shape
carat
color
clarity

LOGR "Extra" Cost

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
one more

gems_024_.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Okay Brandy, that does it - I''m definitely going to have to get one of those LOGR settings, it''s beautiful!! Did you upgrade or customize anything? The diamonds look very white, and I love the milgrain. What are you going to put in there? I remember now seeing your jewe2004 setting - do didn''t upgrade that one, right? Do you see any difference in the diamonds?

Thanks so much for posting those.
36.gif
36.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I love those profile and side views. I see what you mean about the jewe2004 setting having very tiny stones in the shank. DH is sitting beside me, and he really likes the workmanship of the LOGR compared to the other one. Is that how you feel too? I know it''s probably hard to compare, given that they''re such different settings.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 11:38:34 PM
Author: cellentani
Okay Brandy, that does it - I''m definitely going to have to get one of those LOGR settings, it''s beautiful!! Did you upgrade or customize anything? The diamonds look very white, and I love the milgrain. What are you going to put in there? I remember now seeing your jewe2004 setting - do didn''t upgrade that one, right? Do you see any difference in the diamonds?

Thanks so much for posting those.
36.gif
36.gif
Thanks cellentani!
1.gif

I had to have the LOGR ring sized up bigger than a 9 so they had to remake the ring. I asked if they could make it in rose gold since they had to redo it anyway and they obliged with no extra fees. It was only listed as being available in white and yellow gold. I was charged, I think, $29 for the sizing and a $30 labor fee so $59 total extra for LOGR. Not too bad. I also had the jewe2004 setting sized up and they charged me $30 total. I did not upgrade the diamonds or gold on either setting.

I really like both settings though the LOGR is my favorite of the two. The only diamonds of any kind of size on the jewe setting are nice. The ones in the shank are so small I''m not sure how anyone was able to set them! The LOGR diamonds appear to be very nice and yes, visible. I don''t have a loupe to really inspect them though. I paid right at $200 for each of the settings and for that price I can''t even come close to buying a comparable one around here.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 11:42:31 PM
I love those profile and side views. I see what you mean about the jewe2004 setting having very tiny stones in the shank. DH is sitting beside me, and he really likes the workmanship of the LOGR compared to the other one. Is that how you feel too? I know it''s probably hard to compare, given that they''re such different settings.
I would have to agree. I would go LOGR over jewe2004. I think they''re both well made, I just feel I got more bang for my buck with the LOGR.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Brandy - I love your rose gold setting. That one is going on my list!
1.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 11:55:56 PM
Author: brandy_z28

Thanks cellentani!
1.gif

I had to have the LOGR ring sized up bigger than a 9 so they had to remake the ring. I asked if they could make it in rose gold since they had to redo it anyway and they obliged with no extra fees. It was only listed as being available in white and yellow gold. I was charged, I think, $29 for the sizing and a $30 labor fee so $59 total extra for LOGR. Not too bad. I also had the jewe2004 setting sized up and they charged me $30 total. I did not upgrade the diamonds or gold on either setting.

I really like both settings though the LOGR is my favorite of the two. The only diamonds of any kind of size on the jewe setting are nice. The ones in the shank are so small I''m not sure how anyone was able to set them! The LOGR diamonds appear to be very nice and yes, visible. I don''t have a loupe to really inspect them though. I paid right at $200 for each of the settings and for that price I can''t even come close to buying a comparable one around here.
Ditto that! I just spoke with Whiteflash today about an Adwar setting to see if that would be in the ballpark of an LOGR setting, but I''m not very optimistic. I agree with you about the fees not being too bad - I know my local jeweler would charge a lot more (and then he''d probably screw it up).

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Brandy,
Your rings are lovely. Thank you for the pictures. It''s nice to share comparative pictures of lanbo4 with LOGR.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 9:53:39 PM
Author: Fly Girl

Date: 7/14/2009 4:30:34 PM
Author: Gypsy
I gotta say I'm looking for an oval setting for a turquoise and I contacted him and Lan.bo4 (and all of his various stores) and Lan is SO MUCH more reasonable about customizations and upgrading diamonds and everything. I asked them for customizations on a couple of rings that are IDENTICAL at both vendors and LOGR price was always a lot higher.

AND his melee start out higher quality than LOGR so you don't HAVE to upgrade. Even though LOGR has the setting I prefer just because of all of that, I won't get one from him. His prices are so not competitive with Lan's. And as I already have a setting by Lan and think it's very good for what it is... I know what I'm getting.
Gypsy - Be prepared to return any lan.bo4 setting. I asked for, and paid for, customizations, and the ring arrived without them. He begged to let me give him another chance, but I decided to send it back to China for a refund. He did refund my money. But, I'm not willing to give a second chance. I suspect that this was no accident, and is just the way they do business.
Hmm. Okay. I will keep it in mind. I asked for a very simple basket to be replaced with one for a larger stone (while keeping the rest of the ring exactly the same, proportionally).
As for his diamonds. I upgraded mine last time, and with the one I am about to get, I'm going to as well, because the diamond weight is really low, so I don't think it's going to cost much.

We'll see.

As for his diamond weight. I did ask my jewler to estimate total diamond weight and it was right in the ballpark of what was listed (and I hadn't told him what the ctw was supposed to be) so I'm inclined to think that, at least with mine, it's accurate.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260445705827 is the one I'm going to get. It's 30 dollars to make the basket larger to accomodate an 8x10 stone. I don't know the price for the diamond upgrade yet. When I get it, I'm thinking of having milgrain added locally to finish it.

What do you think? It's for my (in the mail) turqouise oval cab 8 x 10.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Brandy, the LOGR ring came out really nicely! I''m getting mine in rose gold too so it''s nice to see how it looks. Are you happy with the non upgraded diamonds? I admit I''m very torn about it right now and can''t decide!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 8:40:12 AM
Author: Babyblue033
Brandy, the LOGR ring came out really nicely! I''m getting mine in rose gold too so it''s nice to see how it looks. Are you happy with the non upgraded diamonds? I admit I''m very torn about it right now and can''t decide!
I really like the LOGR too, Babyblue!
1.gif
I''m happy with the diamonds but I am a very limited in my ability to fairly judge them. Diamonds don''t tickle my fancy in general so I don''t have an eye for the ever so slight color differences and I also don''t have a loupe to check their clarity. They do seem to sparkle nicely and I really love the way they look with the rose gold. All in all I''m happy but I consider myself an uneducated average Joe consumer.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 12:09:08 AM

Date: 7/14/2009 9:53:39 PM
Author: Fly Girl

Date: 7/14/2009 4:30:34 PM
I gotta say I''m looking for an oval setting for a turquoise and I contacted him and Lan.bo4 (and all of his various stores) and Lan is SO MUCH more reasonable about customizations and upgrading diamonds and everything. I asked them for customizations on a couple of rings that are IDENTICAL at both vendors and LOGR price was always a lot higher.

AND his melee start out higher quality than LOGR so you don''t HAVE to upgrade. Even though LOGR has the setting I prefer just because of all of that, I won''t get one from him. His prices are so not competitive with Lan''s. And as I already have a setting by Lan and think it''s very good for what it is... I know what I''m getting.
Gypsy - Be prepared to return any lan.bo4 setting. I asked for, and paid for, customizations, and the ring arrived without them. He begged to let me give him another chance, but I decided to send it back to China for a refund. He did refund my money. But, I''m not willing to give a second chance. I suspect that this was no accident, and is just the way they do business.
Hmm. Okay. I will keep it in mind. I asked for a very simple basket to be replaced with one for a larger stone (while keeping the rest of the ring exactly the same, proportionally).
As for his diamonds. I upgraded mine last time, and with the one I am about to get, I''m going to as well, because the diamond weight is really low, so I don''t think it''s going to cost much.

We''ll see.

As for his diamond weight. I did ask my jewler to estimate total diamond weight and it was right in the ballpark of what was listed (and I hadn''t told him what the ctw was supposed to be) so I''m inclined to think that, at least with mine, it''s accurate.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260445705827 is the one I''m going to get. It''s 30 dollars to make the basket larger to accomodate an 8x10 stone. I don''t know the price for the diamond upgrade yet. When I get it, I''m thinking of having milgrain added locally to finish it.

What do you think? It''s for my (in the mail) turqouise oval cab 8 x 10.
The starting price certainly is good. I hope everything turns out as you hope for.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 11:30:37 PM
Author: brandy_z28

Date: 7/14/2009 7:00:39 PM
Brandy, I''m curious too - would you mind posting a few pics of your setting when you get a chance? I hope you''re happy with it!
Don''t mind at all cellentani.
1.gif

I am very happy with the LOGR!
36.gif
It came just as I ordered and fast!

Here they are. Please excuse my hands. I am by no means a hand model.

The empty rose gold setting is from LOGR and the white gold blank setting is from jewe2004.
For the record the LOGR setting was stated to have 0.35 cts of diamonds and the jewe2004 was stated to have 0.42 though another auction for the very same ring listed it at 0.35 cts.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Brandy Thank you so much for posting all of those photos it was very helpful. I''m going to consider LOGR for a setting and your posts were great, you "average Joe consumer" are now educating others. Not very "average Joe" anymore!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 1:37:24 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
Brandy Thank you so much for posting all of those photos it was very helpful. I''m going to consider LOGR for a setting and your posts were great, you ''average Joe consumer'' are now educating others. Not very ''average Joe'' anymore!
Thank you so much SH! You made me blush.
9.gif
I''m learning little by little as we go as well.
1.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 12:01:33 AM
Author: Kunzite
Brandy - I love your rose gold setting. That one is going on my list!
1.gif
Thanks Kunzite! Please share pics if you do get it!
1.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 12:08:31 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Brandy,
Your rings are lovely. Thank you for the pictures. It''s nice to share comparative pictures of jewe20004 with LOGR.
My pleasure TL and thank you.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results