shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for comparison pic IRL of platinum vs palladium

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katomm

Shiny_Rock
I''ve researched both and would love to see real photos side by side. All the vendor ones of course look super shiny.

katomm

Shiny_Rock
Many thanks!! That''s exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. More and more I think palladium is going to work for me.

Now..............who to order from???? Pearlman''s? Scott Kay?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Hi katomm! I ordered my setting from Pearlman''s and had a fabulous experience. May I ask which setting you''re looking at?

My only complaint with the Palladium is that some of the inevitable scratches I''ve accumulated can''t be polished out the way you can with platinum or white gold, since palladium is so brittle. So if you''re looking at a solitaire, you might want to consider platinum or white gold instead. A settin with sidestones would probably not be an issue.
1.gif

katomm

Shiny_Rock
Hi gecko! Thanks for the response. I had no idea palladium couldn''t be polished back to new. Hmmmmm......something to think about. The setting I want is the wedding band here on the main page for Peter Storm. I just can''t afford to get it straight from him so I was going to go with an on-line jeweler that would custom make and in palladium.

thoughts? suggestions?

http://www.peterstormjewelry.com/home.html

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2009 6:11:16 PM
Author: katomm
Hi gecko! Thanks for the response. I had no idea palladium couldn''t be polished back to new. Hmmmmm......something to think about. The setting I want is the wedding band here on the main page for Peter Storm. I just can''t afford to get it straight from him so I was going to go with an on-line jeweler that would custom make and in palladium.

thoughts? suggestions?

http://www.peterstormjewelry.com/home.html
Something with that level of stonework shouldn''t be a problem as far as scratching in the palladium, in my opinion. My bezel band looks perfect, and it''s been beaten up almost as much as my ering, LOL. It''s the smooth polished surface of my solitaire setting that makes the few good whacks it''s taken stand out so much.
25.gif

Based solely on personal experience, I''d drop Brian Gavin Diamonds a line and see what they can come up with for you - I know they were going to do palladium for Gypsy''s pendant (she ended up with WG).

I''d also check with Julian at Pearlman''s about the pricing in palladium, if you haven''t already. The price difference from what was listed for my setting in platinum and what I ended up paying for the palladium was startling when I got my Scott Kay from them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results