are positively beautiful, very vintage looking.
www.firenzejewels.com also has TONS of ring styles, definitely check it out!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2006 11:31:00 PM
Author: Mara
Oh Judy if you get a half eternity or a 5 stone band or similar for this 40th year, I''m SURE we could help your hubby think of SOMETHING else to get you for your 5th anniversary!!
31.gif

I personally are in love with those wide band diamond rings with cutouts and similar...have you seen those? Some are positively beautiful, very vintage looking.
Now we''re talking. Judy check these out, they are soooo pretty!!!
30.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2006 11:31:00 PM
31.gif

I shouldn''t have look there. The rings are so delicious. Now I want a RHR.
30.gif

I think Mara is on the right track with the wide band diamond rings. They don''t look like wedding bands and they are just beautiful.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Are you set on a ring? If I had 2K to spend on something beautiful and classic, I''d get this:

Tennis Bracelet

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think I live on Firenze''s site.
36.gif
I love those bands, & I know that the detail & workmanship is what costs so much, but for the money I would rather have larger stones than pave size 1 pt. ones. I love that Ribbon style one from Simon G or the Natalie K one that you like Mars is really very nice.

Dont hate me because I''m indecisive.
9.gif
10.gif
Remember that commercial wayyyyyyyyyy back when "dont hate because I''m beautiful". LOL I was searching online this morning & came across a site MirageCreations.com Apparently its a company that makes invisible set princess rings, although some have mixed stone shapes in it. My husband, believe it or not, really liked some of those styles. He didnt like the princess ring I put up & said the bars reminded him of Princess Lea. Whatever! The vertical channel one he said looked like braces. Again, whatever! He sure can dish out an opinion. Ok, since he''s paying, I''ll cut him some slack.
I found a few on that site I like, only I cant save the pics as they are protected. So what do I do, take a pic with my cell phone. My regular digital camera isnt working (keeps saying cf card error). Only, I keep getting an error message trying to download to my email addy. If you have some time, here are the #''s I like:
BP 1412 **but in all white stones**
YP 1412 **in white gold, but can use yellow sapphires & white diamonds to cut cost**
PR 551S ** all white, & all in princess cut stones
PR 1484S **all white, all princess
GP963 **all white, all princesses
BP1001 ** all white, pave ok on sides
BP285 ** all white, princesses all around

If any vendors here deal with Mirage or know of a caster than can make any of these rings with my modifications (wont break copyright laws that way I think), then can you please email me at [email protected].

Thank you kindly,
Judy

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I found one without the bar, with prongs instead. There are 2 rows, 7 x .12''s on each, with a total of 14 stones. Am I getting more modern?
20.gif

Judy

59dw8242rowband.jpg

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok, found this one by Stuller (#12436). Comes in a .75ct version (1x.25, 2x.15, 2x.10) or a 1.25ct version (1x.50, 2x.25, 2x.15). I would be looking at the 1.25 ct version. The stones are flush set & at 1st I thought too much like an e-ring with such a large center stone. But I think, as its flush set, that it would be great for a right hand band. My husband *really* doesnt want me getting a wedding band for my rt. hand. He asked me the other night if I was getting married again. I said I might if he didnt start going along with what I want.
9.gif
10.gif
12.gif
So does this one say "hello, I''m from the 80''s"?
I''ll post a different view of it in the next pic.

Judy

Oh, other option would be to put a blue sapphire for the center stone as its pretty large.

12436_3--StullerFaceOn.jpg

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here''s the profile shot of it. Not too high I dont think.

Judy

12436_3--stullerprofile.jpg

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here''s a ring from Spark Creations. They apparently stopped making it so I''ll have to consider having it made here locally which would involve custom charges. I like this one too. It appeals to my conservative & traditional sides. LOL I thought I would do diamonds, but if I have to custom make it, I''ll be doing sapphires for sure, & possibly only 3. I would use princess stones in the bars as well & not rounds. Stupid thing, I dont like mixing my shapes. So.....what are the opinions on the last 2?

Judy

Oh, there are not sapphires on the sides, its open. I will have it made with some kind of basket to protect the stone & not make the setting so delicate. I want to wear it every day when I''m not working.

R3098-SparkCreations--samualgordonjewelers.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Judy I like that Stuller gold one the BEST so far...I really am not loving any others. I think that the Stuller one looks modern but still antiquey in a way....but not a bad 80''s gold way!!
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2006 7:10:37 PM
Oh Judy I like that Stuller gold one the BEST so far...I really am not loving any others. I think that the Stuller one looks modern but still antiquey in a way....but not a bad 80''s gold way!!
9.gif

I agree. It is VERY pretty.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
WOW
to the sapphire and diamond ring. I wear a diamond and sapphire band on my right hand, so I am biased. it is my birthstone, and I think diamonds and sapphires are such a gorgeous and classy combination. By far my favorite diamond and gemstone combo!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results