shape
carat
color
clarity

Look at what I just bought!!! Any Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DUTCHSWAN0311

Rough_Rock
I purchased this rock from WhiteFlash.com less than an hour ago. It is being set in 2.7mm Platinum 6-Prong tiffany style setting. My 10th wedding anniversary is not until May, but I had some income tax refund burning a hole in my pocket...do you think my wife will like it? It is replacing a dull .35ct Marquis clunker that I proposed with back when we were poor college students ;-)

. Report: AGS
. Carat: 1.042
. Color: I
. Clarity: VS2
. Cut: Ideal
. Polish: Ideal
. Symmetry: Ideal
. Depth %: 61.3
. Table %: 55.6
. Crown Angle: 34.8
. Crown %: 15.4
. Star : 52
. Pavilion Angle: 40.8
. Pavilion %: 43
. Lower Girdle %: 75
. Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
. Measurements: 6.52 - 6.55 X 4.01
. Light Performance: 0
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible

Halloway Cut Adviser
. Light Return: Excellent
. Fire: Excellent
. Scintillation: Excellent
. Spread: Very Good
Total Visual Performance: 1.4 (Excellent)

newdiamond.JPG

heather318

Shiny_Rock
That''s an awesome upgrade for your wife! That''s so sweet of you to buy her a new ring with your refund check! Most guys I know buy TVs with tax returns.. haha

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! She will LOVE it!

Congrats on the upcoming anniversary as well!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think she''ll be thrilled. It''s a gorgeous stone and you picked a lovely setting. Great job!!!
36.gif

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
How could your wife NOT love it? It''s a beautiful ring and a thoughtful gift.

DUTCHSWAN0311

Rough_Rock
Well, when we bought our new house 18 months ago, I bought a 71" HDTV...now she will have her justice. I just hope she gets as much joy looking at her ring as I do looking at my TV :razz:

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
she''s going to LOVE it...so very sweet and thoughtful of you...

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I''m sure she''ll love it! Great job!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s so pretty!! That is so sweet of you. She is going to LOVE IT!! You''re not going to wait til May to give it to her, are you???

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
She''s a lucky lady!!!! You did a wonderful job!

DUTCHSWAN0311

Rough_Rock
I HAVE to wait until May!

I like to surprise her with sudden trips. My 2 year old son is the result of a surprise trip out of the country for Valentine''s Day. She thought we were going to dinner...surprised she was when I pulled into the airport! We were introduced by a Mexican friend in Iowa 11 years ago...for our anniversary we will be "going to dinner" with that friend...just outside of Cancun. This time I will know what stuff of hers to pack (I apparently did an insufficient packing job last time).

The idea is to have my friend arrange a pastor to just happen to run into us as we are walking on the beach. Our friends will also just happen to be there during the "chance" encounter at which time I will take out the ring and propose a renewal of vows...on the beach.

Muuahhahahahahha...lot''s of "Get out of Dog House free" cards coming my way :)

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2008 5:32:08 PM
Author: DUTCHSWAN0311
I HAVE to wait until May!

I like to surprise her with sudden trips. My 2 year old son is the result of a surprise trip out of the country for Valentine''s Day. She thought we were going to dinner...surprised she was when I pulled into the airport! We were introduced by a Mexican friend in Iowa 11 years ago...for our anniversary we will be ''going to dinner'' with that friend...just outside of Cancun. This time I will know what stuff of hers to pack (I apparently did an insufficient packing job last time).

The idea is to have my friend arrange a pastor to just happen to run into us as we are walking on the beach. Our friends will also just happen to be there during the ''chance'' encounter at which time I will take out the ring and propose a renewal of vows...on the beach.

Muuahhahahahahha...lot''s of ''Get out of Dog House free'' cards coming my way :)

Hahah. You are a riot!
36.gif

Also, can I give you my man''s number? You can fill him in on the ''surprise trip'' dinners.
41.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful husband you are!!! Your wife will love it. The ring is gorgeous!!!

Linda

DUTCHSWAN0311

Rough_Rock
Ladies...educate me:

My wife''s current *uhem "diamond" was put into a wedding set that fit together (the engagement ring and "wedding band") to look like one ring. With the new ring I will be giving her (seen above), is it copacetic to just give her the new "engagement ring" and forget the wedding band portion? I always thought the wedding band that gets attached to the engagement ring looks ugly and takes away from the beauty of an otherwise flawlessly simple setup.

What do you think?

happyfeet1988

Shiny_Rock
Great job, her ring is going to be gorgeous! I need to give you my fiance''s number, all this romantic stuff is making me jealous :) The wedding band depends on your wife. The only issue is people may ask her if she''s engaged if she has no band. But, that doesn''t bother some people and it does bother others, so it''s really personal preference. The good thing is, that stunning ring will go with tons of bands!

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
That is so sweet! She will absolutely LOVE it!
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
You are so sweet!! She will love it! That stone is gorgeous.
36.gif
36.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
That is fantastic! Looks wonderful! What a great upgrade!
36.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Great choice! It''ll be beautiful, and the beach-renewal sounds so romantic. As far as just having the diamond, it''s a personal choice. My upgrade is a much larger diamond than my original in a wide band with pave diamonds. So, for me, it looks big enough to hold it''s own. However, if the band were narrow, I''d probably want some sort of wedding band to go with it. I always think a plain band or a diamond band look beautiful with anything.

Good Luck!

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
I think she needs to have a wedding band too, otherwise she''ll look engaged. Either a plain platinum band or one like this...

20202.jpg

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Dutch,

Like my DH says. She''ll be happy....I''ll be happy.....everybody around us will be happy!!! Get the pic?

that ring is just gorgeous. You are so sweet.

shay

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Any thoughts? Are you kidding. I want to kiss you!
emlips.gif
You are DA MAN! Really great planning...
36.gif
really wonderful stone...awh...I have the warm and fuzzies!

Hmmm on the band thing...not sure what you are trying to describe...but it sounds like it is not a normal band shape that will just slide up to the new one. If not, yes, she is going to need another one. Oh drats. We women just stick together like that! Honest she will.

But you could always forgo the great beautiful BRILLIANT earthquake idea that my fellow poster Jayrenay just posted for your viewing enjoyment...and get a plain band of a modest amount. And then allow her to find the eternity band at a later date and wear all three...the plain, the solitaire and the eternity. (eternity usually means the stones go all the way around...with no ending like an eternity...just thought I would throw that in incase you like the play on words...and felt like using it...eternity is also a GOOD THING)

Not sure what stones are in that original band...but if they hold a sentimental value to her...she can have some counter sunk into a band...and wear her original wedding band stones with the new ensemble. That is an option- and a suggestion to offer her and explain why you didn't ALSO give her a new band??

I think you are due some sort of a break with all the expense you have already gone to in the trip, the plans and that BEAUTIFUL diamond ring. But as Jayrenay suggested that particular style is very popular with we women type...and it would assure you never see the threshold of a dog house. Honest. Lifetime pass. (right now you have 20 years to count on...throw in that new diamond band...and you are coasting with a free pass.)

heather318

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/5/2008 5:54:02 PM
Author: DUTCHSWAN0311
With the new ring I will be giving her (seen above), is it copacetic to just give her the new ''engagement ring'' and forget the wedding band portion?

I think you should let her pick out a wedding band to go with it.. She may like a simple plain band or something with a little more bling and it might be special to let her pick that part of it..

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s a wonderful way to celebrate 10 years!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Wow, great choice! What a sweet idea!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Your plan is wonderful and the ring is even better! I can''t wait to hear how it turns out.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, you are such a sweetie! The ring is beautiful, and that is a lovely upgrade! As much as I love the look of my e-ring alone, I prefer the married look that a seperate wedding band provides, so I say that she needs a band as well. You did a wonderful job, such awesome planning!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a beautiful ring and I am sure your wife will love it.

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Awwww...it''s really beautiful!! Congrats on your 10th anni!! She''s going to love it!
9.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your wife is going to LOVE it! You''re a sweet, thoughtful husband for sure! I hate to make you spend even more money, but I also think she needs a band to go with that engagement ring. You could save that for later or have her pick it out herself if you want. Or you could go for a gorgeous eternity band or diamond wedding band like what Jayrenay posted. Either one is sure to be a pleaser!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results